compass town

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: compass town

Post by marauder » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:36 pm

Thanks for the report Darth Meow, just stay put until I get word from the other patrols. If there's nothing else going on I may call for a joint attack on the 10 person enemy patrol. If you can take the QFDs and empty the buckets without being spotted then do it!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:40 pm

I have a good view of the North base from my current position their WBL's aren't much to fear, just a one man slingshot and 5 massive Doucinator V2's
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:45 pm

How many people can you see currently defending the base? If you can't see everything you may want to "cloverleaf," or try to view it from another position before falling back to whichever is strongest. It sounds like they have more people than your squad but it also sounds like they aren't paying attention.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Okay, my team has taken the QFDs and emptied the buckets, and I do not think anyone saw us. We are all near the sand pit again. The patrol is just south of the center of the town.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:19 am

I am in position and we see 3 large storage containers. Also on the beach there are 5 inflatable rafts that seem to be powered by electric trolling motors. If someone could go in and take the batteries from them then they would be a lot slower and less maneuverable. We are holding our position.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Don't take anything from the rafts. We don't want them to know that we were there. Instead, I'm sending a team of 4 from the base to bring you some waterproof tracking devices. We only have 3, so place them on the boats that look like they will be used the most. Try to hide them in the least conspicuous place possible. If you have to use some duct tape to cover it up and make it look like something else then do it. We need to map out their routes!!!

The team should be there in 15 minutes, so try to mill about the beach area unconspicuously until your contacts reach you.

Storm, go ahead and begin a diversionary artillery bombardment of North's base.

DarthMeow, I have a change of mission for you. Good job emptying out those water sources. Now head North, as if you were team South heading to attack North's base. If at all possible try to find out what routes are used by South to attack North, and how often they are used. Destroy targets of opportunity along the way. Let us know what you find!

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Slowly raises his barrel to 45 "thunk", "thunk" every one else follows suit catching defenders completely by surprise...
(we have a total of 70 rounds, so we should be able to bombard them continuously for as long as 25-35 minutes if you wish)

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:27 pm

How large are the trackers sir?

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:20 pm

A squad of 4 have just brought you the gps trackers, they are about 2 inches by 2 inches black.

The first round of the WBL assault hits 1 enemy defender with a Colossus, scoring a point and eliminating him for the day. The rest of the defenders hit the deck and take cover. Do you choose to shift positions and fire from somewhere else or continue firing from your current point? The advantage of staying is your rate of fire. The advantage of moving is not allowing the enemy to pinpoint your position. It can also cause the to think there's more than 1 group.

I have not heard back from Duxburian, B-Man, or Darth Meow. I hope they haven't run into trouble.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:02 am

I'm ordering the other WBL's in my squad to encircle the base so that it seems their are more of us. Also let us know if they radio for reinforcements.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:55 am

Not in trouble (yet), should my team retreat or help place the trackers?

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:16 am

We used epoxy and duct tape to put the trackers on the stern below the waterline on 3 of the boats.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Report out of ammo, returning to base.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:37 am

I wanted to keep running this RPG, but several key members never got involved or stopped. If you can get Duxburian to join, and some of the other guys to say they wanna keep playing then im in.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:45 pm

I spent way too much time drawing moves on the map and stuff, then figured it wasn't worth the time. I wish there were a "share mind" button the way you can share screens, because it would express exactly what moves I want to make with no confusion or time wasted. Maybe I'll finish up a drawing after scouting abandoned places tomorrow.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:00 pm

I am happy to help if anyone wants, I could lead one of the other squads or be the narrator.

DX, I also wish the share mind button existed for planning RPGs like this.