OPERATION BRUSHFIRE, Phase 1: We are Not Alone

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

OPERATION BRUSHFIRE, Phase 1: We are Not Alone

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:20 pm

This is going to be my first ever tactical exercise series. It will be like a campaign in that this exercise will have multiple phases. Phase 1 is going to be up for a while so that everyone who wants to join in cant start from the beginning. If for some reason you missed this phase and want to join in later, that's fine too.

Phase 1: We Are Not Alone
It was a normal, lazy Saturday morning. Sleep in late. Grab some breakfast. No, scratch that, it's already past 10:30. One of your good friends, we'll call him X (it can be anyone on your team) is coming over around noon to work on your new APH design. You pick up the phone and decide to call to see if he wants to come over early and get an early start. You'll order a pizza.

Over lunch X breaks some crazy news to you. Last night while looking up designs for home made pumps X stumbled across another message board. "You mean like an old community like the Men In Black, or some kind of way old bravenet message forum for a now dead site like GNG?" That's not what X found at all. It was a major message forum, an entire community just like WWN, but at least twice as large. The tech section was huge. X stumbled across designs for waterballoon crossbows, a gasoline powered river cannon, and even CAD drawings of stock replacement parts. But it wasn't all good. X shoves down a slice of jalepeno bacon, his favorite, before continuing. There was an entire smack talk thread dedicated to how much they hate us. "What?" You're not sure whether to be offended or to laugh.

"They think we're all a bunch of loons and hardcore wannabes. They thought it was really funny that some of the guys at MOAB were wearing facepaint."

"It's not like we always do that."

"No, like last weekend at the pool, but they don't do that. It's completely different over there. Oh, they play the same games as we do, but if they have to head into the woods, or if you want to take some canoes out on the lake, forget about it. Basically, they have their own version of the league, and it's very popular. Most of the time they meet at parks, soccer fields, baseball fields, and set up bunkers. It's kind of like speedball, but more spread out and they do go in the woods some."

Wow, this was crazy. A new community? Seriously? You finished up the pizza and got to work on the APH. After five hours of hard work your APH was just about finished. "Just gotta let the glue dry." X had gone home, but he had sent you the link to the new community. Wet and Wild Water Blaster Enthusiasts. It was pretty bad. Sure, the boards were full of new posts, and a lot of important content, but there was a lot of nasty stuff being said. There were deleted posts and blocked posters everywhere. Everything seemed a lot less laid back, and the WWN topic was completely full of absolutely disgusting remarks and memes.

X had already broken the news over on the WWN boards. Reactions were mixed. Some members were excited over the new technology. Others were excited that there was another, even larger, group of people having watergun fights out there. But most people were not impressed. "Another group of NIC minded conformists? No thanks, not interested in joining." M4 wrote back. But no matter what some people thought, the news was broken, and there was no way the 2 communities were going to stay separate. And the initial welcome was not a pleasant one.

Weeks went by and things had turned even more sour. The W3BE admins had officially welcomed all WWN members to W3BE events, but crossover members, like all new members were put on probationary status until they could prove their "worth." The arrogance was dumbfounding, and yet, perhaps most surprising of all was the number of W3BE members who were crossing over to join WWN. Apparently not everyone was a douchebag, but a majority of the board was still hostile.

WWN Admins and Moderators initially reached out the proverbial olive branch to W3BE. It was great that there was another group of water warfare enthusiasts out there. Why not encourage it? But the response the admin team got back was cold. WWN had offered to host 3 joint all day water wars as a sort of meet and greet. One in New York, one in Los Angelos, and the other in Vancouver. The proposal was dead upon arrival. However, W3BE counter offered. A weekend long series of battles between the two communities. After all, there was no way WWN would be able to compete with their silly WWN League and 9 person battles.

The offer was on the table. Initially many members of the community had been ambivalent about the situation, but after the poor treatment of crossover members both on the boards and at W3BE events something had to be done. X lead the way, "We can stick to ourselves all we want, and hope that we attract new members based off the positive atmosphere of the board, but I'm not one to turn away from a challenge. In fact, I relish the idea of putting a beatdown on these clones."

It was officially decided, we would be raising an army to compete with the W3BE clones. It was going to be the biggest hardcore battle ever and everyone wanted to join in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your task is going to be to organize WWN and prepare the team for battle. I will be posting a list of everyone under your command along with their strengths and weaknesses, blasters, etc. as submitted by everyone who wanted to be a part of this. If I didn't get to you, feel free to post a reply here with your assessment of yourself as a water warrior so that everyone else can include you on their team!

