" Calvary" for a water fight - An idea that should work!

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:38 am

To make cavalry for a water fighting army, take the calvary peoples' bikes (this causes no permanent damage) and in the handlebars duct tape down a gun that doesn't need pumping. Then tie a string around the trigger of the water gun. Then attach the sting to the right or back handbrake (if it has a left or front handbrake). Then to shoot the calvary person just had to pull on their right or back handbrake. DON"T PLOW THE ENEMY THOUGH! Unless it is a true battle, like the Battle of Gettysburg. Results: :soakthemall And a more successful surprise :surprise

Edited By WaterNapoleon on 1160270708
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:46 am

Welcome to the forums!

While the bike use idea has been around for awhile, I don't see the point in attaching the string to the braking system. If a soaker is mounted properly, you should still be able to pull the trigger without needing to use a string. The main problem with the string is that it'd activate the soaker everytime you stop even if there is no one in front of you.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:36 pm

Wouldn't it be somewhat hard to stay up while firing?
Also, it would be kind of hard to aim.
Something similar to this that might work, is to use one of those really good pedal go-carts, or even an electric one, then you could attach your guns.
Like the A.A.V. that General Matt constructed here:
http://www.isoaker.com/mySoaker/Gallery/20060614b.cfm

Personally, I would use a much more rugged vehicle, since my team fights on much tougher terrane. And I would try to make it a more clean integration of weapons. The best option, would probably be to have two people on the assault vehicle, one focuses on shooting while the other drives.

If you wanted to have the best possible armored vehicle, you should make your own, then it can be completely dedicated to water-warfare.
I have a feasible design for a tank, that is build to be capable of navigating the tough terrain in our area, has a crew of two people to operate it and would be heavily armed with long-range weaponry and a point-defense gun.

This is a design, that shows most of the components of the tank.

http://sugarmtnfarm.com/snowwolf/images ... rtank.jpeg

The WBL cannon is of my own design, but I'm not going to release much information on it quite yet.
The one big component that this design is not showing is a mini air compressor to power the weapons.
I'm working on making a sort of "Cow Catcher" system so that it can't run people over.
Its doubtful that I would ever build it and even if I did, it would probably be a multi year project. But If I have the design, one day when I have nothing to do, I might start building it, since I would already have all the plans for it.

Edited By WaterWolf on 1160242644
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:28 pm

Welcome to the iSoaker.com Forums! Nice to see you here.

Ideally, the brake lever attached to the front brake (which doesn't really need functionality, in my experience) should have its system loosened as much as possible, to the point where pulling on it doesn't do a thing. In the U.S., it's the lever on the left. Then you can both brake with the right hand and shoot with the left. Alternatively, duct taping the gun, preferably a Hydra Pak, a Power Pak, or a homemade (so you don't need to pump) to the middle would also work well.

@ WaterWolf: I'm pretty sure that's over analyzing the situation. Cavalry (not calvary) is all about lightly-armed, mobile guys swiftly and briefly attacking certain points. It's definitely not about heavily armored, slow-moving tanks staggering straight through a stream of ordnance.

But you do have a point--bikes can be pretty clumsy. I would either use a bike on a 1/2-mile or longer road through a really long battlefield, and then get off and fight, or I would learn how to rollerblade and then use rollerblades on paved ground. ;)

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:29 pm

The bike works better if you need a quick, lightweight, not heavily armored, way to bring in troops. I'll improve the design and post a picture. I'm working on a turret to put the gun on, and maybe a trigger that works like a handbrake on the left handle ( I almost never use the left or front handbrake). If you've ever seen Star Wars II, III, or VI, it is to be about like the speeder bikes. And put pillows on the cow catcher. Edison rode a cow catcher with some cushions on it on a train.
P.S. Since Silent Guy posted a minute before me, I've edited this comment and I've got him a response on the bikes are clumsy: They are. I would suggest someone really good on a bike to ride in the calvary. Our bikes would be about like the armies' horses, wouldn't they?

Edited By WaterNapoleon on 1160246147
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:00 pm

@ SilentGuy: Ya, I guess so, I had thought this topic was talking about Water-Vehicles in general. I guess a bike would be the best thing I can think of for the job that you want, but if I had a mechanized Division in my army, I would want heavier vehicles. The lightest I would want, would be something like General Matt's A.A.V. that I mentioned above, but I would really prefer something more like the Water-Warfare equivalent of the Warthog from Halo

Edited By WaterWolf on 1160258513
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:26 pm

If the misspelling I made offended anybody, I'm sorry. I barely made an A in Spelling, but it was combined with Reading.

Grand General Napoleon out.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:50 pm

It all really depends on how you use this, as I said before. On large fields, I can see a bike as being truly indispensable due to its long range mobility. Cavalry-wise, that is charging and going on runs while shooting, is pointless against somebody who would think of maneuvering and firing back at you.

FinalFantasizer

Post by FinalFantasizer » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:18 pm

What kind of battles are we talking about here? I don't think a bike would give you any advantage in most wars, as your advance (although very fast) would be seen by all of your enemies. Mounting a weapon on the handlebars means being able to fire only in the direction in which you are moving; that means that you would be a defenseless if attacked from the sides. Also, a bike has little or no mobility in forested areas, making stealth impossible.

However, the bike has given me an idea. What if the weapon was easily detachable, meaning that you could qiuickly advance, dismount, and change class from cavalry to light infantry? The bike would, then, become more useful, as you could make a fast and relatively safe charge into enemy lines without becoming physically tired. Then, when mobility becomes more important than speed, one could easily continue to fight on foot.
Armory:

CPS 12000
CPS 21000
CPS 27000
CPS 12000 (in the works)
CPS 3000 (w/ MI:Overload Backpack)
CPS Splashzooka
SC Big trouble
XP 310 & 270
MI Flash Flood
MI Overload
Douchenator

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:39 pm

Old topic, but no matter.

If anything, I'd use a bike to get between two safe points. Not to necessarily get to the enemy. I'd go it on foot from there.

But water war isn't really supposed to mimic real wars with vehicles, and it really can't.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:12 pm

There is a vast array of tactics that would make you sorry you chose a bike: the Positioning, Trap, Sprinters', and Armageddon Ambushes, any of those with a Split, Artillery and Ambush Bombardments, Offensive, Outnumbered, Split, and Russian Defences, and Hit and Run. When you think about it from a tactical point of view, there's no way getting on a bike is worth it, except for brief transport. And if you're in a forested area, a solid Russian Defence would totally cripple all vehicles. Counter-Cavalry would be even more deadly if the enemy is equipped with their own artillery. Bikers in an open area would be sitting ducks. Sure they've got speed, but the hidden enemy has perfectly clear targets. It would be like soldiers going into Southern Lebanon on horseback to face concealed terrorists with rockets.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers