Role-Play Thread

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
leprekan

Post by leprekan » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:31 pm

sure, i guess. as long as you don't get hit by a car. however....
(a) No person may operate any ultralight vehicle in a manner that creates a hazard to other persons or property.

(b) No person may allow an object to be dropped from an ultralight vehicle if such action creates a hazard to other persons or property.

this obviously does not include water weapons that are used in a safe manner. shooting a blaster is highly inaccurate, but water ballons can be easier. Just try and argue now, soakologist! :suspicious:

edit:100th post in this thread!!!! muhahaha!!!

Edited By leprekan on 1091749707

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:44 pm

You know, the ultralight could be useful in base attacks. Arm it with a WWMD, fly low and fast, and drop it into their base...

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:14 pm

"It's great for softening up the enemy defences, but you couldn't do any real damage with it. You still need ground infiltration to get the job done." said razor. "That's where I come in."

Edited By Space_Cowboy on 1091758543
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:40 am

As Ed parked his bike, he saw a lot of people arguing about something.

'... They don't look too happy...best to arm myself just in case.'

He whipped out his CPS 1000 from his luggage and opened the hotel door.

'Wonder what team are they on?'

Suddenly...

'Who's that!?'

Water (and balloons filled with something else) came from the group, but he skillfully dodged all the shots while counter-firing at them.

'Wait-stop firing, guys!'

The firing stopped.

One of them stepped forward to Ed, blaster raised. 'Who are you?'

'You can call me Ed. I've heard of a water war back in SG and decided to come here.' Ed maintained eye contact with the guy.

'Would you like to join us?' the guy said.

'.... I'll consider it.'

Ed left the group alone and walked up to the Check-in counter. 'Which room's free?'

'Room 86's available.' said the check-in guy, who a bit shocked of seeing someone half-glaring at him.

'Thank you.' The check-in guy tossed the room key to Ed, who dragged his luggage to the lift.

Edit: Added Trekkie's balloons.

Edited By bunny2002sg on 1091810070
Iain'tgonnamissmy2ndchanceattheCPS2000... :D

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:00 am

"I don't like the look of him," muttered Spinner, "He doesn't look like the kind of person that would be good on a team. At any rate, don't put him on our platoon. Speaking of which, who's on it at the moment?"
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:51 am

"So can I join or not?" C.D. asked. He was quite anoid that no one had payed any attention to him.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:18 am

"Of course you can, you can be on our platoon," replied Spinner.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:21 am

Just FYI,

1. The slime is contained inside of a water balloon.
2. It's more of a beige than a green.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:35 am

^Ok, changed my post. :D
Iain'tgonnamissmy2ndchanceattheCPS2000... :D

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:26 pm

trekkie00 wrote:You know, the ultralight could be useful in base attacks. Arm it with a WWMD, fly low and fast, and drop it into their base...
And how much do these cost?

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:59 pm

So, at the moment, the platoons are like this:

Cloud and Spinner

Exodus
C.D.
Comandante

Razor and Veteran

Leprekan
Trekkie
Storm

Did I forget anybody?

Edited By Spinner on 1091825737

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:45 pm

If Lep has an Ultralight then I get an Ornithopter.

comandante

Post by comandante » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:19 pm

Can I still join the story hasn't really developed much yet. Plus I was in the old forum and I was on a vacation with no computer. If I can join then:

Name: Comandante
Height: 5' 6''
Weight: 150lbs.
Appearance: Shoulder legnth dark brown hair, covered by a black military style berret with a golden star pinned to the middle. Grey shirt with a picture of his hero Che Guevara. Green nylon shorts. Beige ancle height vans. Black rectangular glasses. Peach fuzz sticks out of his chin barely noticable.
Weapons: Monster 01 painted camo and XP 270
Other Items: backpack, 2 2.5 liter bottles of water, a few water balloons, a pocket knife, walkie talkie, and a flashlight.
Personality: Follows orders easily not too quick to challenge authority. Laughs at almost anything only serious when completely necessary. Always humming some Jimi Hendrix song. When angered starts rapidly swearing in Spanish. Through his research of his hero he has learnd many guerilla tactics.

