Interesting Tutorial - 'Instructibles'

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:31 am

'Instructibles' seems like an interesting and helpful website, although the fact that anyone can make submissions does seem to make reliability questionable. This link is to an interesting 'K-Mod' tutorial. Definitely not the best way to do a power mod to a soaker, but the fact that there's a comprehensive guide online is always a good thing.

Check it out everyone, if you know what you're doing, maybe make a submission, preferably of higher quality than the aforementioned one.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:01 am

Interesting site, though odd that someone calls it a "K-mod", then proceeds to use rubber bands instead of balloons. I prefer the guides and threads at SSCentral. Neat find, though.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:31 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Interesting site, though odd that someone calls it a "K-mod", then proceeds to use rubber bands instead of balloons. I prefer the guides and threads at SSCentral. Neat find, though.

:cool:
Exactly my thoughts. Rubber bands won't work nearly as well.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:29 am

There were people who banded Nerf guns which used a Cylinderical CPS rubber bladder to build up air pressure in it, however this supposedly decreased the lifetime of the gun. You could probably do the same to a Cylinderical CPS gun like the 2500, 4100 etc, but I'm guessing it would probably do the same thing.

I think that rubber bands may also put more stress on the spherical bladder like shown in the guide mentioned in this thread, decreasing the guns lifetime as more force is probably being put on the bladder. That person should have used balloons for a better result. Because of the shape of the bladder too some of the bands may actually start wearing off perhaps.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:13 pm

Also somewhat interesting, IMO, is that he happened to choose the 1-3-5 to "k-mod". I have a k-modded one of those, however I'm not your typical user, I'm surprised that someone else would pick that one.