Best Way to Score a Soak?

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.

What are the best ways to score a soak?

Honor system - any amount of water
13%
Honor system - fist-sized splotch
27%
More Objective - colour-change shirt/ hit can be anywhere
13%
More Objective - SoakerTag/Tag like-object
7%
More Objective - hit/soak grid / percentage area soaked
27%
Objective - player-worn water-collection device (?)
No votes
Objective - electronic water sensor
13%
Other (please specify)
No votes

Total votes: 15

isoaker

Best Way to Score a Soak?

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:54 pm

While this topic has been around for awhile, I'm still not quite convinced that we, as a group, have come up with the best solution (or at least, the best hierarchy of solutions) to help those wishing to set up more organized water warfare games. The poll lists a number of options. Granted, some options could be further broken down or further detailed, but these cover most of what I can recall members talking about at one point or another. If someone has ideas that aren't listed, feel free to add in suggestions in a reply post!

For the poll, do note you can select more than one option. If inclined, feel free to rank your choices in a reply post as well.

Input, insight, comments and criticisms most welcome!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Rising Flood

Re: Best Way to Score a Soak?

Post by Rising Flood » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:54 pm

I don't have too much experience in this because I usually have soakfests, but for OHK/OHS I voted for the top three options. "Any amount of water" works well because it's quick and convenient. No measurement required as with "fist sized splotch". With "fist sized splotch", however, you can stay in a little longer because the wet spot must be a certain size. (Those two are nearly the same in my opinion.) Finally, the third option, an objective "shirt changing color" might be trickier to manage, but it might work well, too. All the other options just seemed too inconvenient to me, like electronic water sensors or water-collection devices. I tried using the SoakerTag system once, but the tag didn't seem to work properly.

Adrian

Re: Best Way to Score a Soak?

Post by Adrian » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:25 pm

With a soaker. :D

We've always used the honor system. Always seemed to work well. With a more serious game (like some sort of competition) something more objective would have to be used. I'd go with a color-change shirt or a soakertag type device.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.