Extreme Ear Washing - don't try this at home

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:29 pm

Having a hearing test tomorrow and considerable wax buildup, I figured it might be time to really clean out my ears. First, I tried some over-the-counter goop that seemed to plug me up more than I was with which to start. What I really needed was a syringe to flush out everything. I was in the process of looking for one when it dawned on me to simply use a Super Soaker. Hmm.

For safety's sake the gun would have to be small. We keep an XP-215 in the tub, so I tried it first. I filled it with very warm water, pumped it up, shoved the barrel in my ear and gave it a shot, so to speak. The small stream and short shot duration resulted in no success. Next on the list was a Triple Charge. Now this baby was perfect. I had both my ears cleaned completely in a few minutes. It looked somewhat like this, only I was holding the gun to my head:

:bm1000:

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:44 pm

That, was really really gross. But funny as hell. Never thought to use soakers like that. You find a new use every day. :goofy:
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:46 pm

Finally, a use for the Triple Charge? :p
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:42 pm

Spinner wrote:Finally, a use for the Triple Charge? :p

Maybe. Reflecting back on the experience, my SC600 probably would have worked better. I will try it, as the doc indicated that significant buildup remained in my left ear. If that doesn't work there's always the reliable 2700.

:bm2700: :oo: eh? EH?

EDIT: The SC600 worked like a charm. Stream pressure and size was right on. As expected, duration was much better than that of the Triple Charge. The left ear was flushed in less than a minute.

Edited By Aquarius on 1122591537

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:19 am

Using soakers to flush ears is risky for those not taking care. I would definitely NOTrecommend using anything larger than an SC600 (that already seems like overkill for flushing at any rate). Bigger is more likely going to push in too much water with enough force to do damage on internal soft tissues, notably ear drums. While I don't believe any members here would go shoving a high powered soaker in their ear, one never knows about others who may occassionally visit the site and get the wrong impression.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: