New Article on Terminology and Flexibility

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

New Article on Terminology and Flexibility

Post by marauder » Fri May 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Hey everyone, I put up a new article. The goal of the article is to help new readers learn what to take from other tactical articles. It is a bit academic and theoretical. I know CA99, Duxburian, and Drenchenator will be able to dig what I'm saying, but I also hope that everyone else is able to read it and get something out of it.

The main lesson is that water warfare is one of the most flexible games out there. We take inspiration from other places, but we take it and modify it because it works, not because we are trying to play something else. The same is true for tactics. When you read an article on my site or any other consider the circumstances in which you'd use the lessons from those articles. What you read should give you more ideas, not limit them. I'm also using this article as a chance to get feedback in order to update old articles. There's a lot going on in getting the new site up and adding more content, I'm pretty excited about this and to hear what you think.

http://hydrowar.wordpress.com/2013/05/3 ... exibility/
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Re: New Article on Terminology and Flexibility

Post by isoaker » Fri May 31, 2013 9:49 pm

Nice! And, BTW, nice redo on Hydrowar. Man, it's been awhile since I've visited it and it's looking really slick now!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri May 31, 2013 10:54 pm

This is what I saw in 2006 when I got into water warfare: variety. This was in both the variety of blasters out there as well as the variety of attacks that can be made, from streams to water balloons and even various close range attacks. I didn't know of WBL's of course, but that f
pushed me further into it.

Variety and flexibility apply as far to game setups as it does to tactics. The thing is that you can never get too set in how you play or host water wars; that there's always a different way to do it that you haven't tried yet. For example, using shields is very unpopular, but they may be useful for boats in naval wars, within reason.

The uniqueness of our game also goes well beyond being able to use natural water sources as ammo. The movement and dodging action runs very intensively and fast paced. Getting hits requires a lot of skill, but there are plenty of such skills that can contribute to said hits.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:35 am

Great article. It looks like it'd be good to link it to new players. More than once, I've had people ask me, "Why don't you just play paintball?"

It looks like I'll have to update my bookmarks too.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.