Recruting people, and training

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Newb

Post by Newb » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:41 pm

Hey wasup does any one have any ideas on how I can recruit some people, and train them in time for the summer? Some people are not into water guns that much.

By the way does ne one live in seattle?

Thanks!

DX

Post by DX » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:17 pm

In water wars, I have found that people learn best by doing. Stage intra-team skirmishes and teach as you go along. Actual battle experience is the best training. The Ridgewood Militia actually puts our new members directly into wars, since they learn quickly and become more efficient faster that way.

For recruiting, tech achievements draw high interest. A high caliber arsenal also installs pride in a team and changes the way potential members might see "squirt gun fights."

Of course, all this depends on age, and the type of people in your area [some regions/towns have a lot of people hostile to water wars, ask Jadefalcon].
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:43 pm

Duxburian wrote:In water wars, I have found that people learn best by doing. Stage intra-team skirmishes and teach as you go along. Actual battle experience is the best training. The Ridgewood Militia actually puts our new members directly into wars, since they learn quickly and become more efficient faster that way.

For recruiting, tech achievements draw high interest. A high caliber arsenal also installs pride in a team and changes the way potential members might see "squirt gun fights."

Of course, all this depends on age, and the type of people in your area [some regions/towns have a lot of people hostile to water wars, ask Jadefalcon].
I'm just interested in running a few soaker wars this summer, forget training, though I do agree that actual combat is by far the best trainer. I have some friends with soakers, but need to get past their busy schedule and the fact that they are teens.

Hostile to water wars? Who and why? Let's just ban all soakers, they're weapons of mass destruction, huh? I don't understand. Are these the people who don't like them because they happen to be in the "gun" form rather than, say, the "box" form? And what is Jadefalcon's story? :suspicious:
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

DX

Post by DX » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:48 pm

Some people belittle us for "playing" with "toys." Powerful stuff like the Douchenator can shut them up, but it can get to be a problem if you are on the older side, like Jade was. In this town, acceptance is very high, but I can't say the same for some others.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:41 pm

Unless you're in some kind of league playing for money (highly unlikely), or one of the few remaining hardcore battalions like Dux and friends (unlikely), training isn't important. Just find the people, then get outside and play.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:43 pm

Cooldood31 pretty much summed it up for me. Training isn't important, and most times you don't even have to recruit people, unless you want to screen out undesirables (I seem to remember someone here had a problem with troublemakers who wouldn't follow the rules). Just ask people, usually your friends.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Mr. Budgie

Post by Mr. Budgie » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:43 pm

I hate to plug, but Aqua-Zone has a training guide in the Strategy and Tips section.
Mr. Budgie....
Aquatica Administration
HyrdoSphre Founder
WaterWar.net Admin
iSoaker Forums Mod
AQUA-ZONE WEBMASTER

DX

Post by DX » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:06 pm

(I seem to remember someone here had a problem with troublemakers who wouldn't follow the rules)

It was Nick [Belisaurius] over a fight that broke out over leadership. Our team has never had those kinds of problems, because we draw from good friends who often know everyone else on the team as well. We also "train" by feeding new people directly into battle, the best method for gaining experience.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:23 am

My site Donwpour also has an article about the recruitment of team members and how to organize your team.

Downpour Article
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:31 pm

Ugh.... :(

My friend from an opposing team and I tried during summer of 2005 to train a bunch of people so that I could form a team of my own. I'll just say.... well... it didn't go exactly as planned. At all. :oo: I'm hoping to start training early this year, though. I was walking with some friends and we found this awesome place behind my house that will serve as a great training grounds. We have good hopes for this season! ^_^ :bm2700:
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca