Role-Play Thread

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:59 am

AGAIN, no flying vehicles; the small municipal airport is just supposed to make for a cool battlefield.

(sarcasm) Then I've teleported myself from SG with my super psychic powers! (end sarcasm)

???
Iain'tgonnamissmy2ndchanceattheCPS2000... :D

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:46 am

oh, no. I'm not giving up yet. If you would kindly inform me of what country has ruling over these islands, I will be glad to look up it's restrictions regarding ultralight vehicles. I believe, however, that it would be part of the united states, as the people speak english and use american currency. And as for your little airport, I could care less; my ultralight doesn't need one.

If you feel that it is necessarry to be unrealistic in this situation, what's keeping me from jumping fifty feet in the air? The fact that you are bending reality only to hinder my experience in this role play just exemplifies your selfishness and desire for complete control in a thread you merely started. If you wish to oppress my creativity and enjoyable experience in your roleplay, I will gladly start a new one, and I believe many others feel the same way and would leave just as quickly. You have an excellent map and battlefield set up, however, so it would not be in my best interest to abandon it. It's really your decision now whether you wish to keep me or boot the one who brought the concept to these forums in the first place.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:56 am

I really can't see what's wrong with him having an ultralight if he wants to...remember, the role-play is fantasy after all. :)
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:00 am

That's not the point, but yes, I agree. the point I am trying to get across is that it would be realistic. and thank you, at least everyone else agrees with me.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:50 am

I think an ultralight isn't all that unrelistic, not that it matters much.

Edited By cooldood31 on 1091890314

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:37 am

Erm...guys?

Let's get back to the RP...

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:16 pm

good idea. leprekan, getting bored with everyone's discussion about who is on who's team, went back into the hotel and waited for any new visitors.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:06 pm

The battlefield islands are within the boundaries of Cloudtopia, where piloting aircraft is against their constitution and the declaration of no-flying-crap.

comandante

Post by comandante » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:20 pm

Comandante was bored, he had been standing in the lobby for about 7 minutes. "So when to we leave? Are we going to use this place as a base?" asked Comandante impatiently which was strange to his manner but he hadn't been in a full-scale water war for a while now so he was eager.
-Comandante

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:10 pm

Razor Responded: "I have a cabin in the middle of a forest down in one of the southern islands. That's my home turf. We could set up a base there."

Edited By Space_Cowboy on 1092103855
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:24 pm

Veteran wrote:The battlefield islands are within the boundaries of Cloudtopia, where piloting aircraft is against their constitution and the declaration of no-flying-crap.
There's an airport, and how exactly did bunny2002sg get here if he didn't fly? Besides, if I had no ultralight there would be no plotline whatsoever as of yet, seeing as that is how I happened to gather people to start the war in the first place. If this 'no plane' nonsense persists for the remainder of this rp, I shall be forced to leave.

(btw, were you being serious, or was that mockery of cloud? If the latter, then the above statements are recalled. :D )

comandante

Post by comandante » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:34 pm

"Sound's good but how are all of us going to get there isn't that island about 4 miles away? Also where would be the initial battlefield and how far is your cabin from there?" Comandante pondered his many questions.
-Comandante

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:08 am

"If I know Belisaurius, he'll probably have heard about this and will be around somewhere. He's got good troops, we should fine him to try and make an alliance with him and the CFM," said Spinner, "How about Razor, Cloud, and most of the other troops go to his cabin and fortify that area, while Leprekan and I search for Waterbridge? We should be able to find them easily enough."
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:04 am

After he unpacked all his stuff, Ed went down to the hotel carpark, carrying with him his helmet and keys. The Honda engine growled to life again, its carbuettor rattling noisily... wait, rattling?

'Dammit. Don't those nutters at the airport know how to handle a bike?!' Ed thought angrily as he bent down to inspect the damage. Sure enough, the bolts holding the carb in place were loose.

'Those won't last very long, gotta get replacements...'

Ed screwed down the bolts and went to ask the check-in guy if there were any shops selling auto parts.

'Well, yeah, there's one in the marina, but you've gotta take a boat there.' The guy said.

'Ok. Where do I find a boat?'

'Weeeell, that's the problem. You've gotta find one your- hey, watcha doing?! Leggo of me!'

Feeling impatient (and this didn't improve his mood), Ed had reached out and literally picked up the guy with his t-shirt.

