RP! - interrupted, but back

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:57 am

After his brief conversation with Cloud, Spinner plunged deeper into the forest. With only half his Power Pak's water left, he needed a refill...but where to find a QFD? He decided to head towards the abandoned house, and see what was going on there.

The clearing was quiet and the house seemed to have been deserted. "Looks like The Tempests have cleared out", thought Spinner, "Let's see what they left behind". Making his way inside, he cautiously advanced up the stairs to the top floor. "What's here? A XP-95? Nice. And what's this?" he said to himself, picking up a small black object from the floor. "An enemy radio?" he gasped. "This could be invaluable in deceiving and defeating the enemy..."

Suddenly he heard a twig outside snap. He approached the window warily. A lightly armed runner with the Tempest armband was coming down one of the main tracks to the house. "I suppose he's been sent to recover the radio," thought Spinner, "I'll have to arrange a little reception for him and his SC 500..."
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:31 pm

Er, wait. I thought it was his XP-95, not an SC 500. ???

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:41 pm

I think Spinner meant that the Tempest scout was holding a SC 500. The XP 95 and radio unit was left behind by whoever was in the deserted house.
Iain'tgonnamissmy2ndchanceattheCPS2000... :D

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:17 am

Yeah, the scout has a SC 500, Spinner has the XP 95 and half-filled SC Power Pak. :cool:

Edited By Spinner on 1090848031

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

comandante

Post by comandante » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:30 pm

Comandante imidiatly raised his hand and said, "I'll go." He quickly loaded up and selected his camo Monster 01, he then proceeded to mount the bike. Comandante was pretty excited, he could see it now, the wind lashing on his face and him shooting wildly at the attackers. Comandante quickly came back to reality to find himself zooming away on the bike away from C.D.
-Comandante

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:19 am

Spinner quietly closed the door and took up position directly in front of the opening. The XP 95 was now fully pumped up, and he had his Power Pak handset in the other hand.

He heard the front door open and the scout pausing for breath, panting. Then the steps continued as the enemy took the stairs two at a time, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven and the door opened...and met the Power Pak's Saturator blast at close range. He stumbled and dropped his SC 500, as Spinner nipped around him and closed the door. "Hands up!" ordered Spinner. He shakily raised them, still half blinded by the spray. Spinner then proceeded to tie him to a chair, but left his mouth ungagged. "Now then, what's your name?"

"Subotai." ( :p )

"So Subotai, what information can you give me? I need not mention that any false information you feed me will make it worse for you. Let's start with call-signs..."

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:19 am

Taking out his CPS 1000 (twin MxD 4000s securely in their holsters), Ed yelled to Comandante over the wind noise: 'I noticed C.D didn't look too happy when we left him back there!'

'Yeah, he seemed a bit grouchy this morning. Wonder why?' Comandante shouted back.

'Dosen't matter much now, we're approaching the forest. Keep your eyes peeled for Cloud and his attackers!'

(not part of RP) Hey Cloud, when you post your situation, stop at the point where me and Comandante come in.

I'll continue from there. :cool:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:49 pm

Cloud swiftly descended from his tree like a hawk. He sprayed the adversaries with a strong blow from his CPS 1500 on 10x. He easily overpowered the three teens with his superior firepower, speed, and aiming ability. He sent them off rogue by rogue, each of them having to drop back. Just as he seemed to have the last Tempestist cornered, there was another rogue sneaking up behind him! As the enemy was about to pull the trigger, a huge blow to the back from a Monster hit him! It was Commandante! He had saved Cloud's arse! The enemy Cloud was initially challenged yelled out a shreik from fright, as Cloud went ahead and hit him with the CPS 2000. "RETREAT!" yelled the adversary, and the two ran through the woods, under the cover of the twists and turns in the deep, dark woods. Cloud then turned and playfully scolded Com. and Ed with a grin, "What on Earth took you so long?"
The three all then turned eyes to the last enemy, who had seemed to tired to go anywhere. He looked like he was a little younger than the rest, maybe ten or eleven.
"Uhh.. what should we do with him?" Cloud asked to a silent company.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:23 am

Hope this isn't too full for me to join in. Due to the lack of enemies I think i'll be on their side.

Name: Forceuser
Appearance: 6', 145 pounds
Clothing: Black shirt (thick type), black cargo trousers, walking boots and black hat (for night missions)
Main Weapon: CPS 4100
Gear: Black backpack used for carrying gear in, two two-litre bottles of water, several packs of water balloons, two tennis ball tubes full of full water balloons, string, nails, rope, other various DIY stuff, multi-tool with knife, torch, binoculars and radio.

As the Tempests were retreating a car pulled into the suburbs and a figure emerged. Dressed all in black, armed with a CPS 4100 and carrying a backpack full of ammo he surveyed the area. He signalled to the driver who drove off. He slowly approached the edge of the suburbs by the school field when he heard a large group coming from the direction of the forest.

He took cover behind a bush and readyed his gun. Then, round the corner the retreating Tempests came. He recognised them as friendly and fired a shot over their heads bringing them to a stop. Thinking they were under attack they paniced and started running everywhere. He emerged from cover and shouted, "Halt!" The Tempests suddenly recognised him. "Forceuser!" One of them cried, "Thank God you're here, we need you." "What is going on?" Force replied.

After having the situation explained to him Forceuser took control of the main group due to the unexplained disappearance of the leaders. The mysterious Tempest himself had gone off with a small group of elites. "OK as far as we know the enemy are currently gathered near the abandoned house. We need to knock out their tank and I have a plan. Lets head for the school, re-establish our position and set up a trap for their tank.

The Tempests headed off for the school with Forceuser at their head.

