compass town

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
B-man

Re: compass town

Post by B-man » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Really but I sorted role playing/fan fiction by replies and compass town was second. also I couldn't find "tempest rising".
GET SOAKED
:)

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:52 pm

years ago another forum called SSCentral.org had the tempest rises role-play going for months, The other tempest war was on here but even I can't find it currently.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

B-man

Post by B-man » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Oh I was just talking about just Waterwar.net
GET SOAKED

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:00 am

Hey B Man, you gotta give us more time to respond before you switch chapters. Please make sure you read everyone's responses before you move on.

Here's where we were last:

Delta squad scouted out north base and hit 1 enemy.
Delta squad ambushed on way back to our base by 20 enemy. 3 of Delta Squad were hit.
Tech Team, headed by the oncoming storm, began modifying blasters back at the base in order to increase our firepower vs the enemy.

So, currently Darth Meow is in a 7 vs 20 fight somewhere north east of our base. Nemesis is temporarily 2nd in command of Delta Squad, so he is with Darth Meow. Right now it should be up to Darth Meow and Nemsis to play out the 7 v 20 battle, with some input from B Man, but B Man you need to let them respond first with how they are facing the situation.

Duxburian's Alpha Squad is on a similar patrol to the south east of the base and will be the first team available to reinforce Delta Squad if Darth Meow and Nemesis call for backup.

The Oncoming Storm, you've done a great job getting these modifications up to date. How many people do you have working on your tech team? Also, we have several SC 600s on our team. We need to find a mod to power them up. Ideally I want CPS 2000 power. I have already tried a colossus mod which created tremendous power which the internals were unable to handle, resulting in the plastic piece at the back of the PC being blasted off. Perhaps you can come up with something involving LRT. Then, we need to create a new nozzle that can handle all the power. My idea is something like a mini CPS 2000. If we can still maintain QFD capabilities that would be a plus. With 100 team members refilling needs to go as quickly as possible. Come up with a few possible ideas (maybe even a multi nozzle mod) and then we'll test them out and see what's best.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:22 am

The tech team is just me but everyone at the base is currently helping perform the mods (they were just sitting around watching me the lazy bums :goofy: )

Marauder I have come up with a concept for the Heavy SC 600's you requested, 50psi LRT chamber and a hose quick connect attached to the valve allowing you swap between a set of custom nozzles and the filler quickly. I can have the first gun ready before the end of tomorrow if you want.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:40 am

My team already retreated back to base without losing anyone else (the other 3 people will be back in the game later today). Since we are at the base, I can help mod the SC 600s. I think drilling the nozzle to 2.4mm (splashzooka/ultimate explorer size) would increase range and output a bit until storm can overhaul them.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Darth, I need you to get with Nemesis (pm him) and try to work out what you saw when you were ambushed. Talked to all your squad and find out what they saw. I need to know the enemy's capabilities. Have Nemesis brief the intel group (make a post) on why you were ambushed and what weapons they had. While he's telling us all the info you can be reorganizing your team and filling balloons for a counter attack. Then if you have time help Storm. We need to punish them for the ambush, but first we need to know what we are up against.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:18 pm

We know north has at least 4 WBLs, and being a tree house is hard to attack except from the forest. I do not know any of the other details since we stayed far away. Nemesis, do you want to command one of the other squads? If you need more information, I think we might want to scout out south base instead of north. I do not think my squad should scout as much because we have to stay near QFDs.

We do know what the 20 people from North that attacked us were armed with:
Flash Flood X5
Arctic Blast X5
Max-D 6000 X8
XP 150 X2
None of these were modded from what we can tell. Since they seem to have a lot of Max-Ds, we can count of the occasional trigger failure.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:20 pm

I had just finished placing the quick connect on the first SC 600 when Darthmeow's tried squad returned to inform us of the ambush and since the glue needed drying I loaded up and set out to avenge 2 unanswered kills by the north. As I speak I am currently trying to overtake a noisy northern patrol celebrating the first victory of the year. I plan on ambushing them with both hydro bomb's

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Good new and bad news,

First the good news I just smashed the town's longstanding record set by Bob Duke former east-side commander of 4 kills in 30 seconds set back in 2004 with his Splashzooka with my own 5 person kill-streak.

and now the bad news,
My attack put north-side border patrols on high alert and I am trapped behind lines with the entire northern team searching for me, also dawn is coming fast.
Last edited by the oncoming storm on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 am

The next one of these really needs to be more structured, so the DM controls the clock, gives players situations, and maybe use a probability program or plain old 10 coin flips to determine outcomes. For example, say the DM tells you that there is an enemy force in the town, so you take your team to scout, but do it a bit carelessly. The DM flips a coin to see if the enemy tries an ambush, and then perhaps it's 60% likely to succeed, and flip 10 coins to see. If at least 6 are heads, you get ambushed, but how badly? Again, depends on how you deployed. The DM could go person by person by position in the formation using coins and find out who lives and if any enemies are shot. That kind of thing.

I made a lot of diagrams for what I want to do, but this is moving too quickly and is hard to jump into, especially when outcomes are being randomly supplied and aren't really based on your deployments and moves.

The proposal for my team (will need to be ok'd by Ben):

10 veteran players, 5 pairs for movement purposes

Pair 1
Kirk CPS 2000
Strengths: Stealth, evasion, hiding, situational awareness, dodging, tactical knowledge
Weaknesses: Has leadership potential but is uncharismatic
Other: Works well with Marauder and Daniel

Daniel CPS 2000
Strengths: Strength, speed, endurance, stealth, situational awareness, tactical knowledge, charisma
Weaknesses: Dodging
Other: Works well with Marauder and Kirk

Pair 2
Mike CPS 1500
Strengths: Speed, aggressive attacker
Weaknesses: Patience, endurance

Dan G CPS 2500
Strengths: Speed, aggressive attacker
Weaknesses: Patience

Pair 3
Robin CPS 1200
Strengths: Speed, balloon throwing, tactical knowledge, leadership
Weaknesses: Endurance, patience

David CPS 2500
Strengths: Speed, agility
Weaknesses: Brash

Pair 4
Colin CPS 1200
Strengths: Endurance, tactical knowledge
Weaknesses: Speed

Pyro P CPS 1500
Strengths: Endurance, strength, speed
Weaknesses: Tactical awareness, level of commitment varies depending upon who he's paired with

Pair 5
Jay CPS 2000
Strengths: Stealth, rushing, flanking
Weaknesses: Decision-making, risk-taking

Me/Rob CPS 2000
Strengths: Speed, agility, dodging, toughness, situational awareness, predicts enemy movement
Weaknesses: Endurance, inconsistent attacker

Also, I think given the setup of this squad, it is best used on deep offense, to perform hit-and-run attacks on enemies across the map to thin their numbers. Not to actually attack any bases, just to draw weaker opponents into matchups they will lose. I will back up any other friendly unit within reasonable supporting distance, but it is not the most optimal use. I'd like to avoid long firefights and battles hovering in the same spot, as I've configured the guns for offensive power and not so much for field life.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:21 am

Rob, your request has been approved.

Your squad is set up more or less how I had the Long Patrol during the later Vermin Wars. The main body of the army would engage the enemy in more obvious positions, eg a neutral flag in the middle of the battlefield, defending our base, or blocking the enemy from crossing the creek. Meanwhile, the Long Patrol would swing around the edge of the battlefield and hammer the enemy from behind, either seizing their base, flags, or smashing into the main enemy body from their vulnerable flank or rear while the enemy was engaged with the main body of Red Scorpion. Pyro P once ran 2 miles straight with a fully loaded Colossus (3200) and his SC 500 while the rest of us had non backpacked CPS. Dude could go for miles.

The Soaker has requested to be leader of the heavy weapons squad, and I've approved of that as well.

Anyway, I completely agree with Rob's assessment of this thread and being able to tell what's going on. B Man did a great job setting this thread up with a back story, but we are jumping all over the place, and there's no real statistical chance involved in deciding the outcomes.

B Man, would you rather be a member on the team and let Dux or myself run the thread? It would be set up where everyone would have an important roll, but it would be more organized.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:36 am

I'm going to take the time together to put together Echo Squad now.

Josh
Strengths: Stealth, tracking
Weaknesses: Doesn't always take initiative
Equipment: CPS 4100

Assistant Team Leader: Joe
Strengths: Stealth, endurance, strength, tracking, toughness
Weaknesses: Over confident, can over commit leaving teammates vulnerable
Equipment: Flash Flood with PC expansion, ghillie suit

Sam
Strengths: Stealth
Weaknesses: Doesn't always take the initiative
Equipment: I am loaning out my Gorgon to Sam

Team Leader: Psycho Josh
Strengths: Endurance, Situational awareness, toughness, charisma
Weaknesses: Overly confident
Equipment: CPS 1200, SS 100 mk2

Paul
Strengths: Defensive and offensive positioning, charisma
Weaknesses: Dodging
Equipment: Firefly, but I'm loaning out my Blazer to him

Gunny
Strengths: Strength, speed, endurance, stealth, balloon throwing
Weaknesses: Not much of a team player
Other: works well with Shaft
Equipment: XP 240 with nozzle mod, waterballoons

Shaft
Strengths: Endurance, stealth, tracking, predicts enemy movement, balloon throwing
Weaknesses: Not much of a team player
Other: works well with Gunny
Equipment: CPS 21k, waterballoons

I'm going to have to see who else I want to put with this group. This is not a very heavy hitting group, firepower wise, but it does contain some of the best trackers and smartest players we have available. Most of these characters are based on people I know in real life, and I think this team would be an excellent recon team. I want to fill out the remaining spots with more firepower. Joe was a beast with the Flash Flood. He once crawled about a mile around a big open field just to get behind the enemy base to take a flag. Yeah, he was THAT guy. Also, I like Rob's idea of buddy teams. I will be implementing that on this team too.

This is the group that I SHOULD have had scouting (well in my original post I said about half the team was out on patrol) to make a report, with Darth Meow's team closer to base and ready to launch a quick counter strike at a moment's notice.

B-man

Post by B-man » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:24 pm

Great job!!! I would like to be in the team not sure what squad yet. Either of you can run the thread since your both more experienced than me.
GET SOAKED

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:43 am

Alright, I'm going to take over as DM then. I will be using randomizer.org to determine several things.

1) How many people on your squad are there that day. Let's face it, we aren't going to have all 100 people at once.
2) Enemy attack power (weighted by # of enemy and how powerful the blasters are)
3) Friendly attack power (weighted by # of friendlies, how powerful blasters are, and YOUR tactical decisions)
Some other things that are in the works.

SO, here's our current situation
West - 8 points, North - 3 points, East - unknown, South - unknown

We need to decide are we going to keep attacking North or do we need to explore our other options. I know some of you have some idea on things because you were on this team before, but we need to find out more about our enemies and come up with a plan of attack. We need a grand strategy. I do not see East as much of a threat since they are all the way across town. This is the end of day 1 of the scenario. Tonight I want to have a meeting with all of you. I'll take suggestions on our next move before deciding.

So, give me your suggestions for our next move, then we will play it out.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:01 am

We need to scout the remaining teams cause as of right now we don't know a single thing about either of them.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:31 am

I can scout out south or east if anyone wants. Also, during the break in battle, my team colossused the big trouble, disabled the PRV, and mounted a 5X conical nozzle on it, so range is around 40 feet now. I am also switching to using my power pak as my sidearm, and replacing the 150 on my team with another power pak. I noticed the respawn time is now 24 hours. Can I assign sidearms to my team?

Edit:
I am going to scout out south base. I took my 21K and power pak, and the team members armed with modified big trouble and the Monster 01. We headed south and are watching south base from near the sand pit and beach. They do not have guards at the base, but I saw a patrol of ten people armed with Vindicators, 1200s,1000s, and 2100s. I think the best plan of attack is from the sea. The base is only about 5 feet from the water, so we could approach from the water and attack them from behind. Storm, can you reinforce our 300s, 3000s, and Pool Pumpers so they can use the ocean as a reservoir and are safe to submerge in water? If not, a boat attack would work if we have a boat of any kind.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Alright, I didn't get as much input as I wanted, but it's time to make a decision. We are going to check out the South territory. I don't want us to be noticed so we aren't sending the whole force.

To ALL Squad Members
If you see enemy forces and you think it's best to initiate contact, tell me, but do not say how many you hit, how many hits you've taken, etc. I will use probability methods to determine that. Just tell me the enemy forces you see and what your plan of attack is, then I will tell you how the initial attack went and give you the opportunity to make adjustments. Also, probability and dice rolling may let me know that you've been ambushed. I will let you know if that happens. I am now using probability and random chance to determine how many of your squad members you have available. I will note that in your orders.

Write down your plan for this mission and then play out the initial movement and write what you find. Do not return to base after making your post. Let's play!

Darth Meow take your squad and scout out the area due north (12 o'clock if you look at it like a clock) of their base. Your primary objective is to identify any defensive positions leading up to the fort and to find out how easy it is to approach the enemy fort from this direction and how much cover and concealment is available along the way. Your secondary objective is to destroy any targets of opportunity, e.g. slash waterballoons, dump out containers of water, and capture equipment. Do not reveal yourselves unless you absolutely have to. Do not leave any trace as to where you came from.
Six members of your squad showed up for the mission: Darth Meow (tell me if you are bringing your Colossus or 275, but no zook), Nemesis (CPS 2000 + binos), Delta 3 (Monster X), D4 (XP 150), D5 (SS 300), D6 (Power Pak)

Nemesis, you will accompany Darth Meow, but I want you to take 2 guys on the team and some binoculars and be scouting the horizon for enemy forces. Tell me which 2 you will have with you out of the teammates listed above (d3-d6) but don't stray very far from Darth Meow and the other 2 guys, stay within eyesight. If the squad takes contact I want Darth Meow to immediately set up defensive operations or a counter attack, but I'm going to need you to be the one to call or text me to let me know what's going on. Then join in the fight.

the Soaker, you are now in charge of Bravo Squad. I want you to take Bravo Squad due South to the Bay. Your job is to find out if the enemy (team South) has any outposts or equipment caches directly on or near the bay. They could have access to watercraft for all we know. If Darth Meow's squad gets in trouble and the fight looks like it will be a prolonged one you will bring your heavy weapons up from the south and crush the enemy from behind.
Six of your squad showed up: the Soaker, SS 300, CPS 2000, 2 CPS 2700s, CPS 3000.

B-Man, I am putting you in charge of Echo Squad. Psycho Josh will now be your 2nd in command. You will be traveling incognito on this mission! That means no camo and no blasters in the open. I want you to go due east into town and try to identify where the neighborhoods stop being friendly to our team and become more friendly to team south. Also find out what the terrain is like - is it a lot of apartments? Are there any parks? Do they have natural water sources like streams? Are there any public water sources? Is this a crime filled area or is it safe to travel through at night? Walk with your teammates on foot, but have some travel behind you in the car with all your blasters. If Darth Meow, who is closest to the enemy base, comes into contact with the enemy and needs reinforcements you will take everyone and drive to the edge of town closest to team south's base, park the car, and then dismount and reinforce Darth Meow.
B-Man, your squad has a strength of 7 for this mission: B-Man, Psycho Josh (1200), Paul (Blazer), Sam (Gorgon), Gunny (XP 240 +balloons), Shaft (CPS 21k), Josh (CPS 4100)

The Oncoming Storm, I need you to take the launchers squad and get more information on team north's launchers, etc. Gather what additional info you can on enemy technology. Take only a few launchers so that you're not too slow if you have to retreat. I trust you to not get into close range contact. Just use your binos and gather information, and then at the end of the day once it's about to get dark feel free to launch some rounds off at the enemy base. Launching an attack at dusk can inflict casualties with minimal risk to our team and it can also serve as a diversion, word will get out that we are still concerned with team North and haven't concerned ourselves with team South lately.
Your squad has a team of 4 showing up for duty: the Oncoming Storm, launcher + XP 150, launcher + Ultimate Explorer, CPS 21k, CPS 12k

Duxburian, your mission is to find out what amount of fighting is taking place between team South and team West. I don't care how you go about it, but find all the clues you can concerning contact between the two teams, where the zones of control are, where the disputed territory is, water sources, key terrain aspects, caches, etc. It is most important that you do not initiate contact and reveal our position. I am hoping that we can use this information to play our enemies against each other even more in order to take the attention off ourselves. Destroy or seize any caches you find. I'm sure they will think it was South or East that did it. If the rest of our forces get in trouble I may need you to make an attack from the least likely position we'd be (from the east). Basically smash the enemy line and push through them so that the rest of the team can either fall back to the base or advance and destroy the enemy.
Rob, your squad has a strength of 8: Duxburian (CPS 2000), Jay (CPS 2000), Kirk (CPS 2000), Daniel (CPS 2000), Robin (CPS 1200), David (CPS 2500), Mike (CPS 1500), Dan G (CPS 2500)

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Just to brag I will say that my WBL is a 2" double barreled combustion weapon I "made" for a school project last fall that can fire 6 RPM. Anyway moving out...

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Got it. The easiest plan of attack is by sea, but attacking from the east could also be effective. I will send D4 (150) and D6 (power pak) to scout out the area, along with Nemesis. We saw that the base has several QFDs, and 5 gallon buckets for refilling. Should they take the QFDs and empty the buckets or only observe? Also, the patrol of 10 people is still nearby, should we summon backup, attack, or stay hidden?