'Ok, ok!! Cool it! I'll help you find one! I know someone who owns a boat, just lemme go!'

Ed let go, the guy slumping back into his chair. 'Who?'

'Gimme a sec.' he picked up the phone and rang up someone. 'Hey Razor, care to do me a favor?'

'Sure, what's up?' The guy named Razor said.

'One of the hotel guests need a lift to the marina. Your boat free?'

'Got some stuff in her, but nothing I can't clear out for a while. Tell the guy to meet me at the hotel lobby.'

'Actually, he's at the lobby.'

'Be seeing ya then.'

'Ok.' the guy put the phone down. 'Razor'll be here in a couple of minutes.' he said to Ed.

'Make that a couple of seconds, Bob.' someone said behind Ed.

Ed turned around, and...

'You!?' Ed and Razor said at the same time.

(not part of RP) Razor, please continue from here. :D

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:40 pm

"Come on. Let's go." Said Razor. "The boats at the dock. My boat's not too big, but it's fast, and it'll hold a bike. Nice bike by the way."
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:05 pm

Spinner wrote:"while Leprekan and I search for Waterbridge?"
"Sounds good to me, but what is this 'waterbridge' you speak of?" leprekan replied. "It would be nice to know what I'm looking for. Ever flown in an ultralight? This one doesn't take to turbulence well, so expect a bumpy ride." He continued. "If you have an aversion to flying, as many around here do, ( :oo: ) I will be glad to take a boat. 55 knots is a lot faster than you could go on water, however..." :cool:

comandante

Post by comandante » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:32 pm

Wait so are we already at the island base or is Razor just going to leave us to wait for him?
-Comandante

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:44 pm

There are boats which teams can rent, BTW.... :;):

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:37 pm

Space_Cowboy wrote:"Come on. Let's go." Said Razor. "The boats at the dock. My boat's not too big, but it's fast, and it'll hold a bike. Nice bike by the way."

'The powerplant's a Honda 200cc 4-stroke, but I've haven't figured out how to get rid of the speed limiter.' Ed said in reply as the duo mounted the bike.

The engine growled to life once again, and they were soon on their way.

'So where do I turn off to reach the dock?' Ed yelled to Razor over the wind noise. Razor told him, and added, 'Watch out
for the dogs!'

'Dogs?'

'One huge pack, all screwed up in their minds! Locals say they live for blood!'

'So why the heck d'you dock your boat there?'

'There aren't any other docks on the West Island!'

Ed swore under his breath. If only his girl (he calls his bike a girl) didn't come with that stupid speed limiter. 'I dunno if I'll be able to outrun them, the dumb limiter won't lemme do more than 30!'

'That should be fast enough...I think!' Razor replied.

'Ok, I'll take your word for that. We're here, BTW.'

------------------------------------------------------------

One of the canines awoke from its slumber. It thought it heard something.

One bark from that dog was enough to awake the rest.

The din that followed was unbearable. Seeing no one around but themselves, they started attacking each other.

And they saw the bike. Red bike.

Driven by bloodlust, the pack charged towards the bike.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ed frowned in concentration, wind whipping the folds of his jacket. 'Time to play James Bond...' he thought, grinning to himself.

'Hey wait, you're gonna charge them?! Nonononodon'tdoit-ARRGHHH!!'

The Honda hit an inclined plank, sending itself into the air. Guided partly by instinct, partly by experience, he controlled the bike expertly when it landed on the other side of the now-confused pack.

'Which one's your boat!?' he yelled to Razor.

'The blue one, there!'

Ed slid to a stop beside the boat and hastily pushed the bike in while Razor yanked the start-up cord on the Yamaha engine.

'C'mon, c'mon, start up-yes!'

The boat glided off while the dogs watched, barking in anger.

The duo collapsed on a bench, panting from the trill and effort. 'Well, we can't say that wasn't a send-off party.' Razor said sarcarstically in-between pants.

Ed just rolled his eyes.

Edited By bunny2002sg on 1092188385

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:11 pm

Duxburian came out of the hotel, looking for a team to hook up with. It was then that he spotted Spinner and Leprekan getting into a nearby boat. Duxburian came up to them and asked, "Hey, do you want to join forces? I've got 10 members of the CFM dug in on another Island and I'm looking for a team to add the manpower to." He then waited for Spinner [or Leprekan's] reply........
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers