Soaker Seasons

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Gold Hawk

Soaker Seasons

Post by Gold Hawk » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:19 am

How long is your (and/or your team's) soaker "season"?

Ours is from April 1st, to October 1st.

-Gold

isoaker

Re: Soaker Seasons

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:27 am

For me, outdoor soaker season starts whenever the outdoor temperature rises consistently above ~15-20C (60-70F) and ends when it drops below that. As for mini-indoor fights, that goes year round, interest and location willing. :goofy:

For sake of argument, I consider "on-season" for iSoaker.com to be between March 21 (start of Spring) to Sept 21 (start of Fall/Autumn), but that's just to have dates tied to the two equinoxes.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:31 am

Waterbridge had a season from March 1 to October 31. The Ridgewood Militia technically had no off-season. The only limit was it had to be at least 50 degrees outside. We had a skirmish on Shelter Island in December once. We also almost had a full war on the 5th of January last year, the freak day when it was 72.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:08 am

DX wrote:Waterbridge had a season from March 1 to October 31. The Ridgewood Militia technically had no off-season. The only limit was it had to be at least 50 degrees outside. We had a skirmish on Shelter Island in December once. We also almost had a full war on the 5th of January last year, the freak day when it was 72.
Oh, god, I remember that day. My buddies were all in T-shirts and shorts. We were sweating like mad. :soaked:

-Gold
HydroHawks Command CenterNEW REPORT! APARTMENT MASSACRE!

"Missing isn't the worst part. The retaliation is." -Commander Gold Hawk

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." (Be strong, brave the water.) -Motto Of the HydroHawks