Arms Race and a New Season

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
DX

Post by DX » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:03 pm

Things are heating up quickly here in Ridgewood. We officially open our season on Friday, March 31st, but things are swinging into high gear already. Both Waterbridge and the Ridgewood Militia have added a new member, and have already started talking war. This year will be like no other, as we have apparently shifted from hardcore to diehard. There has been talk of an arms race as Waterbridge looks for a response to the Douchenators. We may have the first full-fledged artillery duel in Soaking History! [Although the RM has a giant head start] :p

Not to mention the building of trenches and forts designed to withstand artillery bombardment. And since we can make silencers for the launchers, soaring death will not be noticed until it crashes through the trees. In fact, the launchers shrink the size of the parks since they open up new opportunities from hundreds of feet away.

A year of new members, new tactics, new tech, and more than double the fun. We could possibly have among the highest caliber wars in the nation this year!
:cps2000: :cps2500:

Edited By Duxburian on 1142277444
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:16 pm

Sounds awesome! I look forward to future tales, pics, and reports on various training missions and battles.

I'll be trying to have a few more organized water fights this summer, but they'd likely be paling in comparison to what you guys do with trenches, forts, and all. Yup, I'm envious!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:01 pm

I guess that means that there should be alot more stories in the war stories section this year. I look forward to them. I've already read about all the war stories in the fan section and now I'm having to read them over again. So, i'm anxious for many more to come soon.:)

tech23

Post by tech23 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:00 pm

Nice. I look forward to the stories.

By the looks of the current situation in my area (Edmond Oklahoma), there might be a few wars this season. But if it starts going like last year, it might become an all-out war. The thing is, it's hard to tell because we don't just use waterguns here. It's anything that's non-leathal and legal. Things like waterguns, airsoft, nerf, and a bunch of homemade weaponry that fires all sorts of things.

And we might get some transport this season. (I'm working on a hovercraft) :p

DX

Post by DX » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:53 pm

Wow, this first battle is going to be EPIC! The Militia's membership has sky-rocketed from 11 to over 20 in just a single week's time! Waterbridge has taken similar growth and a 3rd team has also formed. Forget the old 4v4s, we could easily have over 10v10, or 15v15. Arming so many people is a stretch, even with our huge arsenal. One of my friends is buying parts for another Douchenator at this very moment, Waterbridge is fortifying key positions tomorrow, and we are having a practice battle tomorrow. Expect an amazing war story come the 31st. :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:27 am

I love arms races...Mom wonders why I buy so many water guns...:p
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

DX

Post by DX » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:50 pm

A reflection on the season:
A year of new members, new tactics, new tech, and more than double the fun. We could possibly have among the highest caliber wars in the nation this year!

Well, those things certainly happened! Our membership started out at 11, rose to a high of 23, and then settled at 19. As far as tactics go, this was the year of Tactical Theory; the new idea which revolutionized the way wars are fought in Ridgewood. Our new tech was limited, as heavy k-modding, large homemades, and large WBLs fell out of favor. Tactical Theory carried the RM to 7 victories and 1 tie [out of 8 wars], despite a major slide in our traditional tech and numbers advantages. Our best record ever cemented tactical superiority over firepower once and for all in the Fluid Stage.

We may have the first full-fledged artillery duel in Soaking History! [Although the RM has a giant head start]. Not to mention the building of trenches and forts designed to withstand artillery bombardment.

These, however, did not happen. Nobody could have predicted that Tactical Theory would be created this season, and nobody could have predicted the impact that this single idea would have. Artillery saw nearly no action after the first battle. This was mainly due to lack of sufficient numbers, but even still, single-shot launchers quickly became impractical. For the first time ever, the RM made full use of the reed groves and fringes. All forts were abandoned, though we hung on to positions like Ivy Hill and High Point until later in the season. The only time I was actually killed was in a defense of High Point's weak side. And then came the embarressing 3-and-out on Ivy Hill, the death blow to continued use of such positions. Once skillful defenses of traditional strong positions were blown away not by firepower, but by new tactics and combos never seen before.

This season saw the stalling methods of the Swinging Pendulum Defense, the deadly Staggered Split Ambush [which may be the most effective ambush of all time], the hated Sprinters' Ambush and Troll Ambush, the rise of trick tactics, and the refinement of the most effective battle strategy of all time, THE Outnumbered Defense.

There were also many legendary moments, such as the Perfect Ambush, Duxburian's Miracle at the Grove St Bridge, Hannibal's Pwnage at the Spring St Bridge, the Thorn Bush Pwnage of Logan, the Ivy Hill 3-and-out, the Goffle 3-and-out, Nick's Accidental Suicide, Nick's Great Jump, Nibordude's Fall in Poo, Nibordude's Takedown of Guderian in the reeds, Nibordude's Rampage at the Dam, Cliff's 1/2 Mile Chase, the 30 Second Taking of Ivy Hill, the Three Toasts to Waterbridge, and the RM's 7-0 shutout of Waterbridge on the 11th of June.

So this was our most successful season to date. I have a feeling however, that the shortened 2007 season could surpass 2006 if we can get our act together and take advantage of time.

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:30 pm

Good job! :D It looks like you had a great season this year. The use of tactical theory in water wars is definetly a good thing to happen in a season. My team did quite well this season too, although some of our most seasoned members quit (urbanfighter7) we gained new members.
To succsesful seasons :D !
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:21 pm

Now wait a minuet, you've been so pessimistic about this year and the future. Yet here you said that this was actually one of the best years of all time for you and that next year might be even better.
Please explain.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:39 pm

Wow, sounds like a lot of fun.

My armory expansion is currently being delayed by limited funding, school, nerf, computer stuff, and eventually will be by the Nintendo Wii. However, I still have plans toget more recruits for the summer wars, and I will use whatever spare time I have to make repairs and perhaps work on homemades.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:37 pm

Now wait a minuet, you've been so pessimistic about this year and the future. Yet here you said that this was actually one of the best years of all time for you and that next year might be even better.
Please explain.

When have I ever said that this year was bad? This was indeed our best year to date! Next year's shortened season could be better, but only if we make the most of the limited time we have [March-June]. And from there you know the rest...