Most Memorable Kill/Hit?

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Most Memorable Kill/Hit?

Post by SEAL » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm sure we've all felt the joy and self-pride of landing a particularly tricky/awesome kill or hit (Depending on what you're playing.) upon our opponents. This thread is for talking about those awesome moments that made you feel amazing.

My favorite kill happened a few months ago, when me and my brothers were having a 2vs1 OHK match in our usual battlegrounds (Marked by red fire on the Warriors of the World map.). I was alone, and my brothers were against me. The awesome kill happened when I was spotted hiding among some short pine trees, and they had to cross a stream to get over to where I was. I knew they saw me, so as they started to cross the stream, I sprinted at top speed about 150 feet over to the bank, and shot Keith with my MD 6000 just as he was trying to cross. The beautiful thing about it was that he never saw me coming; there was a decent amount of concealment, and the noise from the stream blocked out any noise that I made. I felt awsome after that. :goofy:

What was YOUR favorite kill or hit?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

scottthewaterwarrior

Re: Most Memorable Kill/Hit?

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:18 am

I think my favorite, at least that I remember, was a few years ago in a soakfest on a warm July night. This was before I got my Vindicator so I was using a Flash Flood. It was me vs. my friends Luke and Bela. I was behind my garage, in the shadows, when they came into the back yard thinking I must be in the tree fort (the old wooden playground my grandpa and dad built when I was 5). I herd them coming when they were still in the side yard, they weren't good at moving quietly and were talking too. I on the other hand knew how to keep my movements silent, I backed against the brick wall and gave my Flood a slow pump just to make sure it was ready to go. I could barely here the pressure release as it squeezed water back into the main tank, perfect! I kneeled and waited, my friends passed by about two feet from where I was in the shadow. I waited until they were a little further away, then let Luke have it right in the back with the flood nozzle. I dashed back up the yard and behind the tree right by the garage. The dashing noises made by my running had covered the sound of me repressurizing the gun. By the time they turned around I was out of sight. They figured I had run around to the front yard and dashed for the side yard, right past the tree I was standing behind. This time I got Bela in the back with the regular stream and ran for the other side yard. I had completely drenched one opponent and got a good hit on another without even getting close to being hit!

Soakfests may not be as intense as some game types, but in the right area, they can still have there moments.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:51 pm

During a soakfest, some people were filling huge buckets and trying to dump them on people. It took two people to carry one, and they were mostly targeting me since I had the biggest gun. So I stood with my back to them and told my friend (who was standing in front of me) to tell me when they were coming. When they tried to get me, I jumped out of the way just in time, and shot them with my 10x. This worked more than once. It was awesome.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:13 pm

IM2 ambush- my brother was searching for me with his bottle blitz, I figured he'd go around the house counter-clockwise, so I hid behind a bush that hid me from sight if he came from that direction. Ha came around, I let him get to the end of my range, then I nailed him with the flood, and pumped up enough to fight him off while I fell back.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Bednesti

Post by Bednesti » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:03 am

Back in the day when I didn't know anything about water blasters, I pretended to team up with a friend. He told me not to shoot him. So instead, I dumped all of the water out of my Sneak Attack onto his head.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:41 pm

Another great one I had was during my only night battle. I charged my dad, who moved to my right. Instead of mirroring, which would put my brother behind me, I went back and to the right, forcing him to mirror to my left. I then charged, ducking under a stream and sidestepping just before he released the riot blast, and nailed him dead center from 10 feet away (hadn't had an opportunity to fire earlier). He fell back as per the respawn rules we used, right into the range of my brother, who waited until I pushed in. The trap sprang, allowing me a chance to rest as they moved towards my left.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:40 am

I can remember, I fired at my friend, from about 3 feet(so really near :D) We were threatening each other but well, I thought why not ? :D This time I was using my CPS 3000 at its 20 X:: nozzle.

So I fired the whole PC into his face, mostly hitten his opened mouth :D What a great thing, he was so shocked and like paralized, I fled and pressurized then, and fled into the house then :D

There is nothing more to fear than somebody being defeated and totally soaked...there is nothing you can do to threaten or keep guy on distance but running away and running faster than the opponent :D

What a great hit...hahaha Quite dangerous, when I think about it today...

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:09 am

I think Wetmonkey might agree...

http://youtu.be/m5PC8j7jkbY
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Lil Chillbil

Post by Lil Chillbil » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:06 pm

when I was 10 I was having a water war with my cousin darren I had my arctic shock with backpack attachment fully iced in gun and backpack. It was about 10pm on the 4th of july so it was pretty dark but the fireworks up in the sky gave me just enough light to see my oponent darren who was armed with his super soaker 50 10th anneversary gun. I knew he had water balloons so I was on my toes as I tried to snipe him from the tree fort he pulled out a water balloon and hurled it straight my way I paniced and slipped on the water I fell 12 feet straight over the guard rail breaking my leg.

thats more of a greatest hit/kill for him but I just felt like sharing

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Lil Chillbil wrote:I tried to snipe him from the tree fort he pulled out a water balloon and hurled it straight my way I paniced and slipped on the water I fell 12 feet straight over the guard rail breaking my leg.
Ouch, that had to hurt! Honestly though if I were him I wouldn't consider that my greatest kill ever, I'd be too worried that my friend had broken his leg. Sounds like you have had some nice battles though, welcome to the community! :cool:
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:53 pm

Definitely memorable though.
Beware the Purple

Lil Chillbil

Post by Lil Chillbil » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:34 pm

The funny part was he was so evil that he said he was going to get help but he was inside for 2 hours watching family guy. Until he finaly called 911.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 pm

marauder_4 wrote:I think Wetmonkey might agree...

http://youtu.be/m5PC8j7jkbY
Hahahaha, I think I'd have to agree. Dude the fact that you got it on video makes it about 150x better.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:08 pm

I might have a new one; I was fighting against my brother Keith in a 2vs1 (I was on the 2.), and me and Jon managed to work together and take him out. What makes it so great? It was the first time I did a roll in a water war. :D
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:52 pm

I finally have a favorite hit, Earlier I was messing around with my 300 and shot a friend in the back with 8oz of water, I almost completely soaked his back, catching him by complete surprise.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:30 pm

I'm going to list most memorable from each year, since I have a LOT of favorites.

2006: In a CTF hidden-flag soakfest, I unloaded an entire CPS 2000 PC into someone who wasn't even looking at me.

2007: In a 1HK game, while walking down a line of tall shrubs, I nailed an opponent with a Max-D 3000 (who was within 5-10 feet), the only time I remember getting a very clean/obvious pistol kill. (It was easier to wield there than my CPS 10k.) He was a very good sport and didn't even fire back at me which could've caused confusion as to who hit who first.

2008: Hit a shield-blaster user in the lower leg/foot during a 1HK game. He cheated and didn't count it.

2009: Got a dual wield kill in a "light blasters only" (per my definition) FFA 1HK round. I had a pair of Max-D 3000's.

2010: Nothing real memorable as far as my kills go, except a lot of hilarious riot shield action in CTF 1H(team)S. In one game, the other team took the longer hose to their advantage, and attacked my whole base with it along with a sled shield.

2011: Two memorable kills in 2 days of water warfare. Both in 1HK.
- Hit an opponent with a water balloon + CPS 12k tap shot series combo-attack. (The water balloon exploded in his hand when he tried to catch it.)
- Stalked same opponent, sneaked up to a building's tall wall, nailed him with an XP 270 by complete surprise when he returned to his hiding spot.

2012: Sneaked around a house (not my house) and shot an opponent in the back in a 1HK game.

2013:
- Hit SEAL twice in the 3-lives assault round.
- Pretty much any hit I got on Scott for the whole weekend.
- Charging against Marauder with a 10k while he had a 275.
- Charging against Latsvyert in the BBT-only game.
- Getting a long distance hit on Duxburian in the BBT-only game.

Sorry, but I couldn't pick a favorite out of all these. :goofy:
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

AMBUSH

Post by AMBUSH » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:10 am

I think my most Memorable kill was at the first Downpour. It was a thunder gulch round. DX was behind a tree with the 12k and I had a Helix. I tried advancing but the power of the 12k drove me back and then he looked over somewhere else. Now was my chance. I rushed forward and got DX in the shoulder. That was my most Memorable kill.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:48 am

CA99, I think you only hit me once in that round. The second time was after the time expired and I wasn't really paying attention. (Of course, that's what I remember; maybe the videos say differently.)

Don't really have any recent memorable hits, except for the time at Downpour 2012 where I shot a CPS 2000 at Bela, who jumped out of the way, letting the stream hit Scott who was standing right behind him. :lol: Actually, I had quite a few awesome kills in that war.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~