Assassins Article in NYT

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
isoaker

Assassins Article in NYT

Post by isoaker » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:07 pm

Assassin's Article in New York Times

Nothing new for of us who are already familiar with this game. It's not a true water fight, but rather an elimination game using water guns. Thus, stealth and surprise attacks are much more important that actual water blaster tech or soaking abilities. Would be nice to have organized real water fights get this level of publicity, but perhaps in time...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Re: Assassins Article in NYT

Post by steelboot. » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:35 pm

I once played a 3-day long version of this with 15 kids my age when I was, maybe, 10 or 11. This was before I discovered soakers. I used a dollar store squirt pistol and got 6 kills, before some jerk killed me when I was walking by his house. He popped up out of some bushes and scared the living s**t out of me by squirting water at the back of my head.

The only difference in the version I played and the version in this article is that in our game, we didn't receive "envelopes". Instead, we could kill anybody playing.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

Adrian

Re: Assassins Article in NYT

Post by Adrian » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:43 am

That right there is certifiably awesome. And it's what will advance this sport. Imagine that with 600-1000 people, corporate sponsors, entry fees to supply the winner's pot...who wouldn't want to participate, and what company wouldn't want to one-up each other supplying equipment?

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.