Melee Weapons

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
teamfear

Melee Weapons

Post by teamfear » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Does anyone have any water or foam related weapons that they use for melee combat during wars? The Soakers our team uses are mainly low powered so we get within a few feet of each other before we fire so I though some type of melee weapon would be useful. It may not require to use water but it doesn't really mater. i once led a charge at the enemy using a wet towel and I slaughtered my opositon. The only problem with this is that it hurts the opponent. Maybe just a dollar store foam sword dipped in water or not could do the trick, I am thinking of using these in my corps. It may be possible to build a sword out of wood or something and put sponges on the blade to hold more water than foam. I have heard of water bottles being used but by melee i mean the weapon contacts the opponent while it is still in your hand.

Thanks Any Ideas Welcome

isoaker

Re: Melee Weapons

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:24 am

Some have discussed the idea of melee weapons before. Foam swords, sponges, etc. have all been considered. However, I believe for the majority on here, water warfare is considered a non-contact sport, thus ruling out the use of melee weaponry. Giving an option to hit someone with an object, though delivering water, can open up other sorts of problems. "The only problem with this is that it hurts the opponent." As you mentioned above, this is the primary concern regarding the use of melee weapons in water warfare. We don't want to be inflicting injury, just soaks! :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Melee Weapons

Post by HBWW » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:25 am

Water bottles are the closest we allow to "melee" attacks in water wars, so far, no sponges or anything (since they won't do much soaking anyway)

I do sort of allow melee "attacks" in our Nerf games though, but is rarely used, especially since those entertaining foam knives/bayonets are not around. In that case, I usually allow hand kills, where one lightly taps another player w/ the hand as if it were a knife kill.

As long as everyone playing is mature enough, I don't see much problem w/ melee "attacks".
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat