Why do people gotta hate :P

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
1xalpha

Why do people gotta hate :P

Post by 1xalpha » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:49 pm

I don't really take a lot of pride in water guns because often times people always say that water guns and water gun fights are for 5 year olds that aren't old enough for paintball... I find water gun wars fun and just as intense tho... my question is... Y people hate?

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Why do people gotta hate :P

Post by HBWW » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Some of it's ignorance, some of it is an inability to adapt to the intense close quarters combat style of water warfare. There's also probably a psychological factor that gets people to take other, more expensive war games more seriously even if part of it is the difficulty of counting hits in water warfare.

In any case, paintball, airsoft, laser tag, nerf, and water warfare all have their own pros and cons. When you balance it out, they are all very closely balanced and each has features not found in any others.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:40 am

My advice is... don't ever compare waterwar to paintball. They are 2 very different things, although both may give you an awesome rush of adreneline. Sometimes you kinda gotta admit that it's a little dorky, but when you say that you're not too cool or stuck up to do what you find fun, people usually respect that.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:48 am

Dorky ftw!

Anyway, WW can be as pricey as you make it, but I think it comes down to partly registering a hit, and if it don't hurt, it ain't cool.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 am

A lot of it might have to do with video games. When little Jimmy plays games like Modern Warfare 2, he thinks "WOW! That's so COOL! I wish I could kill people too!" (Well maybe that's too much of an exaggeration...), but Jimmy's too young to join the military, so he does the next best thing; find a war game. But which one? With most water gun manufacturers catering to the younger crowd with little, weak, brightly colored piss-shooters (BBT is an exception, but they still lean toward little kids more than they could be.), Jimmy automatically assumes that water warfare is a babies' game. And besides, with airsoft and paintball, the guns are much more like real firearms than water guns, so naturally Jimmy chooses one of those.
That's the best way I can explain it at the moment. :P

I don't find water warfare dorky; it's just a game, like baseball, football, soccer, or anything else that you do just to have fun.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:11 am

I remember that argument from kids when I was 13 or 14. It's pretty dumb. I don't want people like that to join the military. Having to shoot someone with real bullets is something you should never want to have to do.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:44 pm

SEAL wrote:I don't find water warfare dorky; it's just a game, like baseball, football, soccer, or anything else that you do just to have fun.
Baseball, football, and soccer put me to sleep compared to water warfare lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:50 pm

A big part of it is probably the marketing, most water guns are marketed to <10 year-olds nowadays, so for anyone older than that to be playing with them does give the typical bully a good bit of material to work with.

As with anything, be proud of who you are and enjoy your hobbies.

1xalpha

Post by 1xalpha » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:33 pm

I just don't understand. I don't make fun of airsoft :P. I don't tell people that airsoft is just a watered down version of real war. IMO water wars are a lot more fun and can be fought in public. Plus water wars in the middle of the woods is probably the best/ most intense fight i've ever had. 32v25 (I'm team leader of the 25) A CTF match was epic. I only had an XP270 back then (Don't diss the XP270 either, i used to take on people with CPS 1500's and Monster X's with my 270) It was a really close match but we lost :P 3 miles of woods and being outnumbered wasn't easy to defend, and let alone catch a break for the flag. I made a mistake in the offensive strategy and they saw thier chance :soaked:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:59 pm

You have a 25-man team!?!? Holy Hasbro! I wish I had a team like that; I've only got 3 reliable team-mates, and about 5 altogether.
That sounds like it was awesome; I love the 270, mine can get 40 feet of range. :D

You sound like you're pretty hardcore; if you're anywhere near NY, you should come to the 2nd annual community war!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:01 pm

GA means Georgia.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

1xalpha

Post by 1xalpha » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:25 pm

i dont have the team anymore. I moved to duluth and those were all bros from millidgeville GA

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:44 am

"Holy Hasbro" I think we have a new exclamation. I think I'm gonna go with "Holy Hasbro batman!" lol

1xalpha, that sounds awesome. I love that same style of fighting. We did some of that at the community war in NY last year. I have ppl in GA, in case you ever get another big war planned, I'm always down.

Welcome to the boards btw.

1xalpha

Post by 1xalpha » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:45 pm

marauder_4 wrote:"Holy Hasbro" I think we have a new exclamation. I think I'm gonna go with "Holy Hasbro batman!" lol

1xalpha, that sounds awesome. I love that same style of fighting. We did some of that at the community war in NY last year. I have ppl in GA, in case you ever get another big war planned, I'm always down.

Welcome to the boards btw.
I actually do have a community CTF war being planned in april I'll post facebook link on here. Also if any1 needs a battle strategy go to my profile and read my additional info and follow the instructions and i can get you a good one.