Mid-Summer Status - How many battles have you had so far?

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.

Mid-Summer Status - How many battles have you had so far?

19%
1-2
33%
3-4
14%
5-6
10%
7-8
10%
9-10
No votes
10+
14%

Total votes: 21

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:04 pm

I am interested in fidning this statistic out. So far we have had 0, count them in weep *0* battles. Just curious, how many battles (incuding skirmishes) have you had to date?
_

CPS

Post by CPS » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:08 pm

i haven't even had one yet either, its winter here, come summer i wil have dozens
here, you know you've won when you hear "blub blub ahhh! i give up"

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:18 pm

3 or 4, one is planned tommorow. It will be where I battle test out the Glycerin I just recently bought. That and my most recent homemade. Many of the guns there likely will be homemade actually, because most everyone is using my guns!

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:31 pm

I just recieved a challenge from Bluesmudge on SSC, if his team is large enough you guys may be in for quite a war story.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:14 pm

I've had five this year so far. Two have been duels, and only one has involved over five people... Pretty quiet so far. :(

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:25 pm

I've had 2 battles this summer, not counting a verty minor incident in which Commander Roo "casually" shot another friend with a StreamMachine while we were in the backyard.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:13 pm

Veteran wrote:I just recieved a challenge from Bluesmudge on SSC, if his team is large enough you guys may be in for quite a war story.
You live near him? From what I know his team is really bad, at least that's what blaze has told me. Maybe you'll meet blaze too. They both have APHs btw. I've only seen pics of blaze's though.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:33 pm

So there team is bad, but they have APH's. If I finish mine we'll be equal, well mine has a blaster shield so... :;):

Commander Roo

Post by Commander Roo » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:30 am

Field Marshal Yang wrote:I've had 2 battles this summer, not counting a verty minor incident in which Commander Roo "casually" shot another friend with a StreamMachine while we were in the backyard.
Hey! That was an accident... :laugh:

But yea. I've only had two, but they were both really good. I remeber Yang took a stream machine and filled a cooler with water and stood on my porch and was blasting us all. That ruled.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:47 pm

Commander Roo wrote:But yea. I've only had two, but they were both really good. I remeber Yang took a stream machine and filled a cooler with water and stood on my porch and was blasting us all. That ruled.
Te great thing about the StreamMachines I had was that I could take them to the pool both times and blast away at people while they were defenseless. Of course, I let them use my StreamMachines as well and we had a great "try and hit the guy when they're out of the water" game.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:39 am

That's a little dishonorable, don't you think Yang? :D Although I'm against having "Protection While Filling" rules, the person should at least be able to have a safe place to refill.

Edited By Veteran on 1089956381

DoubleONothing

Post by DoubleONothing » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:26 pm

Which two have had 10+ Battles. I wish I could change these votes. Now I have one battle this year.
SILENCE

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:35 pm

Describe your battle, Double.

DoubleONothing

Post by DoubleONothing » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:54 pm

Err... Pretty much everyone in the hood old enough to carry and shoot a gun was there and we started out as a Capture the flag over the whole neighborhood. Then we just changed it to a huge soak-fest.
SILENCE

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:03 pm

Sounds like fun. :)
Often times soak fests prove to be more enjoyable than big organized fights. Planning the party is more fun than the actual Party, as the saying goes.

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:13 pm

Soakologist wrote:Sounds like fun. :)
Often times soak fests prove to be more enjoyable than big organized fights. Planning the party is more fun than the actual Party, as the saying goes.

Sort of right in our case.. The soakers i brought along and had to wheel-barrel back was the fruit of 1 year of saving up and carefully browsing the market for weaponry. So far the WWReplublic has become a sucess in the first 3 days of launch. I introduced them to high powered water guns, and talked to their parents while they were out, explaining they were only water, lol. That big neighborhood war? close but no cigar. However this was a HUGE step in the right direction. Now if you excuse me, I have some stats to post :D

-A very happy and proud Iceman

edit- Stats updated to real time. All stats are now accurate.

Edited By Iceman on 1090015906
_

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:38 pm

Congradulations Ice, sounds like it was a lot of fun. I wish more people in my neighborhood would get together like that.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:12 pm

I've only had one so far. Poor, poor, pitiful me. :( That's been due to the weather, however, not lack of interest. I'm hoping to organize some skirmishes in the next few days, and we've got a huge war (tenatively) scheduled for Sunday, August 8th. If not that precise date, it'll be an August Sunday.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:30 pm

Soakologist wrote:Often times soak fests prove to be more enjoyable than big organized fights. Planning the party is more fun than the actual Party, as the saying goes.
My thoughts precisely. Everytime my friends and I try to setup a complex team battle with loads of rules and whatnot, we end up bickering halfway through the battle and then something bad happens and we decide to go in the pool instead. The free-for-all battles we've had recently accomodate more people's tastes and behaviors so they last longer. Too bad I won't be having any more battles for a while; I'm going to an enrichment camp (CTY) for 3 weeks.

webwoodrow

Post by webwoodrow » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:38 pm

I have had one water fight this year, because i have been backpacking at least 3 times a month and soakers are little heavy to bring along, plus a good water source can be hard to find at 4,000 feet in alpine meadows. The fight i did have was a 3 person free for all. We switched off blasters every ten minutes or so. Then we got into boats in my pond and had a naval battle... :p
webwoodrow

EDIT: Grammar

Edited By webwoodrow on 1090042209