EDIT: Added personal details

Edited By Forceuser on 1090952750

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:17 pm

300 posts in 19 days! man, we're on a roll!

no, it's not too late to join in, just edit in a profile including age, weapons, etc. so you cant just randomly appear with a cps 2000 or any more guns than you have, jump five feet in the air, etc. this helps to make things more realistic. thanks in advance!

P.S.- Kudos to Spinner for making our 300th post

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:24 pm

leprekan wrote:Kudos to Spinner for making our 300th post
I = 50 1337!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneoneoneonesixtyfourpointfive :D

Back to the RP:

Spinner finished taking notes, well pleased with what he had learned. Subotai had divulged many things, including call signs, radio frequencies, the enemy arsenal, base locations, force deployment and of course the enemy plans, as far as Subotai knew. Now it was time to meet up with Cloud and the others. He untied Subotai's legs and marched him out of the house, where he tied him to the fence for a moment while he nipped back inside for a couple of minutes. He emerged looking pleased with himself, then ordered Subotai to start marching back down the track towards Cloud.

Within a few minutes, he saw Cloud and the others. "Hi fellows," he greeted, "What goes on? Who's this?"

comandante

Post by comandante » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:07 pm

"Question him on enemy plans?" said an unsure Comandante.
"Nah he doesn't look like he knows much, too young," said Cloud.
"Who knows, maybe he does know something let's ask him," Ed said making Comandante feel a little better. The kid's knees kept shaking, he looked like he was about to pee his pants.
Comandante spoke up, "Who are you, kid?"
"Uh oh my name's Carl," the boy said nervously.
"Do you know anything about enemy plans?" Cloud continued the interrogation.
"Kinda," later the boy told Ed, Comandante, and Cloud everything he knew. They then decided to leave him up a tree.
-Comandante

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:17 pm

... I don't think this is going to work. There are no enemy plans. This whole thing is improv. *rolls eyes*

Belisaurius
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Belisaurius » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:35 pm

"Schisse......" Belisaurius groaned. " I want a full report. What is the situation. Do we have a map. How many people are there? Who is missing? Until we organize, I recommend radio scilence. Who's been managing this place??? It's a mess! Get everyone back to the base NOW. I want teams of 4. 1 radio operator, 1 heavy weapons in each, with 2 grunts with medium-heavy to medium-light weapons based off range. Do we have waterballoons?"

The Tempest Squadron began to form up.

"How is it that we manage to be both loosing and winning at the same time??"

Edited By Belisaurius on 1091036354

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:58 pm

Leprekan returns to the treehouse base, only to find there is no one there. he sits down and begins to open his camo 2100. bringing out a bag of 12" balloons, he begins to further k-mod the gun.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:02 am

"Good to have you back Beli," Forceuser replied to him, "Everything fell to pieces after you left. Your two second-in-commands disappeared and we had a bad defeat. I've just arrived and done what I can to get us organised again. We have loads of water balloons but they're not filled yet. We have ten people available including you and me. Two of ours have been captured and there is a small group of elites lead by someone called Tempest - I don't know him but apparently he is very good - who are doing hit and run missions on the enemy. As far as we know the current enemy position is at the abandoned house. We have a map here (See page 13)."

"We need to take out the enemy tank and I have come up with a plan. If we take out the tyres then the tank will be a sitting duck. Using what's around the school we can get some boards and put nails through them creating home-made 'stingers'. Then when the tank comes near we have people hiding in the sewers who come up behind the tank and lay the stingers. Another group comes from the school and lays them in front and to the sides and then the tank will be surrounded."

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:29 am

'Okay Cloud, lemme get this straight. Besides you, Comandante, C.D and Spinner, are there any other people on your team?' Ed asked.

'Yeah, we got Wetmonkey, Veteran, Razor and Leprekan. Oh, and you of course.'

'Me?! I'm not part of any team!!'

'If you're not, then why are you fighting on our side?'

Ed told Cloud about the Tempest.

'I need to find out more about this guy, whoever he is. And no one's taken a pot shot at me AND got away scot free!' Ed growled.

'Why d'you need to know about him?'

Ed just glared. He had enough questions flung at him.

Dropping his glare, he said: 'Where the 3 people you mentioned just now?'

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:07 pm

leprekan, being the mischevious little thing he was, dropped down out of a tree to the surprise of Ed and asked, "what can I do for you?"

when asked how he heard the conversation, he said that he had seen the new fighter talking to cloud and wanted to listen in.

Belisaurius
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Belisaurius » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:38 pm

"The Tempest Squadron is my unit at Waterbridge. We'll let tyhem continue with the hit and runs - it's what they were designed for. After all, you can't beat the Tempest! I'm glad you are here. For some reason..." Belisaurius glared at the other present warriors, " there is a ridiculously small amount of personal initiative."

"Hmm. This whole tank thing seems really silly. Is there any rocky terrain, or steep sided hills, or dense forests? If so I want to move base there as soon as possible. We'll make the tank traps in a bit, but first let's negligate the advantage. As for the captured members, we'll have to free them in a bit. Luckily, they wouldn't know I've arrived, or that we're moving camp. Equip some skirmishers to guard the main column for when we march to the new location."

In a few minutes the whole camp had been packed up. Moving deeper into the forest would definately negate the tank advantage, because it would be far too hard to maneuver. This new base will hopefully provide the necessary advantage to turn the tide on more fronts. "Forceuser, take 2 other men with you and make sure the front is clear. I'll put a skirmisher on each flank and 2 rearguards, with everyone else and all gears/supplies in the middle. We want to stay in places where it is hard for their tank to maneuver. I have so back up supplies hidden and I definately think they will help. In fact, I have just the place."

"Move out!"

Edited By Belisaurius on 1091155736

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:43 am

Spinner then asked, "Yes, where are Veteran, Razor and Wetmonkey? And where's the tank? Who saw them last?"