Tracking Team Battles - ^

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:52 am

One thing I've always wanted to do is to try to keep a record of various local water wars throughout the world. I'd even consider setting up pages to record various team stats, games played, win/loss records, etc.

However, to even begin this, it would be impossible without getting general information from water war participants. Additionally, if a pseudo-ranking system were to be set, I would prefer to have at least one representative from participating teams to confirm wins or losses. The end product would be a listing of team stats for water warfare teams in different regions of the globe. Game type played, win/loss, number of participants, date played, town/city/state/area, etc. would be recorded for others to see.

Interest aside, how many members here would be willing to help submit their local team battle reports for 2007? I'd want at least 3-5 regions being recorded to make tracking worthwhile. Specific details on what sort of information would be needed can be worked out if there is enough interest.

If there is a lot of interest, more detailed rules would be created for how water war battle stats should be recorded.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mutuhaha

Post by mutuhaha » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:29 am

I wouldn't mind writing up for over here, though reports probably won't be released very soon after the actual battle, due to constraints of time, but I'll do my best.
118th Urban Corp

Adeptus Exterminatus Extremis, Noobis Exitus Proxima

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:57 am

See other post. [WWc]
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:53 pm

I would definetly submit battle reports and/or scores. The only problem is that my team fights itself. I suppose I could just submit something like this:

S.W.A.T, CA, March 31, Fist Sized Blast OHS, 1:00 to 4:00/
Team 1- 3pts, Team 2-5pts. Would that work?

Edited By forestfighter7 on 1174607885
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:19 pm

Fighting yourself is not a problem. Waterbridge's most detailed reports came from when they fought themselves in 2002-most of 2004.

You'd probably want to add a little more, such as a brief description of the battlefield used, weapons involved, number of players, and the such.

As posted at WWc, I propose a sharing of battle report information, as I have been planning a special project at SM using combined wars data.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:12 pm

@forestfighter7: the mini-report you gave is fine, but more detail could also be included if you had the time. Having combat amongst your own team would definitely be fine as it is a means of training, too.

For the rough tracking concept I had in mind, it'd start off simple with stats on numbers of participants, date and duration, game type and scoring if applicable, rough location, and team(s) involved. Additional information like soakers or battlefield descriptions would be great to have, but not necessary. Pics of battles would also be great to have, but also not necessary. My thought was to just post team battle info along side the various Registry info on iSoaker.com, perhaps together with a world map to show off active regions.

I guess, in the end, there would be a minimum amount of information expected, but any more detail would be welcome, too. In terms of sharing of info, the more that can be shared, the better. I'd happily provide crosslinking with any other site that sets up a similar section.

Granted, currently, not sure how well used such a section would be. That's why I posed this thread in the first place; to gauge general interest.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: