Water Wars in Dreams

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
DX

Re: Water Wars in Dreams

Post by DX » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:43 pm

Had a water war dream last night with high realism. The venue was Schenk's Island in Wilton, CT. In RL, we played there on the 2nd day of Pandemonium this year (it's the place with the paths cut through grassy meadows). There was only one round in the dream, OHS 2v2v2v2v2. The teams were:

Me and Van James
Ben and Danny
Keith and Tony
Scott and Sam
Brandon and David

I was able to recall having done well with a CPS 2000 here in RL, so I used that, and Van didn't use a soaker at all, just carried water. I don't remember exactly where we went or what happened, other than I got more than 20 hits with Van reloading me, and neither of us was hit. Not worrying about water conservation freed me to just relentlessly rush and hit people with the 2000. It was a total slaughter, and there isn't much more to say than that.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:20 am

Perhaps this is an omen? You're going to become more of an offensive player? Under the right circumstances, if the team was full of people who were rather evasive and difficult to hit it might be prudent to unleash you as the offense. Ever thought about that?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:44 am

In the real battle from Pandemonium, I got 9 hits in less than 6 minutes with the 2000. I've come to the conclusion that I should always use a 2000 when possible, and no longer worry about conserving water as much. The theory is to do as much damage as possible, without regard to time or water level, and if I have to go off and refill, even taking a death to do that is more effective than conserving shots. If I can get 5 kills with shots that would otherwise be held back, 1 death from low water is a great tradeoff. Unfortunately, this only applies to the 2000 - the 1000, 1200, and 150 are better used with different styles. The 150 as you know very well has its own unique style.

A team that could stand its ground and skirmish without being hit would be a dream come true. A lot of that is trust, if I go off to attack, I trust that my team can hold off the whole enemy team and not die. In Nerf and water, I get burned so often this way that the trust isn't there.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

c0chise

Post by c0chise » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:03 am

What kind of ish are you on bro? I need to get me some.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:55 pm

This was a really ordinary type of dream. The crazy shit goes down when something suddenly turns into a nightmare. Multi-month dreams are also pretty creepy due to the length, you'd be amazed at the sheer scale of what you can experience in one night.

I've found that the key to dreaming like this is to have a powerful, visual-geographic memory and relentless imagination that never sleeps. In order to develop multiple dream characters, you need to hate yourself on some fundamental level deep down, so you can project who you really see yourself as. I have no idea how the dream world keeps a consistent layout for decades, or how some dreams decouple perceived time from real time and others don't.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:04 am

I had an awesome dream last night where there was this giant Arctic Blast with newer Nerf colors. It was a little bigger than a HydroBlitz and had an actually capable pump. I had said that we had a 2500 in the next room, but it was disassembled. Sam felt pretty confident in the new gun and picked it up rather than putting the 2500 back together.

We went out side as it was getting dark and some other people were gathered out in the woods behind my house. The idea was to wait until it got dark and then hit up the woods. It was public land, but we didn't want any "concerned parents." A phrase my mind must have pulled from a conversation I had on Sunday.

Rob was out in the woods, kneeling on the ground next to a bunch of waterballoons, putting a strap on one of his camoflouged 10ks and for some reason my brother and sister were involved. I don't know who our opponents were, and we really didn't say much of a plan out loud. Everything was carried out very stealth like. I remember Stephen and Keith ambushing some people at point blank range and driving them into a stream.

My dreams tend to have a lot of holes in them, unlike Rob's, so I don't even remember what I was using. I may not have even imagined what I was using or looked down. I just remember organizing the attack. The battlefield was a pine forest and the pine straw was very quiet. There were dense groves of privet and other lowland underbrush on the edge of the battlefield, which is where Stephen and Keith were. However, the odd thing about all that was that the lowland forest was actually a little uphill from the pine forest, which should have been reversed. There was definitely a stream of some type going through the lowland forest, but the stream was on top of the hill instead of in the valley. Sam had broken away to meet up with Keith and Stephen and press the flag from behind. SEAL and Rob and I pushed the main attack which was a lot of heavy shooting (SEAL had a 2000 and my brother and Danny had 1500s). My sister had a Gorgan and Tony had a Python 2. There were with some other people (I think Nick and my friend Paul) on the opposite edge.

I couldn't see our opponents at all except for shadows, but it was clear that they were very numerous and either had lesser firepower or were poor shots. Nick was having some trouble on our left, but Keith, Stephen, and Sam routed the right flank from the lowland forest (which was actually upland) and came up behind the flag. The giant Arctic Blast shot like a Power Pak on saturator and they took the flag.

Most all of this was carried out in silence. The vibe was a mix of anticipation before a big event and relaxing after a big victory, like a sports championship or something, except I was experiencing that as a combination during the fighting. It was almost like what I imagine sleepwalking is like, or that feeling you get after you've been on rollerblades for a long time or a treadmill and you still feel like you're floating around.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.