compass town

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: compass town

Post by marauder » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 am

I meant please tell me who all I have on my team other than the members on this board. Like, give me a list of some fictional characters to make up the rest of the 100, like name and blasters/equipment available and maybe something about them.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

B-man

Post by B-man » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:47 pm

thanks but that might take awhile. also where do you want me to place nemesis?
GET SOAKED
:)

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:06 pm

You could take the character list from here
http://www.waterwar.net/site_wwn/board/topic6278.html

Then that would give you less characters to create on your own. I'm not sure where I'm putting Nemesis as of yet, but it's great to have him on the team, especially with a 2000.

In the mean time, Darth Meow's squad can conduct their intel gathering patrol. Darth Meow, go ahead and play as your character and let us know how the patrol goes. B-man, as the DM (dungeon master/narrator) feel free to throw some challenges or interesting things Darth Meow's way on the patrol to help move this along. This is going to be fun!
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:40 pm

I will start by laying 500 mines and placing a few motion detectors on the approaches to the base to improve defences.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Okay, for this patrol, I will take just a splashzooka and patrol with 15 people. If possible, I would like someone with a 2000, and someone with a 300 on my team. I will take this patrol north. I also want to position 2 people with water cannons or stream machines close to the area we are searching, for long range support.

B-man

Post by B-man » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Make sure you check for more chapters :goofy:

CHAPTER 2
Delta squad is patrolling with 10 men when they are ambushed by 20 South . Delta squad loses three men instantly and so the first battle of the summer begins...
Last edited by B-man on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
GET SOAKED

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:46 pm

@The Oncoming Storm, you gotta explain how these mines work.

@Darthmeow, awesome. Your squad has 10 people. I'll give you half of another squad to accompany you. We have water cannons and stream machines back at the base, but I want you to patrol well beyond firing range of the base. We already know everything around the base. I'm sure in some ways we know a lot about the surrounding area since we all live in this town, but I want you to map out water sources, possible hiding locations, anything of note.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Actually, I am fine with 10 people. How exactly do I map out water sources (do I choose places to put the water sources or refer to the map)?

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:00 am

You could either do that in paint or some graphics editing software, or you could just describe it and B-man, or myself with B-man's permission could put it on there. Sources of water could include streams, even ditches, faucets we previously didn't know about, things like that. Maybe you'll come across an enemy scout or 2, I dunno. That's the fun of an RPG, anything can happen!

If you come across enemy forces I trust your personal judgement in terms of how to respond. Back up is available upon request.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:31 am

mines are 0.5 L soda bottles with small holes drilled in them so they spray up when you step on them

I described them in a previous post

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:02 am

Okay. My squad found that the north base has 4 people guarding it armed with XP 150s and 310s. Since it is a tree house they have a good view of anyone approaching, so we stayed behind one of the nearby buildings. One guard with a 310 spotted us and attacked, but I hit him with my Splashzooka. We headed back to base before anyone else spotted us. The base has at least 4 WBLs, and is very well defended, but it does not seem to be defended from behind so we might be able to attack from the forest.

If I can chose who is on my team:

Josh
Strengths: Stealth, tracking
Weaknesses: Doesn't always take initiative
Equipment: CPS 4100

Austin
Strengths: Experience
Weaknesses: Over confident
Equipment: CPS 2000
Other: Works well with milo

Milo
Strengths: General athleticism
Weaknesses: Inexperience
Equipment: loaner (colossus, XXP 275 or speed loader 3000)
Other: works well with Austin

I can make some more player profiles like these also if you want.

B-man

Post by B-man » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:42 pm

I posted chapter 2 (hint you were ambushed) also,
darthmeow wrote:I can make some more player profiles like these also if you want.
That would be appreciated.

Marauder where do you want me to place Nemesis?
GET SOAKED

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:09 pm

*Game*
Darth Meow, Josh would be better suited to a unit that travels long distance and goes through the woods, since he's such an excellent tracker. By being QFD heavy your squad has become more suited for short range urban missions, so I'm going to deny your request for Josh. You can have Austin and Milo, that 2000 will come in handy.

There is disagreement between Darth Meow's report and what B Man says happened. So, for sake of keeping things clear, B Man please post new chapters as posts instead of editing your original post. That way we can tell what's going on. Thanks!

According to B Man, Darth Meow's Delta Squad was ambushed and lost 3 players instantly. I think Darth Meow's assessment of the enemy and other things should still count. Let's say you hit the guard with the 310 and eliminated him, then began returning back to the base and were ambushed by 20 enemy as B Man wrote up. So, B Man if you are cool with that, it looks like the current score (if it counts) is West 1 and North 3. Delta Squad would be down to 7 men from 10, and facing 20 enemy. Darth Meow, I'm not going to tell you what to do in that situation since according to the story I haven't been notified yet of the ambush, and you're probably too busy fighting them off to call for back up yet. What is your plan of action now that you've been ambushed? Also, if you want to rename Delta Squad you can.

@BMan-Nemesis. I haven't decided where I want Nemesis yet, but for now I sent him out with Darth Meow as temporary 2nd in command of Delta Squad. He is one of the 7 that survived and is fighting back. So, Nemesis, let us know how your part of the battle is going!

*input*

I think that with 100 players it might be easier to just use a guns list rather than making a huge list of characters all at once. We can create characters for those guns later, but by assigning guns to units we can play a lot better for the time being cuz we will know what we are fighting with. So, I'm going to assign some guns to a few of my squads.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with my dream team or with something more challenging, so I guess I met in the middle and drew more on my experience in past water wars than anything else.

Foxtrot Squad - CPS 2000, CPS 2500, Monster X, XXP 275, CPS 12k, 2 XP 150s, SC 600, WWF Stone Cold, XP 270
Golf Squad - CPS 2700, 4 CPS 1200s, Blazer, 2 Max D 6000s, Colossus, XP 70
Hotel Squad - CPS 2500, 2 CPS 1500s, 3 CPS 4100s, CPS 1000, Lightning, SC 500, Firefly
India Squad - 3 CPS 2500s, 3 CPS 21ks, Vindicator, Tigershark, 2 Colossi
Juliet Squad - CPS 2000, 2 CPS 1500, 2 CPS 2100s, 2 SC 600s, Ultimate Explorer, 2 XP 150

I would love to upgrade the arsenal later and do some modifications, but we don't have the resources or the time to do that yet. While we are at it, I need to put my player profile up.

Marauder
Equipment: CPS 2000, XP Pool Pumper Blaster, Gorgon, Blazer, SC 600, camo covers, various other equipment which will be described later
Strengths: Charisma, endurance, stealth, aggressive attacks
Weaknesses: Defensive positioning, can become isolated risky attacks

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:18 am

with our team weapons now at the base and the minefield laid I can doing some quick mods to improve our overall water-power

modifications
CPS 2500s 20x enlarged to 30x,
XXP 275 dual 5x replacing fans,
CPS 12k new 5x conical nozzle shooting 50',
WWF Stone Cold 2x nozzle drill 37',
XP 270 2x nozzle drill 37'
CPS 2700 2x replaced by 30x
Max D 6000s smallest nozzle replaced by 5x,
3 CPS 4100s fan replaced by riot-blast
CPS 21ks new 5x conical nozzle shooting 50'
Vindicator smallest nozzle replaced by 10x,

later the 1000 and other 1200's will be K modded but I was focused on quick upgrades all this took about a half hour.

B-man

Post by B-man » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:27 am

I am still going to make player profiles because I like doing it that way also if anyone would like to help with that it would speed things up.
CHAPTER 3
One afternoon when West's leaders are discussing strategy in the bunker South launches a surprise attack with 50 men. Wests team defends from inside the bunker but defense is weak and west needs to do something quick...
GET SOAKED

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:13 am

Okay, my team has returned to base. I will send someone good at dodging and quick to lead the 50 people towards the minefield. Can the 3 people who were hit build, mod, or repair at the base while they wait?

Also, here is a list of possible weapons for my squad.

CPS 2000 (Austin)
Colossus (milo)
Monster X (original 2000 version with better nozzles)
Monster 01
Splashzooka
Speed loader 3000
Big trouble
XP 150
SS 300
CPS 2700
Last edited by darthmeow on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B-man

Post by B-man » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:50 am

I am going to say Yes for now. Also feel free to chose or make some water warriors.
Last edited by B-man on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
GET SOAKED

B-man

Post by B-man » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:58 am

Marauder where do you want me to put nemesis!?!
GET SOAKED

B-man

Post by B-man » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:05 am

Second most replies in fan fiction. Whoo-Hoo!
GET SOAKED

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:54 am

no, not even close, the tempest rises holds the record by a wide margin over 20 pages followed by some other tempest war that had 11 pages