I will post the team roster in a few hours. I will also be releasing some rules of the upcoming fight and details about the location, but not a lot is known about that yet. Put together some type of organization for the team and write a response on how you'll prepare everyone over the next 2 weeks for the big battle!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Re: OPERATION BRUSHFIRE, Phase 1: We are Not Alone

Post by HBWW » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:18 pm

W3BE must've been on Tor for quite a long time to stay hidden from us so well, lol. Other than that oddity, a good scenario/background story.

My plan would stay simple. Glean all information of value on the forums and repost/link to it on WW's admin forum for further assessment. (Or better yet, setup a new forum, limited to regular community war attendees and longtime members.) Should the rivalry cause problems, send spies to the W3BE forums to gather info on events. Attend said events with WW's League army. Perhaps a Catskill Mountain SEALs + SSLF alliance? Of course, this is just an alternative means to confrontation; for now, the organized event will do.

Recruiting is the big challenge here; the most important will be experienced fighters from DX and M4, but they seem as likely as I could to assemble a team.

Don't have many ideas yet. All I know is the obvious: pair M4 and DX, SEAL bros, and train together. Gather war-practical materials and plans. AP water cannons and various homemades to be expected. Consider the practicality of secret WBL research projects, or just use W3BE's WBL info if useful.

Lastly, find some way to get iSoaker involved in all this, lol. Maybe we could get more Goblins and find something else to do with them other than as flags. =p
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:20 am

The battlefield is being reported as a large wooded park with a large pond in one corner and a swamp in the other, with a small traversable stream in between them. Woods are being reported as sporadic and varrying from dense brush to open meadow with scattered trees in high grass. There are several buildings and trails at the park. Expect a map reconnaissance to be complete in a day or 2 once one of your teammates comes back from visiting the area. The enemy wants to play 2hk.

You are the commander, here's your team. Organize them as you see fit. Some weapons may need to be cached. Other weapons may need to be loaned out. You may end up making adjustments once you actually get to see the battlefield, that's to be expected, but you need to start getting your team ready immediately. If you don't see your name listed below simply post your character's assessment with your reply!

SEAL
Strengths: Strength, endurance, dodging
Weaknesses: Speed, somewhat clumsy, Haven't perfected the art of rushing yet, Gets dopey without enough nourishment and sleep
Equipment: CPS 2000 MK2, CPS 1500, CPS 12K, Water balloons, Water bottles, Pocket knife, Binoculars, Shades

Soakinader
Strengths: Ability to carry multiple guns and equipment, strategizing
Weaknesses: speed, dodging
Equipment: primary - CPS 1500 with 3x nozzle, but drove tot he war in a truck full of CPS tech eg Vindicators, CPS 1000, 2500, 2000, etc. Go big or go home.

Darth Meow
Strengths: photographic memory
Weaknesses: bad at dodging, easily scared
Equipment: CPS 21k and Splashzooka

Atvan
Strengths: Endurance, ability to move over rough terrain, tactical awareness
Weaknesses: Slow, inarticulate, acuracy
Equipment: CPS 1200 and 12 waterballoons

Martian Shark
Strengths: Dodging, climbing, ambushing
Weaknesses: Endurance
Equipment: Gorgon

Nemesis
Strengths: stealth, climbing, ambushing
Weaknesses: speed, strength, dodging
Equipment: Cps 2000 in 3 point sling, Cps 1000 in 3 point sling, hornet in holster, 5 filled water balloons, 20 unfilled water balloons.

CA99
Strengths: general knowledge, tech skills, observation and emulation
Weaknesses: speed. endurance, situational awareness
Equipment: camo CPS 1500, 2x 2L bottles, 100 unfilled waterballoons, flashlight

the Oncoming Storm
Strengths: strength
Weaknesses: Speed, Endurance
Equipment: SS 300, sling, 100 waterballoons

Marauder
Strengths: Speed, Endurance, toughness, stealth, situational awareness, leadership
Weaknesses: Can over commit leaving teammates vulnerable, often neglects defensive assignments
Equipment: CPS 2000, 25 filled 100 unfilled waterballoons, 5 smoke bombs

Joe
Strengths: Stealth, endurance, strength, tracking, toughness
Weaknesses: Over confident, can over commit leaving teammates vulnerable
Equipment: Flash Flood and ghillie suit

Sam
Strengths: Stealth
Weaknesses: Doesn't always take the initiative
Equipment: loaner (needs gun)
Other: works well with Joe

Josh
Strengths: Stealth, tracking
Weaknesses: Doesn't always take initiative
Equipment: CPS 4100

Gunny
Strengths: Strength, speed, endurance, stealth, balloon throwing
Weaknesses: Not much of a team player
Equipment: XP 240 w nozzle mod + 200 balloons
Other: works well with Shaft

Shaft
Strengths: Endurance, stealth, tracking, predicts enemy movement, balloon throwing
Weaknesses: Not much of a team player
Equipment: CPS 21k, 200 balloons
Other: works well with Gunny

Pyro P
Strengths: Endurance, strength, speed
Weaknesses: Tactical awareness, level of commitment varies depending upon who he's paired with
Equipment: SC 500, 20 balloons, 20 smoke bombs

Kirk
Strengths: Stealth, evasion, hiding, situational awareness, dodging, tactical knowledge
Weaknesses: Has leadership potential but is uncharismatic
Equipment: SC 600 with LRT bladder and custom 8.5x nozzle
Other: Works well with Marauder and Daniel

Daniel
Strengths: Strength, speed, endurance, stealth, situational awareness, tactical knowledge, charisma
Weaknesses: Dodging
Equipment: CPS 1200 and SC 500
Other: Works well with Marauder and Kirk

Psycho Josh
Strengths: Endurance, Situational awareness, toughness, charisma
Weaknesses: Overly confident
Equipment: CPS 1200

Paul
Strengths: Defensive and offensive positioning, charisma
Weaknesses: Dodging
Equipment: Firefly

Duxburian
Strengths: Speed, agility, dodging, toughness, situational awareness, predicts enemy movement
Weaknesses: Endurance, inconsistent attacker,

impatient with slow and inexperienced players
Equipment: CPS 2000, CPS 1200

Robin
Strengths: Speed, balloon throwing, tactical knowledge, leadership
Weaknesses: Endurance, patience
Equipment: CPS 1500

Jay
Strengths: Stealth, rushing, flanking
Weaknesses: Decision-making, risk-taking
Equipment: loaner

Court
Strengths: Speed
Weaknesses: Coordination, situational awareness
Equipment: SC 600

Cliff
Strengths: General athleticism
Weaknesses: Desire for but inability to handle authority
Equipment: Flash Flood

Zach
Strengths: Tactical knowledge
Weaknesses: Endurance, speed, strength
Equipment: XP 310

Logan
Weaknesses: Decision-making, seriousness, toughness, spatial awareness

Colin
Strengths: Endurance, tactical knowledge
Weaknesses: Speed

John
Weaknesses: Experience, Decision-making, toughness
Other: Works well with Cliff

Patrick
Strengths: Endurance, competence
Weaknesses: Speed, agility, toughness, spatial awareness
Other: Works well with Cliff

Chris
Strengths: Tactical knowledge
Weaknesses: Speed, agility, mood

Mike
Strengths: Speed, agressive attacker
Weaknesses: Patience, endurance

David
Strengths: Speed, agility
Weaknesses: Brash

Dan G
Strengths: Speed, aggressive attacker
Weaknesses: Patience

Dan N
Strengths: Speed, endurance
Weaknesses: Experience, patience

Belisaurius
Strengths: Endurance, Ambushing
Weaknesses: Agility
Equipment: Monster X
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:11 am

hey! i gave you my strengths, weaknesses and equipment.
BUT i'll post it.
Poseidon2000
Strengths: Endurance, Tactical Knowledge,Ability to carry multiple guns and equipment.
Weaknesses: Speed, Agility, Being too Obnoxious.
Equipment:CPS15K,powerpak as secondary, and a 3200 with just the pc filled. holster for powerpak.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:57 pm

I'm sorry guys but I've lost the access to the image editing program and the time to work on this map, so unless someone wants to make a map (feel free) this is going to be dead on arrival.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:33 am

Hold that thought! Working on a map as you speak... Just need a scale...
So I figure that the width of the battlefield is roughly 600 feet, up to 1km . Here is an unfinished sketch...
Swamp in the southeast corner, pond in the other, stream. Chainlink fence in the swamp, because it's really quite large! The pond is close to the road, and is cornered by a fence with some scrawny hedges. You might be able to hide behind one but it's pretty risky...
In the northwest, there is a bridge crossing the pond which is surrounded by many benches, there is also a washroom there. Not far from the pond is a narrow plank across the stream. The stream is about two feet lower than the ground at this point. At most places the stream is narrow enough that athletic and speed types could jump across. Other people can cross the stream but must move carefully to avoid falling in. No hasty retreats for them!
There are two main bridges: The eastern swamp bridge and the central bridge. Each bridge is a solid wooden structure with very thin gaps between the planks. The central bridge could hide 4-6 people crouching under it. The eastern bridge is lower and wider, but the area is marshy. You could crawl under it or stash weapons there. Between the two are some large rocks in the stream. The northern side of the stream is barren high ground with only one decent tree for cover. The southern side has tall grass that slopes steadily towards the stream but is a little soft. The area around the rocks is easy to traverse, but there could be enemies right around the corner.

So I have questions. What is the starting point? Also, I am going to assume that the W3 are going to take the north as their base/defensive position, seeing as they know this place best. It's the high ground with lots of cover. I just need to fill in the details on how good it is exactly...
I was thinking that there will be a parking lot somewhere in the mid-west edge of the park. It is off limits for fighting, rather a starting place maybe?
Another washroom somewhere in the south... what other buildings should there be?
What will the southwest look like?
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Well, if you drew the map I don't see why you can't say where you want the starting point. You could stand to fill in more details on the map, but it looks like a good start. I have no problems using parking lots for both fighting and starting points. People just naturally don't fight there even if it's an option. Add a dead tree forest with downed trees from a storm. That would be really cool to fight in.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:08 pm

oh and maybe an abandoned house that would be cool.
"The world is yours" - Nas

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:08 pm

Didn't you need me for something marauder?
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:58 am

Yeah, looks like I forgot to include you on this! If you want to be a character just list your little bio and we can add you to the game. I agree with Nemesis on an abandoned house. That's always fun.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Ok here:

TheSoaker:

Strengths:

. overflowing with morale
. Very strong for small size
. fast and agile
. a great shot with nearly any water blaster
. stealthy
. good leader
. knows many water blasters inside and out
. good at conserving water (most of the time)
. great vision
. great hearing

Weaknesses:
. has never fought with other pro water warriors because where he comes from he is the only pro water warrior but has a pretty good idea what to expect.

Equipment:
Secondary CPS 1200 K modded, custom nozzle/laminator
Primary:CPS 1500 steel reinforced pump shaft
Backup/sidearm storm 600 custom nozzle and tightened prv
Water balloons?

would like to command the heavy weapons team.
Last edited by TheSoaker on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:21 pm

What did you do to your Storm 600 nozzle? Also, do you think you would be able to drive a state or 2 away or fly to a war next year?

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:13 pm

I replaced its stock nozzle with the mid size nozzle from an old vindicator. And no I cant do Community wars yet but you have NO FLUPING IDEA of how bad I want to come.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:15 pm

you didn't list all my traits correctly

The Oncoming Storm,
Strengths: Mental toughness, Endurance, Learns quickly, Stealth, Rushing
Weaknesses: Overconfident, slightly a Jerk
Equipment: Gorgon (10x drilled), Sling, 15 small water balloons
Last edited by the oncoming storm on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:26 pm

That's pretty cool. I'd like to see how the nozzle change affected the blaster's performance. I love Storm pistols. They are so durable and have such great stream lamination. Did your mod affect stream lamination at all?

I meant next year when you're 18. It can be difficult to get the money to travel, but that's something that can be helped, and something I'm not talking about. I guess what I was looking for was 1 of 3 answers. First option is that you'll be fully responsible for yourself next year, your parents let you do what you want, and so it's more of a money or time issue as far as whether you can come or not. Second option is your parents still have some say in what you can and can't do but would be open to the idea of you flying or driving to a war. Third option is your parents pay for most everything you have and you still live at home and they won't let you go meet up with people out of state, despite being 18.

Stephen, you'll also be 18 next year, right? Which category do you fall in?

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Yeah it's a money/time issue but who knows maybe I will be able to by then.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:52 pm

One of the latter two, I'm not sure yet
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo: