My Freecycle Post

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
teamfear

My Freecycle Post

Post by teamfear » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:35 pm

In an attempt to get new water guns I posted the following on my areas freecycle website:

I am looking for old water guns or super soakers. The new ones are not that good. The type I'm looking for are usually larger than 60 cm and should say CPS followed by a number in the thousands such as 1000, or say monster somewhere on it. If they are broken I can fix them. Here are the types I'm looking for. Note: If you have water guns that are not listed below but want to get rid of them I will take them. I am a hobbyist and collector, I can take a large amount from you instead of them ending up in the garbage. I can travel to pick them up anywhere in (my area).

Heavy Water Blasters:
Name: CPS 1000
Length: about 60 cm'
Colors: Purple and white

Name: CPS 1200
Length: about 60 cm
Colors: Yellow and purple (or purple and grey)

Name: CPS 2100
Length: about 60 cm
Colors: Grey, Yellow, Orange

Medium Water Cannons
Name: CPS 1500
Length: about 75 cm
Colors: Green, grey

Name: CPS 1700
Colors: Green, blue

Name: CPS 2700
Colors: Orange Yellow

Heavy water Cannons:
Name: Monster X
Length: about 80 cm
Colors: Green, grey

Name: Monster XL
Length: over 1 meter
Colors: Black, purple, yellow tank
Extra: Two barrels, has a bi pod

Name:CPS 2500
Length: About 80 cm (Three Nozzles)
Colors: red and white/grey

Name: CPS 2000
Length: About 80 cm
Colors: Purple, White/Grey (One nozzle)
Extra: THIS ONE IS THE BEST! I would appreciate it greatly

Backpack Cannons
Name: CPS 3000
Length: about 70 cm with a backpack
Colors: Grey and a bit of blue

Name: CPS 3200
Length: About 70 cm with a backpack
Colors: All yellow

These are the main ones I'm looking for but if any of the following names ring a bell I am also interested in them.

Xp (Xtra Power)
The blasters are smaller and have one nozzle. Here are some of the names of them: XP 150, XP 70, XP 105, XP 250

XXP (Xtra Xtra Power)
These Blasters are like XPs but they have two nozzles. Here are some of the names of them: XXP 175, XXP 275

SC (Super Charger)
These blasters use a hose to pressurize. They have a pistol sized blaster attached to a back pack. Here are some of the names of them: SC Power Pak, SC Big Trouble

SS (Original Super Soaker)
These are the oldest water blasters. They were made in the late 80's and early 90's. They have long barrels. I will go into more detail about these because they are old.

Name: SS 50
Length: around 40 cm
Colors: Yellow and green

Name: SS 100
Length: around 70 cm
Colors: Blue and yellow

Name: SS 200
Length: Around 70 cm
Colors: Yellow and orange
Extra: Has two tanks

Name: SS 300
Length: Around 70cm
Colors: Blue and purple
Extra: uses a lever to fire. HAS A BACK PACK.

Max D (Maximum Distance)
These are smaller water guns that go from about a foot long to 50 cm. Here are some of their names: Max D 2000, Max D 3000, Max D 4000, Max D 5000, Max D 6000

Modern Super Soakers:
I am also looking for newer super soakers, like the rest, working or broken. Some of these may be in stores. Here are some names: Artic Blast, Flash Flood, Hydro Blitz, Hyrdo Blade, Triple Shot, Sneak Attack, Aqua Pack

Thank You for reading this and hopefully some of you have some and are generous enough to give them away. When people through out old toys and other thing they erase their childhood. Most of these are from the 90s when super soakers and water guns were made for performance, not like today where they are made to break so you have to buy new ones.

Silence

Re: My Freecycle Post

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:40 pm

Good luck. Cross your fingers and hope they don't decide to sell the water guns instead. :)

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Yeah, hopefully this works better than going to yard sales. I read the SSCentral post on buying old water guns so I got some ideas.

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:14 pm

You sure do take initiative! You may want to correct your CPS 1000 post: It's more blue and white and grey, not purple and white.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:49 pm

I got a 1000, its purple and grey. I have a few more tricks up my sleave and am waiting for many emails. I cant say anything or it'd ruin it for me. I also got some friends looking for super soakers.

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Why make nothing? Contact Teh Moron to get PAID for these guns.

Before you contact him, however, keep in mind I am willing to pay up to 20 dollars per gun listed above, and if you have more than 1 CPS gun, I've got a 10 dollar bonus for you.

I will be willing to pick up anywhere in the Greater Toronto Area, and its suburbs.
And all deals will be in cash.

PM me on the forums with the gun name, a photo (if possible) and your price.

Thanks, and I hope to see you soon!
Image[/

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:04 pm

You Really Are getting on my nerves. I am usually calm on the boards but you have made several comments over the past few months that really are annoying me. First You Trash My tank and call it a piece of s***. Then I am discussing buying a gun and you annouce you are buying it and try to sell it to me for a ridiculously high price, that isn't the bad but you are lacking common decency. Lastly you make an absolute pointless post in my thread about my post on my local freecycle. One, I am not in your area so your comment makes no sense because I am not trying to buy water guns from people on the boards. Two, The people on my freecycle would not see it. Three, Freecycle is free, no cash is involved. I suggest you smarten up and think before you post.

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:28 pm

I'm just letting the good people know that these GUNS are actually WORTH something before it goes to OPPORTUNISTS like you, and kind hearted people are ripped off because of YOUR begging.

It is not illegal to offer to buy something for more than what the competition is paying. That's the way capitalism works, and if you don't like it, move to small communist island nations with oppressive regimes.

It's also good business sense, and if that means I can sell some more guns on ebay for a hefty profit, that's absolutely fine by me.

Nothing in life is free, kid. Sooner you realize that, the better.
Image[/

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:11 pm

I realize that nothing is free in life but you are in no position to call me lecture me.I have seen many people get free guns on freecycle, This is a recomended tactic to getting cheap water guns in your community. Who is the audience you are trying to get to see your post saying you will buy those guns? People on forums know how much the guns are worth. Freecycle is like online yard sale hunting in MY local area. I'm not ripping anyone off. You think that posting something on a forum will change anyones minds on freecycle? The point of freecycle not for begging its fir people that wish to get rid of items without shipping it to some bloke in Toronto to avoid hassle and don't need the money. Only water warfare enthusiasts recognize the price and water guns are only worth the 200 $ on the internet because people know water warriors will pay that much. If I was posting in a thread asking for free water guns from members of the community you would have a right to say what you said but I was simply documenting what I said just to show the community and updating them if I got anything. Everyone else who posted knew what I was doing but why tell water warriors something they already know. I wasn't even asking them for anything.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Fear, he does have a point. Don't expect too much from this, though if you don't have any money and if this works out, good.

Moron, people who don't know of the value of them will likely just throw them away anyway. And those who actually read these forums will know to sell them. Its quite simple; some people just don't care and wouldn't figure out the value of those guns, and in this case, its pretty obvious that he may end up with nothing by posting there (and I believe he knows that), but its still worth a try. (at least IMO. It doesn't hurt to post it.) As for the tank, if he can find a way to make it useful, leave it be.

Its much better to give those guns to someone who can use them than to throw them away. Plus, if someone has a broken CPS, its unlikely to fetch for much on eBay - people want stuff that works. In that case, sending it over would be better.

With that said, lets keep this under control. Remember, water wars, not flame wars. (Sorry, that was rather corny but you get the point.)

I should mention, most of the Max-D line is available or has recently been available. I've gotten the 2k, 3k, and 6k from stores in the past 2 years; they're pretty easy to find. (though I'm not sure on the 6k now, it might be a bit less common compared to recent SS's as well as WW's that are starting to dominate) Of course, the new SS50 is also around. The old one really isn't much good other than for collecting or decoration since it'll probably break if subject to battle conditions.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:17 pm

@Teh Moron: I agree wholeheartedly with teamfear on this matter. You need to stop talking shit on his threads and leave him alone. He can go on freecycle if he wants. There's nothing wrong with getting water guns for free from people who don't want them. It's called charity. Seriously, smarten up!
Still love soakers.

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:25 pm

I am allowed to see his threads in whatever light I wish to, steel_boot, and respond accordingly.

That post was to convince people viewing your ad from the forums to sell to me. If they do their research, they'll hopefully see this thread, and sell to me.

Thanks, but no thanks for your opinions.
Image[/

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:39 pm

If they do their research, they'll sell them on eBay. (and not take less than $100 for a working 2000) If you want them, go out and buy them. If you want them cheap, wait for the off-season. This thread (and forum) is to discuss, not to make offers or trade. (and that first post was for discussion, not as an ad) After all, you don't see anyone else posting offers here trying to get the occassional random person who finds this thread/forum from google.

Also, as I previously mentioned, this is a good way to collect broken soakers for repair. Broken soakers sold on eBay don't earn too much anyway so who cares.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks for the support guys. It seems everyone else got the point of the thread.

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:22 pm

No problem.
Still love soakers.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:14 am

@teamfear: as difficult as it is, when others, particularly in online forums, have different opinions are their typed words read seemingly harshly, there's no point getting angry/upset (though it is very natural to). Sometimes, text just reads stronger than if the post were actually spoken by the member and, other times, the post comes from a lack of understanding.

@Teh Moron: you have some points, but in the end, you're misunderstanding the idea of freecycling and what teamfear has hoped to do. He's not begging nor trying to gyp someone from making money. To some, old water blasters (as well as other things) just have no value to them and they could just as well toss them into the trash rather than be bothered to sell them. Others would be more than happy to give away an old blaster to someone they felt could make better use of it, having fun with it, and not think "Oh, I could've sold this for $20/$100." Some people's junk are another person's treasure. Freecycling is simply about trying to prevent stuff from ending up in the landfill and sharing resources with others without the need to make monetary profit.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:45 am

I was just upset because he has a past of posting troll like responses on my threads. Starting with the tank thread.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:16 am

teamfear wrote:I was just upset because he has a past of posting troll like responses on my threads. Starting with the tank thread.
Oh, I completely understand your point of view. :cool:

In the end, though, the best way to handle what appear to be "trolling" posts is really to ignore them and/or dismiss them. At best, you can try to clarify things if you think there's a misunderstanding. I, too, used to get rather upset when I read posts that seemed like trolling or felt insulting, but having seen so much over the years, I can only say that being upset just isn't worth the energy as it doesn't actually solve the problem and tends to make things go from bad to worse. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

I feel this situation has been amicably resolved.
Image[/