Comandante lay lazily his head resting on a log an his backpack at his side both his weapons lied close to him. His left hand finger twitched at the trigger of his Xp 270. His berret lay covering his face, a straw stuck in his mouth. Comandante decided to get up and fix himself up and get ready to get moving when he noticed a banner waving behind some flying contraption. He smiled "Finally some action," he headed towards the hotel which was clearly visable from his position.

When comandante arrived at the hotel he found some people conversing in the hotel lobby, he recognised one of them as Veteran. "Hey Veteran," he shouted to him.

Veteran recognised him too "Comandante? You here for the Water War?"

"Yeah, you have room for one more?" Comandante asked with that grin which seemed to never leave his face.

Edited By comandante on 1092107272
-Comandante

Belisaurius
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Belisaurius » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:50 pm

"Schisse.... I'm late again...." Belisaurius stepped off the ferry and began running toward the meeting place, where the whole water war was supposed to begin. As always, he had an XP 270 along with some crummy EES in case someone needed an extra. A towel, spare clothes, water for drinking, a pocket knife, pencils/pens, a tarp, some rope, a sleeping bag (water-resistant) , a folder containing a copy of the Strategikon ("A general should not have to say, 'I did not expect it.' ") and Waterbridge Administration stuff, a notebook, a camera, some tylenol, a few bandaids, a swimsuit, a first aid guide, and a rather confusing map were all crammed into a backpack of blue/black coloration.
He started off for the main part of the island....

Name: Nick, but anyone not in Waterbridge would know me as Beli.
Appearance: 5'8" or so.... Brown hair i think... no fashion sense!!
additional data: Reasonably good at leading people, occassionaly goes berserk allowing for hightened mental levels at the cost of senses. Can understand new concepts quickly although it may take some time to apply any new information. Bad aim! sometimes says stuff in non-english languages although that's usually for the better. can get depressed if he feels un-needed or in the way. becomes very defiant when captured, would rather go down fighting than surrender. very big on ethics. has an intense personal moral code. not very aggressive. would rather defend than attack. if i get too little sleep or food i start loosing mental focus, but i won't consider it an issue if i miss a day or 2 of sleep or food. after boyscout camp, very careful about hypothermia and sun burn. he can do what needs to bve done regardless of what is up in his life, or at least he will try to his fullest extent. usually tries to do his best and be nice and listen etc. Is very good at managing a crisis.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:54 pm

I forgot Storm and I'll add Comandante. See previous post for edits.

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:31 pm

Veteran wrote:If Lep has an Ultralight then I get an Ornithopter.

Made the ultralight myself from pvc and nylon for the wings. if you can find (or create) designs for an ornithopter that won't cost more than you are supposed to have in the rp, go ahead. i do'nt recommend it, however, as they are quite complicated and require a lot of manpower and stamina to run. as for a post you had a while back, they are actually developing a twin rotor helicopter that runs as easy as a motorcycle (it has the handlebars of a bike to steer) and is under the 254 lb. limit for ultralights. it can be found in a popular science issue, august 2002. not sure if it ever succeeded, though...

and remember, being crafty and liking high places is an important part of my character's persona. if it does not fit your character, then do not have said ornithopter.

Edited By leprekan on 1091883432

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:48 pm

Wait, you made it? I don't want to even think about that...
Commandante's on my team. I'll be fine with a motor scooter and canoe.

Edited By Veteran on 1091829045

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:12 pm

leprekan wrote:sure, i guess. as long as you don't get hit by a car. however....
(a) No person may operate any ultralight vehicle in a manner that creates a hazard to other persons or property.

(b) No person may allow an object to be dropped from an ultralight vehicle if such action creates a hazard to other persons or property.

this obviously does not include water weapons that are used in a safe manner. shooting a blaster is highly inaccurate, but water ballons can be easier. Just try and argue now, soakologist! :suspicious:

edit:100th post in this thread!!!! muhahaha!!!
I can argue.

How about THESE ISLANDS AREN'T IN THE UNITED STATES!?!?

AGAIN, no flying vehicles; the small municiplal airport is just supposed to make for a cool battlefield.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:19 pm

By "no flying vehicles", do you mean that R/C aircraft can't be used?

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:50 pm

Those aren't really vehicles.
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...