Water Wars in Dreams

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Water Wars in Dreams

Post by SEAL » Sun May 24, 2015 9:34 am

There have been a couple threads on these, so I decided to make one to rule them all. Had a dream about a water war? Post about it here.

I had one the other night, which gave me this idea. It started out where I was a member of the mafia, and was trying to poison something or other (it was what I call an "epic" dream [one that lasts a long time and has a storyline], but I barely remember it), but then it shifted to me exploring this abandoned barn of some kind (I think one or both of my brothers were there; they show up often in my dreams). In the barn, there was stuff all over the place. I found some old childhood toys that I used to play with in real life, and a pile of water guns. The only ones I remember were a Colossus 2, and something that was labeled as a "Colossus 2", but was actually what looked like a WW Titan. I think there might have been a Splashzooka and a Monster there, but I'm not sure. I remember wanting to take all that stuff.

Then it shifted again. This time, I was part of a big water war team, which was mainly comprised of people from a baseball or basketball team (don't remember which) that my brother chief was on. We were unarmed, and were planning to raid the building and take the guns. We all wore full camo, and black ski masks like you always see burglars wear in the movies. We started out standing waste-deep in a stream in the middle of a farm, maybe 200 feet from the barn thing. We moved toward it in a long line formation, and entered without any confrontation. One of my teammates got to the pile of guns, and was handing them out. I ended up with a Sneak Attack, but I also saw at least one guy with a camo-covered 2000/2500. We then filed out of the building, and made our way to the front of it, where there was a large overhang, supported by a whole bunch of columns.

We then sat down like our mission was complete, and started talking about somebody named Anthony Pagano (I do not know anybody with that name in real life). Our ski masks had disappeared somewhere along the line, so I could see people's faces. Aside from all the baseball/basketball players (none of which I've ever seen in real life), I saw my brothers, Bailey, CA99/HBWW, and I think Duxburian was there too. I counted everyone and found that there were 18 altogether. Since there didn't seem to be an enemy team present, I interrupted the discussion about Anthony and suggested that we break up into teams and do 9v9. Just then, I was rudely awakened.

Dreams can be weird sometimes, haha. But that's what makes 'em fun. A couple of months ago I had a much more epic war dream, where I was trying to defend a house against attack. DX was there too, but I don't remember who else. It was too long ago for me to remember the details.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water Wars in Dreams

Post by HBWW » Sun May 24, 2015 8:21 pm

inb4 DX's bible-length post.

I've had a few water war dreams, but nothing particularly complete and interesting. There was one where we were battling at a ruined haunted house at night. Lots of blue flame lamps lit the area, and there were stone walls and tombstones nearby. It kind of looked like something you'd make in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. One team was defending the house, and the other was attacking it. I remember moving up and managed to reach the underside of a balcony that Chief was standing on and guarding, but I forgot the rest of what happened.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 25, 2015 1:34 am

Massacre of Neo-Waterbridge

This was a dream from last week. Transferring this from physical notes was a PITA, but pen and paper is the only way I can recall dreams fast enough to get all the small details down before they fade.

Normally, my water war dreams are fairly well-balanced or at least competitive, but that's when "Regular" Rob is playing. Regular Rob is just me with literally no changes from real life. 100% of water war dreams were with Regular Rob until the other night. That night, "White" Rob emerged instead, one of my alternate dream personas.

White Rob shares all of my real life interests and hobbies, has all of my skills, knowledge, and experience, but also evolves his own set independently when I'm not dreaming. Moat notably, he's become a world class striker (soccer) and I've had soccer dreams were he's scored 3, 5, even 8 goals in international matches. His core strengths totally obliterate Regular Rob's weaknesses and Regular Rob's strengths cover many of his own weaknesses. White Rob is therefore my most capable non-supernatural dream persona and unsurprisingly, he turned out to be pretty damn good at water warfare, despite never having done it before. There's a reason I'm calling it a massacre instead of a battle…

I'm not 100% sure where it was physically located, despite having explored and fought in that park in past dreams. It's definitely west of the Neo-Hudson in the Neo-NJ area and resembles Waterbridge in many ways, so I am calling it Neo-Waterbridge.

It is a long, linear park with a small river/large brook in the middle. It is bordered on the north and south by road bridges and backyards to the east and west. Both banks at the north end rise steeply to bare clay ridges, although there are shelves you can walk across lower to the river's edge. There is a foot bridge in the center of the park, completely draped in Japanese knotweed. The southern half of the park is almost completely covered in knotweed groves, with concrete ruins scattered around. One of the houses that borders the park near the SW corner belongs to a friend (don't know who?) and is in play. The backyard is mostly open lawn with gardens. The ranch style house has sliding doors to a pool, patio, pool house, and surrounding wall in the front, don't ask why it's in the front.

My team:
White Rob (doesn't exist IRL) - some kind of light AP that doesn;t exist, squirt pistol, 1200
Ben (Marauder) - 2000, 1500?
David (doesn't exist IRL) - don't remember

Enemy team:
Nick (Belisaurius) - don't remember, WBL
Matt (Guderian) - some kind of CPS that doesn't exist, WBL
Scott Scottthewaterwarrior) - some kind of BBT gun that doesn't exist and never seems to run out of water
4 additional people (who I don't know the names of, don't exist IRL) - variety, mostly some kinds of CPS that don't exist

We only played one round, a full park boundary OHS with an unknown (to me) time limit. It was 3v7, although we could have had even teams, I chose to play outnumbered for the challenge of it. Respawn rules were spawn instantly at your starting point. You could cache equipment at your starting point and the enemy could not take it. Refills were not allowed, you had to swap out guns when empty.

The enemy used the pool area at the house as their base and starting point. My team took a walk to start the war, into the knotweed groves, and chose the center bridge as our starting point. The reasoning was that the bridge could end up being strategically important, but it was also insanely dangerous for either team to cross because you couldn't see shit with the reeds all over it. However, as our spawn point and supply area, we no longer had anything to fear at it.

So, the game started, and we lay in ambush positions on both banks right at the edge of the reed groves. A lot of time passed and neither team wanted to make a move. So, we got up and attacked. The enemy was behind the corners of the house on both sides. Ben and David each took a side to fight and I went down the middle through the sliding doors and inside.

I had some dingy, small AP gun that doesn't exist, but it was good in CQB. I hid in the bathroom and waited for someone to come through the hallway looking for me. 2 people ran by and I hit the 2nd guy, then rolled out and hit the 1st as he turned around. I saw through the sliding doors that Ben and David had to retreat, so I was stuck behind their lines.

I opened the doors carefully and slowly and rushed the enemy's backs turned to me. I don't remember how many of them I got, other than that I didn't get the good people, who got away into the reeds and out of sight.

I couldn't find my team, but we instinctually regrouped at the center bridge, none of us were hit yet. We then decided to go up to the clay ridges to try and spot the other team. This turned out to be a dumb decision, because they were waiting in ambush at the ridges. One of them was on the ledge around a corner and out of sight. I read the danger as he popped out and pulled back literally right before the stream would have hit me. I shot back, but I couldn't get at him around the corner. Then, Nick and Matt were shooting at us from across the river on the other ridge with like Douchenators and the rest of their team popped up behind us on our bank. Nobody was hit, but it was like OH SHIT.

At this point, my small AP gun ran almost out of water and I had to pull the squirt pistol out of my pocket. There was no ability to just run back to the bridge to get my 1200 because their team was blocking every way to get there short of going into the river. So, I had the squirt pistol and attacked the guy on the ledge with it. We practically collided at the corner, but I went low and hit him in the ankles and he went standing and shot shoulder height, missing.

Since Nick and Matt weren't actually going to cross and had to reload the WBLs, we attacked 3 on 4 on our side of the bank and drove them back. I purposely attacked from the front, dodging their shots and trying to draw them to waste water. Even though I had a squirt pistol and they had CPS, I could dodge without ever pausing or getting tired and they couldn't hit me.

When Scott was about to hit Ben, I stepped in front of the shot and absorbed it all, and Ben used the opportunity to counterattack Scott with his pressure low and hit him.

I ran back to respawn at the bridge, picked up my CPS 1200, and sprinted back, the enemy didn't realize the danger, Scott couldn't tell them because he had to go all the way back to the pool to respawn. I just ran right into them from behind, took out 2 and then Ben took out the last guy when he turned around to try and defend from me.

Now, we went hunting 3v2 looking to engage Nick and Matt before the rest of their team could get back into the fight. I crossed the bridge with Ben, while David crossed the road bridge at the very north end of the park to try and flank them. They were nowhere in sight, so we regrouped and searched in the reed groves.

We practically walked into them on a path around some ruins and a pretty fierce battle erupted, with Scott also back now. It was even until their other teammates showed up, cause Ben was able to do the mother bear defense, holding several people, and I went around the flank and attacked with the 1:1 tap pump ratio of the 1200. I hit one guy outright and drove the others into some thorn bushes, where they got stuck. 1 of them surrendered a hit there and the other 2 tried to fight, but I could dodge and they couldn't, so that was over quickly.

Nick, Matt, and Scott now had to retreat and we pushed them out of the park and back to the house. I had Scott in a 1v1 on the side and pressed forward with the 1200. Scott was tired from all the running, but I was still at full power physically and pushed him back, around the front, and into his own teammates, who we got in the other side yard trapped between our team.

They tried several breakout rushes at me, but the 1200 held them off. When I counter attacked, they had limited room to dodge, and I hit at least 2? But, then I had to retreat, because they'd be respawning behind my position.

My team retreated to the center bridge to regroup and swap out guns, with the 1200 pretty much empty I was going to swap to I dunno what, at which point I woke up and frantically began scribbling notes on what happened, the notes are barely legible. I can remember fighting/maneuvers/action pretty well, but guns, rules, and player names fade quickly.

The final score at wake up time was at least 16 to 1, a massacre.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon May 25, 2015 12:24 pm

^Haha, that is insane. I don't think I've heard of anyone else who has dreams like that. It's like an alternate reality or something. I mean, different personas? I'm pretty sure there were times when I took the role of someone other than myself in dreams, but it's never been the same character twice. I don't think my dreams have ever picked up where they left off, except perhaps when I wake up and quickly drift off again. Those are usually the cases where I know I'm dreaming, and just choose not to wake up yet because my dreams are nearly always way more awesome than real life.

I remember a while ago, before the first Frozen Fury I think, I had a really scary dream about water wars. We were fighting in Frozen Fury (or whatever war was coming up) at night, deep in some forest somewhere, and we ran into this tall, dark hooded figure. Since it nighttime and hard to see, I thought it was an enemy, and I think I tried to shoot at it or something. Then it screamed; a very loud, shrill, horrible sound. I remember feeling nothing but pure fear, then I believe the dream ended. I don't remember anything else about the dream; I just know there were at least one or two other people with me (probably my brothers).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

jja

Post by jja » Thu May 28, 2015 1:38 pm

SEAL wrote:tall, dark hooded figure... it screamed; a very loud, shrill, horrible sound. I remember feeling nothing but pure fear
sounds like a Ring Wraith, had you watched Lord of the Rings recently?

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu May 28, 2015 4:52 pm

^Yeah, that's what I thought of afterwards (I haven't watched Lord of the Rings in a long time), but in the dream that never crossed my mind (which means it was something else, because in dreams I always seem to just know what everything is). It was more like a ghost or something. Whatever it was, it was a heckuva lot scarier than the black riders. Actually during the real Frozen Fury, one of the battles (in the woods) ran into nightfall. That dream crossed my mind during that time, but fortunately we only ran into Duxburian, who'd gone to look for us with a flashlight (I was in such a hurry to get started that I left my phone in the car).

Haven't had any water war dreams lately, but I'm sure they'll start making appearances as Soakemore draws near.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 29, 2015 10:38 am

It's like an alternate reality or something. I mean, different personas? I'm pretty sure there were times when I took the role of someone other than myself in dreams, but it's never been the same character twice. I don't think my dreams have ever picked up where they left off, except perhaps when I wake up and quickly drift off again.
Almost all of my dreams take place in the same world (I call it Neo-America because it's a warped version of the northeast US), a point proven by driving, biking, walking, or flying to locations of past dreams. There are 4 recurring dream personas - in addition to Regular Rob and White Rob, there is 30s White Rob and Vincent Drake. 30s White Rob is a relatively new character, only been around for the past several years. I don't know that much about 30s White Rob other than he's some kind of engineer, is extremely good with math, and lives near the coast on a hill with a dirt road.

Vincent Drake is my oldest character and the only person I was able to dream as for years and years and years. My dreams used to be so dangerous that only a supernatural person could survive them. Drake has developed many defense mechanisms for nightmare survival, including respawning. Normally, when you die or are about to die in a dream, you automatically wake up. When killed as Drake, I do not wake up, but just respawn. I can fly, teleport, shoot lightning out of my hands, airbend, and drag enemies into a limbo state between life and death. These require only a quick, less than a second power-up. There are two ways to do that last ability, both myself and my target must die together/at the same time. We both emerge into an area of darkness, where they start to experience intense physical pain and hallucinate, and I just leave them there and respawn. This sounds awesome, except dying kind of...hurts. Drake has died 16 times and each one of them has been exceptionally painful. I don't recommend. In addition to these abilities, Drake can morph into an undead form, which is visually frightening to whoever is looking, can become temporarily invisible by trying to teleport through a solid object, is always in perfect health, and does not ever fatigue unless using power.

While White Rob is not usually supernatural, if a regular dream turns into a nightmare on him, he can gain the ability to fly or jump very high via event triggers. The trigger for flight is to be chased by someone or something to at least a 2nd floor window, and then jump out at the last second. The trigger for long/high jumping is to be chased to a cliff or other natural height, and jump off that. If there is no immediate danger, and he jumps from one of those places, he will fall and die, ending the dream and waking me up. Unlike Drake, White Rob must maintain flight manually by flapping his arms. He is at the mercy of wind currents, downdrafts, and the such. Some creatures are able to jump very high and try to snatch him out of the air. Some dreams get so bad that I see everyone on the ground dying, there is never a safe place to land, and I am stuck needing to maintain flight until the dream peters out or I am woken up externally.

Regular Rob doesn't stand much of a chance in a nightmare, this is my least favorite person to be stuck as. Regular Rob does get a bit of luck, though. I survived a total zombie apocalypse by hiding with some other survivors in an elevator. Everyone else in the building had their bodies audibly ripped apart and devoured alive, but no one found us until late. We won by some kind of event glitch where a sufficient number of survivors could turn zombies back into humans just by crowding them. We turned the ones that attacked us, but eventually there were no humans or zombies left, everyone had died and we walked out apparently being the last people on earth, never found other survivors.

30s White Rob has yet to encounter a nightmare. Any dream can, in theory, turn if the right event trigger is pulled. Looking deep into dark woods, looking into a mirror, being worried about something going wrong, chasing after pets that run away, driving at night, and going anywhere at night are known event triggers. A few things can turn a nightmare back into a regular dream, such as searching for seashells, picking up a water/nerf gun, going into a store and browsing items with the intent to buy something, and Drake respawning after a death. Common nightmares include zombies, black creatures with red eyes that shred people apart, being chased by fox-like things that come out of the woods, massive tidal waves, multiple direct hits by EF5 tornadoes, being stuck in the open during intensely powerful super thunderstorms, being hunted by AI and police, home invasions, deadly diseases spreading through cities, and plane crashes.

There are also "super nightmares", which involve any kind of threat against what appears to be Real Rob in the real world. These happen during a standard lucid dream. After having trouble trying to lucid dream, I discovered two event triggers that start a lucid dream with a 100% success rate. Falling asleep with your head arched back, like over a couch arm, will send you to sleep paralysis and to a lucid dream if you can hang on without waking up during the sensation. Once on the edge of awake/asleep, I can also just think about the word "lucid" and it immediately starts. I went in and out of sleep paralysis 21 times in a row in rapid succession the night I discovered this trigger to prove its effectiveness. However, the risk of super nightmares makes it too dangerous to try lucid dreaming for real.
It was more like a ghost or something. Whatever it was, it was a heckuva lot scarier than the black riders.
You probably encountered the "demon". Many people have run-ins with a dark figure that stalks them, hovers over them, comes out of a mirror, comes into their room, etc. It's completely harmless in a regular dream, other than the dreamer having a bad nightmare. However, if it comes out in a lucid dream, it can attack your paralyzed body in what appears to be the real world. There can be "others". THAT is a super nightmare!

I encountered this thing in one of the worst ways possible, about a year ago. Lookup the "3 Kings" or "Midnight Game" on Reddit. They are similar activities where you bring yourself to the awake/asleep border and try to achieve astral projection, which is a thing, and it can go horribly wrong. 3 Kings looks like internet bullshit, but it's definitely real. People have actually had to move out of their house after trying this and having it go bad. An internet friend dared me to do this and I pussied out.

However, like a week later, I had a dream where Regular Rob setup the 3 Kings. I didn't do it all right and ended up looking into the mirror. I saw my reflection move independently of myself, then take the form of some random person, who snarled at me. I got scared, which made them transform into the all-black demon, which started physically coming out of the mirror at me. I was so fucking shocked that I practically fell through sleep paralysis and into a lucid dream. I opened my eyes and was lying in bed in my room in the real world, but the demon was standing there in my room staring at me. The combined fear and shock was finally enough that I woke up, but lacking enough energy to remain awake, I fell asleep again and straight back into lucidity. The demon was still there and it started moving toward me and I was so fucking scared, but Vincent Drake came out of nowhere and beat the demon back until it fled. As in, I watched my own dream persona defend me as his own separate person, acting of his own accord, in my own room. I then woke up again and stayed awake. I haven't tried lucid dreaming since!
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri May 29, 2015 12:20 pm

I don't think anyone on WWN can really trump DX at having nightmares!

For me most nightmares, which for me are rare Involve some vague threat that I am either not able to outrun and turns out to be nothing. Or if I have some super ability like jumping 200' in any direction that keeps me from getting caught I still can't get away either. At times when I am able to escape the threat and hide from it, it is because I let some friend or family member to get caught.

Worst I turn can serial at times in dreams and hurt people I know in spree's.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:14 am

I'm (possibly) one of the few on here who think that there can also be metaphysical explanations for dreams.

About 30 or 40 years ago my grandmother saw herself floating out of her body and her grandmother met her in mid air and said "Emilee, now is not your time, you need to go back," and helped push her back down into her body. She woke up and if I remember right she had had a mild heart attack. It's more creepy because my grandmother's grandmother lived a very long time. She was born after the Civil War but lived until the 1960s, so my dad knew her, and I know enough stories about her to where I can actually envision this.

There are several other stories that come to mind which I will have to post later as I need to ask my dad for some clarification. I know that we had a Civil War ghost/spirit/whatever haunting our house for a while. We have a lot of interesting family history saved up around here and my family is very close with our past. I was named after an ancestor who was a First Sergeant (head Sergeant of a Company/right hand man of the Captain) in the Confederate Army. The irony that I married a girl with some African ancestry is not lost on me. I will really have to add more to this discussion after I talk to my dad.

Unfortunately I have not had any good water war dreams lately. My guess is just that I have only fought in 1 battle in the past year and a half.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:24 pm

This topic is going supernatural, haha. Not going to lie though, that kind of stuff fascinates the hell out of me. I've always wanted to see a ghost or find evidence that they exist. But I've never found anything, and I'm very skeptical so it really has to be concrete evidence. Every time I've seen a so-called ghost in a picture or on film, it's always uncertain.

The worst nightmares I've had are the ones where people I'm close to are in serious danger. Others involve jumping into and swimming in water that's dangerous in some way, for example near like a dam or some kind of underwater lock where there's a danger of being sucked down. I've also had the classic dreams where something is chasing me and my legs won't work (feels like I'm running in water).

I have no idea what dreams are supposed to mean, but I do know that I'll often have a dream about something related to an event that ends up happening in real life, usually the next day. For example, several months ago I dreamed about a hot girl (don't remember the details), then the next day I actually met a hot girl (she was already seeing someone though, grr). Last night I had another dream about dangerous waters near a dam, and today I actually did go exploring by a dam (which I will actually be posting about soon). In both these cases, and in others like them, I had no idea prior that those events would happen. It's like my subconscious can predict the future, but not always directly.

Similarly, if something eventful is coming up, I'll often have dreams about it several nights beforehand, but usually different in some way. Before the NYC war, I actually had a dream about being at what was basically a Nerf war with water guns (getting back on topic now). I don't remember anything about it other than the fact that the guy who hosted the PA Plains Nerf war was there, and there was also a CPS 2100 present, but I forgot who used it.

I also had another water war dream two or three nights ago. I was playing CTF in some kind of abandoned building, where it was me playing against marauder and his nephews. 1v3, haha. If there was anybody else on my team, they never made an appearance. It was pretty intense, but luckily this was one of those water war dreams where I go beastmode and somehow automatically hit whoever I shoot at. About a quarter of my water war dreams are like this, and another quarter are the opposite, where I'm completely helpless. Then about half of them don't even involve a fight at all (like the one in the paragraph above this one), just planning for one and/or finding guns somewhere. Anyway, I captured the flag and won the game, but that's all I remember. It then shifted to me and my brothers climbing this ridiculously tall structure, on the top of which was like this jungle gym looking thing suspended over midair. We climbed onto it and found some words written on the bars. These were apparently the first words that my brothers ever learned to read. I don't get it either, haha.

Interesting stuff!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Cochise

Post by Cochise » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:00 am

I really like watching scary movies and shows about ghosts and stuff, but you guys are kind of crazy.

I always tend to have dreams about old blasters being for sale at some store and then I wake up and realize it isn't happening.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:48 pm

On the way home from Soakemore today, I had to stay awake to make sure Seal took the right turns and routes, but was also very tired from the night wars and very low on energy from lack of food. The result was constantly snapping in and out of dreams while still somewhat awake, which was a very interesting experience to say the least. I was like that basically from Maryland to Connecticut, I had 50, maybe 60+ dreams of 10 seconds to a few minutes in length. At least a dozen involved water wars, albeit briefly. Some were things being setup, some me shooting, and one was longer.

That dream involved me and Ben with lots of slow nooby teammates trying to make it along the side of a muddy river while being stalked and attacked in the bushes from the Seals and their huge team of people. The river was originally full of like, alligators, but we drained it to a low flow level and the gators retreated into burrows. I have no idea what the objective was.

Snoop Doggy Doge

Post by Snoop Doggy Doge » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:11 pm

Does this mean Robs been having wet dreams?

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Saturday night, I went to sleep all twitchy and trying to dodge streams. No dreams, but the next day, I woke up to Rachel (Scott's cat, the weird grouchy one) meowing "Hi!" outside the door. I check that I wasn't hearing things from the dream, and sure enough, it was real. I open the door and the cat's just sitting there out in the hall. Weirdest thing that happened that weekend. I swear she must've been making a few plots to murder me that weekend.

Don't think I'll be getting water war dreams (much less hope to gain experience through them) at all, just since I rarely get to play and never had a time in my life where I got to play them often. (That and the low quantity of dreams I can remember anyway.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Last night I had my first war dream in a long time. I guess I had my own house because we were all hanging out in a kitchin/dining room/living room adjacent to the garage. There were lots of boxes in the garage and blasters hanging up on the walls. It's funny, because I was a little surprised that everything was coming together, kind of like I didn't expect that the war would happen.

Tony and Danny were there and my friend Chris. It was uncharacteristic of me to not know what all was going on, but I remember running into Drench and thinking that he was on my team and then asking who else was there, and it was pretty much everyone I've met (plus Ben). We had food on the stove and people were laughing and carrying gear into the garage. People were eating pizza and filling up guns. I was confused, but pleasantly happy. My PPB was going to be my primary and I couldn't find the backpack at first and finally found it - a camelbak with an unfinished shell. I remember a Monster X (Nick?), Rob with a 2000, some 2100s, 150s, Python 2s, and 275s and a 250 (pretty sure that was Stephen).

I told Rob to take everyone out to the road so we could clear out since there were so many people and I wanted to organize people for the first round (it was in the evening). My team was Sam, Tony, Danny, the Trettel bros, Scott, Chris, and Stephen.

