What happens...

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
isoaker

What happens...

Post by isoaker » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:26 pm

...when you invite a whole bunch of people (>50) and offer free food, drink, and a whole bunch of pre-filled lil' water blasters during a week of record-high temperatures?

We'll find out Friday... more pics to come assuming the camera survives. :goofy:

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: What happens...

Post by HBWW » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:25 pm

Cardboard boxes packed to the brim with soakers.... Such a familiar sight... =p

As for me, I'll be taking finals tomorrow.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Re: What happens...

Post by isoaker » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:13 pm

iSoakin' Cam Feed:

Recovering after 45 minutes of goofy, silly, yet pure-unbridled-fun squirt-pistol soakin' bliss.

On a perfect weather day for a squirt fight, my workplace Happy Hour has not been quite this *HAPPY* in a long time. Usually, people would come for drinks and food, eat, and leave within 20 mins or so and just chat amongst their local groups. However, put a bunch of simple, pre-loaded water guns into people hands and soakin' mayhem naturally ensues.

Of course, as many of the participants likely haven't handled a water gun for awhile, interest at first was more of curiousity and timidness with people looking at the piles of water guns, some daring to pick one up, but no one making any moves.

Granted, there was pizza and drinks that seemed to first get people's attention as that was what they were used to seeing. I was a little concerned at the reluctance of the group at first, but waited, realizing people were probably hungry (it was after 5pm) and likely wanted to eat something first.

However, after enough people had these pre-loaded water guns in hand, some got itchier trigger fingers and began squirting at friends. Of course, as people run and dodge between others, more get caught up in the cross-fire and, once enough squirting was happening, well, it was a good natured squirt-fest that bloomed!

Some may consider the lil' squirt pistols used as limited in range and power, but for getting the ball rolling, they make for a great way to get many involved in a water fight and also test the group for seeing who would be likely candidates for recruiting into a more intense battle using larger water blasters.

All-in-all, a fun time was had by many. Even got complimented from my boss for helping put together a more fun event at Happy Hour. Also, looks like this may help set a precedent for future water fights during upcoming events throughout the summer and, if so, that'd most definitely accomplish my local goal in getting more people re-finding the joys in the water fight.

I'll eventually push up a page with more pics and thoughts on the day's event.

Sidenote: despite all planning, did have one unfortunately event with one person getting somewhat upset about being squirted by another (poor guy got chewed out about the unprovoked attack). Just served as a reminder not to shoot those who do not wish to participate.

As always, Leave NO one dry!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: