Water Warfare Picture Taking

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Water Warfare Picture Taking

Post by HBWW » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:11 am

Note: Thread split from Summer 2008, Gallery

What'd you do to prevent the camera from getting soaked? Did you use a water proof case? Or did you simply put it in a ziploc bag?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Re: Summer, 2008 Gallery

Post by isoaker » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:28 pm

C-A_99 wrote:What'd you do to prevent the camera from getting soaked? Did you use a water proof case? Or did you simply put it in a ziploc bag?
At other times, a Ziploc bag or careful plastic wrapping can make for a decent waterproof casing. However, in this particular case, no water proof case was just. I simply used my martial art-like skills to avoid streams coming my way (yeah, right :goofy: )! More seriously, I just took care to turn quickly when streams seems to be coming towards my camera. That said, my camera did get some water on it, but I quickly dried it off. As only small caliber water blasters were in use, I didn't have too much fear about having a drenching stream hitting the electronics. If larger water blasters were in use, I would have taken more caution.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Re: Summer, 2008 Gallery

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:43 pm

On the subject of water-resistant cases, I've actually considered making a small case with clear plastic to make taking photos and videos of water wars easier and safer for cameras. Of course, I'd use some sort of optical glass for the part where the lens would go to reduce image distortions. Aside from that this would be a fairly straightforward project. Someone with some free time might want to give this project a try.

isoaker

Re: Water Warfare Picture Taking

Post by isoaker » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:17 pm

Yup, those interested could definitely try making a case. I've also seen a number of specific waterproof cases for a variety of digital cameras these days, but those often aren't too cheap. ...change that statement, Amazon.comseems to see a number of waterproof camera cases for under $30 USD. There are cases above $100, but those are more for diving and would be overkill for a waterfight.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: