ranking, what do you see yourself as?

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.

where do you rank?

greater than elite
No votes
elite
17%
veteran
17%
advanced
29%
intermediate
25%
novice
4%
what is a water gun?
4%
not stated (put in comments)
4%

Total votes: 24

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: ranking, what do you see yourself as?

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:14 pm

I have compared sniping ranges to standerd fighting with real guns and a sniper has about 3 times the range or 90" would be reasonable. Not even the supercanon2 can reach that far.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:28 pm

^ And that is the exact reason why I don't consider anything that shoots a stream to be sniping in WW (to the point where I can't even use the term at all in such situations nor take anyone as seriously when they do), at least until you start looking at water balloon launchers. However, WBL's are also comparable to artillery, in that their ranges are numerous times greater than that of standard "small arms". (Versus just a few times greater.) I suppose the PWN312 leans more towards the "sniper rifle" of water warfare, while the PWN323 (or Douchenator for that matter) is more along the lines of artillery. When you get involved with vehicles (i.e. foot "tanks", pedal boats, etc.), the 312 is more like a cannon or an "anti-materiel rifle" instead, haha.

Regarding the original topic at hand, despite all the ego brushing I did on the last page back in February, I still humbly carry out the duties of the HydroBrawl Water Warfare Chief Event Organizer. In short, I'm nothing more than a party host.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:18 pm

i'm not stated. i don't wanna say "veteran", but i dont wand to underclass myself as "advanced". sooo.... let's make a new rank. we'll call it "the rank thelaminator goes in because he is between the surrounding ones" :goofy:

edit:
Stuff&Nonsense wrote:Don't choose greater than elite for the sake of doing so.
Please consider where you are.
i think you scared off potential greater-than-elites, since they carry 0 votes total. furthermore, if someone chooses "what is a water gun", and is on this forum, mind i ask; what do you think we're talking about? puppies?
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:39 pm

thelaminator wrote:furthermore, if someone chooses "what is a water gun", and is on this forum, mind i ask; what do you think we're talking about? puppies?
Done.

Realistically, I don't have a clue. I'm semi-athletic, reasonable aim, can devise a strategy pretty quickly, and I know as much about stock soakers as the next enthusiast. I guess that makes me the Sauron of water warfare.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:08 pm

I voted advanced a while ago, but I like to think that I've gone up a notch since then. I'd say someone who's "Greater than elite", should have huge wars, have tanks and planes, creates 200'-shooting homemades, etc.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:18 pm

mr. dude wrote:
thelaminator wrote:furthermore, if someone chooses "what is a water gun", and is on this forum, mind i ask; what do you think we're talking about? puppies?
Done.

Realistically, I don't have a clue. I'm semi-athletic, reasonable aim, can devise a strategy pretty quickly, and I know as much about stock soakers as the next enthusiast. I guess that makes me the Sauron of water warfare.
The only way to find out is to come to the Community War, Sauron :lol:
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:32 pm

SEAL wrote:I'd say someone who's "Greater than elite", should have huge wars, have tanks and planes, creates 200'-shooting homemades, etc.
"huge wars"? you need to be more specific :goofy:

tanks? planes? modern sonic physics? (what?)

200'? supercannon III? the first 'universally banned' blaster? only time will tell... :goofy:
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:11 pm

marauder_4 wrote:
mr. dude wrote:
Done.

The only way to find out is to come to the Community War, Sauron :lol:
Hopefully I'll be free. I'm working on making a *ahem* wedding ring at the moment... It promises to take up a lot of time... :goofy:

It all depends on where I end up working in the summer.

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:54 pm

I call Faromir. Yes, I meant Faromir, unless I spelled it wrong. Or the king of Rohan.

I'm still where I was. Not as exciting a story as you guys. Hence the Faromir.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Im an elete because I have very powerful guns and I can outrun most people who fight me even with a monster XL and I can get it's PCs full in a little less than 30 seconds. While running. its my weakest gun but it gets the job done.... when its slung over MY shoulder.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:52 am

There is more to soaking than speed and guns. I'm sure DX would lave to challenge you. You should come to the next community ar.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:22 pm

atvan wrote:There is more to soaking than speed and guns. I'm sure DX would lave to challenge you. You should come to the next community ar.
i didn't know the community had augmented reality! :goofy:

and, yes, that is completely true. well, sorta. i'm not to fond of the "max-d 2k vs cps 2k" argument.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:49 pm

We should totally do that this year. DX and the other quick/fast people with 2ks, and the mere mortals with 2Ks (notice the capital? :goofy: )
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:55 pm

atvan wrote:We should totally do that this year. DX and the other quick/fast people with 2ks, and the mere mortals with 2Ks (notice the capital? :goofy: )
That would be awesome! I wonder which team the half gods would be on, like me and SEAL? It is questionable weather we would have enough 2Ks, but I could probably use my 2500. Honestly I really think even with equal teams if the mortal team had any skill at all, they would win. In the CSW I went against DX with my Vindicator (much bigger then a Max-D) and he simply outraged me. I know there is a big difference in my skill and DX's, but it is still close enough that if it was possible I should have at least gotten a close hit, and I didn't get within 5 feet. But it still would be cool to try, especially if the teams were unbalanced with less 2K guys (with less skill) then 2k guys.

I think I might have been wrong on my rating before. Now I am Veteran, after my experienced gained at the Community Summer War, but before I think I was just Advanced. My friends have also seen much improvement, the summer of 2010 I would have said most of them to be between Novice and Intermediate. But they really got good this last summer and now they are all in some level of Intermediate.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 pm

Gah! Avatar confusion!

IDK, it think it would be fun to try out, theory vs. logic.
Beware the Purple