Back in black

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
zeda.beta

Back in black

Post by zeda.beta » Tue May 08, 2012 4:27 pm

So I don't remember exactly how many of you transferred over from SSC (I recognize a few usernames), but seeing as it's been a while and a new season is starting up I thought I would drop by again.

Good to be back in action :cps2000:
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

atvan

Re: Back in black

Post by atvan » Tue May 08, 2012 4:40 pm

Nice to see some faces (or usernames lol) popping back in.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue May 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue May 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Hey, welcome back! I was wondering what happened to all of the SSC-only members.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue May 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Now I really see familiar faces, good to be back.

DX

Post by DX » Tue May 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Welcome back!
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue May 08, 2012 8:28 pm

I'm still here too. The one who constantly bitched about how useless piston pumpers are. (Or maybe that was when steelboot was around, not you. It's been a while lol.)

Welcome back, and here's your song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fSEjlLQcRY&ob=av2e

If you're bored, you can check out the new HBWW in my sig too lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue May 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Yeah, steelboot was around when I was active too. I remember the convos about pistons, and until i built up my arsenal I had no idea how useless they really were.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue May 08, 2012 9:59 pm

On second thought, you weren't really gone that long, because nothing has really changed from both Hasbro and BBT. Then again, nothing has for almost a decade now.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

kbuno50

Post by kbuno50 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:06 pm

CA99 wrote:On second thought, you weren't really gone that long, because nothing has really changed from both Hasbro and BBT. Then again, nothing has for almost a decade now.
One thing: poking a hole in a water bottle cap and squirting it is now a better blaster than hasbro's new super soakers.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon May 14, 2012 8:20 pm

kbuno50 wrote:One thing: poking a hole in a water bottle cap and squirting it is now a better blaster than hasbro's new super soakers.
The problems with their soakers don't end there. I really want to see a throwback to at least '01, when they still had a single good cps on the market and at least a knockoff of a monster.

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Mon May 14, 2012 11:46 pm

Hello again fellow SSC members, Just as I was gearing up for another splash filled summer, It's too bad to see that SSC had to go. How is everyone doing?

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed May 16, 2012 10:04 am

SSC had the better base for DIY/homemades and I still have to make a push for that material to get over here. However, the merge is definitely for the better. Two forums < one at this point, given how small the community is.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed May 16, 2012 10:27 am

CA99 wrote:SSC had the better base for DIY/homemades and I still have to make a push for that material to get over here. However, the merge is definitely for the better. Two forums < one at this point, given how small the community is.
I'm all for building a stronger base for DIY/homemades here at WWn. I just don't have the knowledge and experience other members here have.

Anyone who doesn't have, but would like to add in more info into the WWn wiki, let me know and access can be granted! While I'll help when I can, too many other responsibilities tend to draw my attention elsewhere. WWn is built to be as inclusive as possible.

Welcome all to WWn!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed May 16, 2012 11:46 am

isoaker wrote:
CA99 wrote:SSC had the better base for DIY/homemades and I still have to make a push for that material to get over here. However, the merge is definitely for the better. Two forums < one at this point, given how small the community is.
I'm all for building a stronger base for DIY/homemades here at WWn. I just don't have the knowledge and experience other members here have.
With all the stuff going on this year, I haven't had as much time as I would like to add to WWn and the Wiki especially. How should we go about adding said material to WWn. I'm assuming it would be frowned upon to simply 'copy and paste' the content (especially images) directly from SSC, or would that be acceptable given adequate referencing? If so, what would be classed as adequate? Otherwise would a re-written copy be more acceptable, rather than simply 'lifting' information from SSC?

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 16, 2012 11:51 am

Rewriting it from scratch is the most ethical way. Cite the original if it's not a well known subject, and any images reused, and it should be fine.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed May 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Andrew wrote:How should we go about adding said material to WWn. I'm assuming it would be frowned upon to simply 'copy and paste' the content (especially images) directly from SSC, or would that be acceptable given adequate referencing? If so, what would be classed as adequate? Otherwise would a re-written copy be more acceptable, rather than simply 'lifting' information from SSC?
As DX noted, rewriting material, especially if you have and can add in insight from your own experiences, is the best route. I would not want any content grabbed/lifted/stolen from SSC. If content from SSC ends up in the wiki, it MUST be with the full knowledge and authorization from the individual(s) who created the content in the first place. I did move a bunch of stuff from iSoaker.com regarding water warfare into the wiki, but felt fine doing so since I was the one who created the content. Additionally, I tried to avoid having the same content duplicated on the web so most info that got pushed here were remove from iSoaker.com, itself. The removal of duplicate content is not absolutely necessary, but doing so does help confirm that content was moved intentionally, not just lifted.

That said, the best way to build content is just to add to pages whenever time and energy permits. Little steps lead to big changes over time. Every added word does count and also helps inspire others to add in their thoughts as well.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed May 16, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks isoaker and DX for the clarity. I'll get working on it whenever I can. Hopefully more of the SSC members will come over to WWn aswell (After all many of the articles on SSC were by members).