Soaking Alternatives - Which is your favo(u)rite?

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.

Soaking Alternatives - Which is your favo(u)rite?

Nerf
20%
Lazor stuffs
10%
Paintball
25%
Airsoft
15%
Something else
30%

Total votes: 20

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:32 pm

I couldn't decide if this should go in the Off-Topic or General, so I put it here anyway. iSc, move away if you so desire.
Anyway, my favorite is Airsoft. They're most similar to real guns. And paintball costs too much.

Edit: Type good.

Edited By Soakologist on 1102621097

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:38 pm

Couldn't tell from the tite, but from the poll, this thread should be in off-topic since it's about doing something other than using soakers. OTHER THAN SOAKERS?!?! That's crAzY!

:goofy:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

RAK

Post by RAK » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:38 pm

i put paintball. one because i'm biased towards it since it's the only option i've actually tried before. and two because it's NOT the closest thing to real guns. as opposed to cloud's opinion that the closer it is to real guns the better it is. if i wanted something like a real gun... i'd buy a real friggen gun. since i want to keep the gap wide i like to go with paintballs. it doesnt hurt after you get used to it, it's fun like any other shooting sport, and it ISNT very expensive. you can buy guns for under $100. if you want to get the A5 with upgrades and expansions, you're going to pay well over $500. assuming that the average player doesnt own the #1 gun out there, it's safe to say it's a fairly inexpensive hobby. it doesnt beat the cost of soaking which is just pennies for water, plus the gun, but in my book it's the best alternative.

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:37 pm

Paintball is a great alternative! Heck all of them in there, except real firearms, are great alternatives to soakers. In my book it is airsoft. It improves my aim and handling with replica firearms. While I dont get the thrill of Airsoft combat because of the area I live in, I do shoot targets often. I thibk its great, and it really kills time when I am bored. In fact our whole squad like airsoft for targeting practice.
_

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:19 pm

I put paintball, although I really like Nerf. (mostly because it has a funny name):D :laugh:

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:54 am

I chose Nerf. I'm trying to get a battle organised over here at the moment.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:04 pm

I'm mainly a nerfer (though my nerf arsenal is smaller than my soaker one), but I like paintball and right now I'm getting into it, I have my eye on a certain kit and I'm saving up for it.

YAY WINTER SOAKING ALTERNATIVES!

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:31 pm

That's a toughie, I say kayacking/canoeing/water-skiing. I picked paintball off the list however.
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:42 pm

I voted other. I hang out online.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:03 pm

Clay pigeon shooting! Shotguns! That's what I do.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:11 pm

I blow things to bits with my pneumatic potato gun. :goofy:
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!