Actual usabilty of water guns

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Sun

Actual usabilty of water guns

Post by Sun » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:04 pm

I've been thinking about this for a long time, because it struck me that water guns like the cps 2000 may be the most powerful water gun in the world, or the biggest,etc, but what about their actual usability on the field? I mean like, a fast person with a water gun like a FF, facing off a cps 2000, you would probably consider that unfair. But, a cps 2000 can hardly do tap shots, because their shot times are so low. So if the person ran fast, they could probably win, like this.
1. :cps2000: :blazer:
2. :cps2000:

:blazer:
3. :blazer: :soaked:

in step four, pretend that the blazer is backwards.

Adrian

Re: Actual usabilty of water guns

Post by Adrian » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:34 pm

It's the software, not the hardware.

A skilled user with an XP220 is going to give a n00b with a CPS 2000 a headache. A skilled user with a CPS 2000 is going to be practically unstoppable. It's all about knowing your equipment and yourself. We shouldn't be so focused on waterguns winning waterwars, but rather on the people using those waterguns.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Sun

Post by Sun » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:42 pm

Yeah that's exactly my point. But what I'm trying to say here is that maybe even with a cps 2k, a dude wielding a FF can give an experienced user a run for their money( At least in the battles I've seen)

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:40 pm

If you're playing 1HK and in relatively open area, wielding FF's aren't going to get anyone anywhere unless they are very stealthy and fast, since the 2000's range is at least 130% of the FF's. Even in soakfests, the FFer has to get in close to actually saturate the 2000er, which allows him to get a really good full shot into the FF user which is definately not pleasant at that engagement range.

Now... with guns like the 10k, 12k, 21k, etc. they can be pumped up somewhat faster than the 2000 and allow a decent volume of shots to be fired, perfect for 1HK since they also still have great range at the same time. However, they tend to have lower capacities, limiting their usefulness in soakfests.

So overall, each soaker has its own strengths and weaknesses. That said, some soakers don't have much strengths at all and are therefore pretty useless unless its the only thing a person has. I'm talking very low-grade stuff like the Arctic Shock, Helix, etc.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:04 am

Value of a soaker depends upon the type of game you're playing, the level of opponents, and your own skill level. While, in theory, a great Super Soaker XP20 user could give a CPS2000 user a run for their money, if dealing with people of relatively equal skill levels, the advantage of a more powerful/longer range soaker becomes more apparent. Yes, there are many counters to deal with any opponent wielding any particular blaster. However, when dealing with blasters of significantly different power levels, chances are that the more powerful blaster user will soak a significantly less powerful blaster user assuming similar skill levels. *I* could soak you with an eye dropper, but that's besides the point. :goofy:

Of course, in 1HK/1HS games in terrain that offers a lot of cover, range and power advantages of soakers are minimized, leaving differences in user skills the likely determining factor. However, for a soakfest with limited cover, power and range tend to dominate since even good players can only dodge a stream so well.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: