Summer's Final Battle - One last Hurrah!

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:39 pm

Of course, I intend to battle as late in the season as I can find people to join me, however tonight marks the final battle of summer for me. Yes, summer does continue 'til September 21, I think, however as school starts on thursday, this will be the last of the real summer battles. It saddens me that this time of year has to come, but it does seem to happen every year, and something tells me that it will continue to, so I'm guessing there's not much that I can do about it. The battle will probably take place at around ten or eleven o'clock tonight, as soon as it is completely dark outside. Most likely, there will be only two or three participants. It is unclear what the loadout will be in terms of weapons at this time, but I will be sure to update this thread with those, as well as general battle notes, after the battle. Ehh, well, I'll do that sometime tonight or early tomorrow morning.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:35 pm

The fight was nice. It took place in my yard, which is relatively large. There is much arborage, etc.
I was armed with my Cps 2500, and my friend, the other combatant, had the Cps 1000. We were pretty evenly matched, it was a lot of fun!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:56 am

Sounds like it was a lot of fun! Too bad summer seems to have raced by all too quickly. Night battles are a great thrill, for sure, though I've only had a couple of those.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:43 pm

They're the best for me, I cannot match the intensity of night fights with anything in the day, thus most of ours are at night. The element of surprise is much easier and more rewarding at night, I have achieved close ranged kills with just about every Cps gun, less than three meters even, simply because I can camoflage well at night. Daytime, I am just not as excited in general.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:46 pm

There is something special about night battles. The 2006 RM Classic still ranks among my favorite wars, even though only one kill was made in the entire war. Artillery duels at night are simply amazing, as are ambushes. It is exciting having to sense your enemy rather than see them. Unfortunately, it is getting cooler at night these days. Now personally, I'd still fight in the negatives, but cold kinda ruins the fun for just about everyone else. :goofy:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers