LOOK NOW! Gun buyback for kids?

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
TheSoaker

LOOK NOW! Gun buyback for kids?

Post by TheSoaker » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:22 pm

super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

isoaker

Re: LOOK NOW! Gun buyback for kids?

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Silly society sometimes.

However, please be more descriptive with thread titles. I've edited the original "LOOK NOW!" to make it easier for others to tell what the point of this thread is in the future.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:28 pm

ok sorry
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:29 pm

"We want to put that fear back into our children, teaching them what guns can do, how they affect their community."

Because the concept of someone knowing how to handle a firearm safely and smartly is too much for them. Take away their toys, then be sure to buy another stack of pizza to get rid of their violent, horrible murder training programs they play on their Xbox. Don't want someone getting comfortable with holding a gun and murdering someone with it because Call of Duty taught them how to turn off the safety. (Oh wait, it doesn't.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:06 pm

TheSoaker wrote:ok sorry
No worries; 'tis a good (but sad sort of) link! I, too, get tempted to make these sort of attention grabbing titles, but thing is, if everyone did, we'd end up with a link of threads like "Look here!", "Check this out!", "OMG!!!", etc. and that would make it really crazy when one really wants to figure out if a thread is worth opening and even worse for trying to find a thread again.

Back on topic:
As for parents who think the only way to keep their kids safe is to try to remove any weapon-like toy, those are the types who try to push the responsibility of parenting to others. They may as well lock their kids in a room devoid of all toys, cutlery, and any external stimulation for fear that they may get the wrong impression from the outside world. I don't consider myself pro- or anti- actual firearms, but when it comes to toy blasters, I fully intend to ensure my kid knows the difference between reality and pretend play.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:36 pm

That's a horrible waste of hundreds of nerf guns. People are throwing away their Vortex guns and LE Gear Up guns for pizza? Someone should go dig them up. Most of the comments were reasonable though.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Draw SHOVELS!
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:01 pm

That's madness! What has the world come too? I'm not really for guns, but toy guns? I think it is better to let kids have toy guns, this why they have an outlet for there aggression that doesn't actually hurt people. Just make sure they know the difference between real violence and pretend violence. With out even basic knowledge in fire arm use, whats to stop them from blowing there head off? With toy guns, they can practice how to safely use a fire arm for if, and when, they are ever handed one. It doesn't always go toy guns to real guns ether, I admit, I bought a BB gun, but never a real gun. Lets not even go into how I don't like holding such a deadly weapon in my hand, but it was too darn loud! I don't have to wear ear plugs to shoot my Longshot. Guns aren't even the problem, if you wanted to kill some one, and didn't have a gun, there a plenty of other ways. Really parents should just teach kids that violence is not the answer and how to control their anger, that way, guns or not, they wont kill anyone. I can see what is driving this, but I think their energy would be better spent on other problems, like childhood obesity. Say, with all that pizza, might they be contributing to that? And what a waste of Nerf guns, I'm against killing animals but if some one gave me a fur coat I wouldn't throw it out, it's such a waste! The world would be a better place with out guns, but since they are here, we might as well teach people the rights and wrongs about them. What they are doing isn't even gun control (or if it is, I'm now against gun control), gun control would be keeping track of who has guns so if someone gets shot, they have an idea who might have done it. And as a liberal, let me say, don't these idiots speak for all of us.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:44 pm

O well... Doing such things just changes nothing. In the end some kids may even buy guns to trade and get more for their money, then when just buying this things directly...

just taking away the "dangerous guns" does not change the children's mind, they would not bother to just buy a new gun when the possibility is there, so nothing reached yet.

Furtheremore when they believe such things make children familiar with the use of weapons they should better think in a bigger area. Computer games like egoshooters just have a much greater impact then playing around with a water gun or a nerf gun. There is really nor much behind such an action... what a poor thing! Better children play outside and run around and try to catch each other than they are just sitting inside and playing computer games etc. Total nonsense!

Also, es mentioned in one of the statements, people's thinking must be changed. A crazy guy will always find a way to harm someone, although you take away his weapon. The weapon itself is not guilty for its abuse. But I do not want to say, holding real guns is good, for sure not! I just do not see much danger in using water guns/ nerf guns...