That was when my dream cut off. Since so many things in my life are up in the air right now it makes sense that this dream would have an overall sense of confusion about it, but the overall theme was positive, so that's encouraging. There was a lot of camo and mods and some really sweet guns and everyone was there, so overall it left a very pleasant impression.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:52 am

You guys are so lucky! I almost never remember my dreams and the few times I do they don't make much sense. I've only ever had two dreams about water wars. One was at my house (sort of) with my two cousins James and Gorden. I say sort of because it was my house but the neighborhood was a lot different. There weren't any houses to the right of me, instead their was a ravine with one of those man made streams (a concrete channel) at the bottom. There was also no fence between the neighbors houses and my rear balcony had steps going into the back yard. We started at the top of the balcony and were fighting off endless waves of 10 year olds with Nerf Super Soakers. It was a slaughter, but there were so many of them we ran low on water and had to jump down the steps and get to the stream. Strangely only a couple kids tried to attack while we were filling, but they all stormed down once we had finished. After going up the other side, we fought kids that were practically coming out of the woodwork all across town. I don't remember much about the urban fighting, other then it looked like the suburbs of L.A. in the 1970's (probably because I had just started watching Adam-12 at the time). Oh yeah, and for some reason earth seamed to have like half its normal gravity, so all our guns shot twice as far and we were able to jump really high (which is how we could jump down the steeps).

The other dream I had was actually more recent but I don't remember that much about it. It was some sort of community war and I was on a team with the SEAL bros. and DX, I think we were fighting Marauder with his cousins and nephews. Our starting point was my grandma's house, with the battlefield being her backyard, except her backyard was a giant canyon about 300 feet wide filled with jungle. It really was like a community war though, as we had to hike around (including climbing down some rocks) before we spotted the enemy on a path below us, than there was suddenly a bunch of talking and I woke up to my clock/radio playing NPR.

I used to get always figure out I was dreaming because my logical mind would always find something out of place and than I could control them. Now though the few times I've remembered a dream it never happens. Most of the time my dreams now are just me watching wierd TV shows, although sometimes I will suddenly switch from watching the TV show to actually being one of the characters in the show. I think my dreams have gotten so consistently illogical that my brain just thinks its all real because nothing feels out of place. I rarely have nightmares, normally just annoying dreams were I'm at school and it is boring, which really sucks when you wake up and realize that now you have to go to school for real. The few times I have a "nightmare", it usually involves ether getting kidnapped or held hostage by lots of masked people, but they all tend to be graduates from the stormtrooper marksmen academy and somehow there always seams to be a pile of machine guns nearby...

I don't think I have ever died in a dream, my dream self kind of just becomes an action hero anytime something life threatening is about to happen.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:12 pm

I never die in dreams, I always wake up just in time.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:03 pm

I always either wake up or get super human jumping ability's and stay alive.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:46 pm

the oncoming storm wrote:I always either wake up or get super human jumping ability's and stay alive.
That's what I mean, except I always get the super human thing and never nearly die right before waking up.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:40 am

I had a really awesome water war dream last night, but I can barely remember it. :( We were fighting indoors, in what I think was supposed to be my house but was completely different and much bigger than the real life one. We were playing free-for-all 1HS, and there were probably at least 20 people participating. I think I was using my 12K; I remember that the trigger was extremely stiff, and I was wearing big gloves for some reason (that I later took off 'cause I was having trouble pulling the trigger). Even without the gloves, it took agonizingly long to pull the trigger, but somehow I still wiped the floor with everyone, and only died once that I can remember. Near the end people were complaining that I was doing too good, so I started going easy on them, haha. Most of them didn't exist in real life, but I think most of the community war regulars were there. Actually, Duxburian definitely was because he was the one who shot me. Some people actually formed alliances; I remember like three people set up behind a couch, and I snuck around and hit them from the back. I teamed up with at least one person (might have been one of my brothers) to set an ambush in a very dark hallway. I made lots of ambushes. I also remember taking out like four or five people at once with a crescent shot. That's about all I can recall, though I guess it's about typical for me.

I've also been having dreams about the cave war lately, but they're usually of the kind where we never actually fight. We just spend what feels like an eternity getting ready, then remembering that we forgot something, and so on. I think I did have one or two dreams where we actually did fight, but then the cave turned into this really strange battleground that was like a mixture of the cave, an abandoned building, and a forest with power lines (like Saugatuck) running up a hill. It kind of kept shifting. I think one of the dreams also involved a Nerf war as well.

As for dying in dreams, I have before. I remember actually going to Heaven a couple times. Most of the time it was really strange; the gravity would be all screwy, and the environment didn't really resemble anything I've ever seen. I remember being disappointed at how boring it was, 'cause I've always believed that Heaven is a place where you can do anything and everything you want.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~