Next Assassins Target: YOU

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
DX

Post by DX » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:43 pm

Ok so I am in a college assassins game starting in about 30 minutes and lasting until 4 PM tomorrow afternoon. There's only one round and about 22 players. At this point, I'm looking to actually get a kill and not go out the first round. I'm representing my whole dorm, so the stakes are different than if it were just me playing for myself. I've never actually played a solo version of assassins, so this should be interesting. They're giving us the water guns [crappy dollar store pistols I think], so I can't use the CPS 3000 under my bed. :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:48 pm

I've always wanted to do something like this, but have been unable as I'm not in college and don't drive. My armory would make for some pretty interesting attacks...

DX

Post by DX » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:14 am

Ok, I got shot outside the front door of my dorm [emptied the rest of my gun on my roommate for suggesting that the front door was safe at 1 in the morning]. I KNEW that we should have gone out one of the 3 side doors or 2 back doors. Then again, the guy who had me had a billion people trying to find me. The other good thing is that he didn't just nail me, I'm not that easy. I heard his approach and got to fire back before conceding [in assassins, if someone gets a great ambush on you, it is common courtesy to give them the kill even if you are able to fire back and get a "both shot at the same time" thing].

I only got one kill myself, but it was an excellent shot point-blank in the chest. The guy was watching the next floor hockey round [my team lost our own floor hockey match by one goal] and didn't see me coming until it was waaayyyy too late. Never got a chance to think about pulling his gun.

The odd thing about my death was that I was the target of the very guy I was supposed to go for. This means one of the organizers screwed up the papers and caused a closed loop. Now the guy who got me has no target and no one has him. There must be another closed loop as a result of that, so the organizers are going to have a rough morning indeed.

But I died...damn. I don't like getting shot. :goofy:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:20 am

Duxburian assassinated?! Early in the game? I'm shocked. :goofy:

Then again, perhaps you're not as accustomed to urban fighting and/or your sixth sense got distracted . :;):

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:40 pm

I walked out the front door at the wrong time. You would have died too. :p And at least I heard it coming unlike the guy I shot earlier. :laugh:

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:51 pm

Excuses, excuses...
walking normally through a door; pfft!
Let's hope you think ahead next time-
I expect better from you, Duxburian!

DX

Post by DX » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:08 pm

Of course if they hadn't of screwed up the card order, I might not have been coming out of my building at all. I should not have had him as a target, since he already had me as a target. Had I been going after the right person in a working sequence, my contacts might have known them and I wouldn't have gone into the dorm to facebook snoop. Lots of what-ifs. :oo:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:28 pm

I played a game of assassins a few weeks ago. I was killed about a week in. Of course, we played with socks instead of toy guns, so it was a little different.

:goofy:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:18 pm

You would have died too. :p

That is more than likely true, but that's STILL beside the point! :goofy: Sounds like a lot of fun, nevertheless. However, can't do stuff like that where I work; last thing I'd want is someone to be dodging an attack and spilling some bacterial culture or nasty chemicals in the process. I'll have to be content with the rare, but possible, random water fight when the weather is warmer.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: