Tactical scenario "swamp land"

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Tactical scenario "swamp land"

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:25 pm

You and 12 of your friends have been itching to have a serious water fight for some time and you just found a place that looks like it will be epic they have agreed to do a OHS battle lasting for 3 hours teams are

your team, 6 players
CPS 2000
CPS 2500 x2
CPS 1000k (45' range)
Super Soaker 300
XP 150
APWC
24" homemade Stream Machine 3x

VS

Enemy, 7 players
CPS 2000
CPS 3200 (better version 45')
CPS 2700
CPS 1200k x2
CPS 4100
XP 150 x4
WBL (300' range)
12" Stream Machine
Attachments
No bridges but can waded across
No bridges but can waded across
map J.JPG (13.52 KiB) Viewed 5524 times
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

the oncoming storm

Re: Tactical scenario "swamp land"

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:41 pm

I would split my force into 2 man units with two units heading to the island in front of them and the other unit taking up a position on their left side dead ahead of them. if no attack comes my men will advance up to the next island in the center patrolling the beaches until a scout with the XP 150 finds the enemy at which point we move towards them with the APWC providing cover fire as they ford into enemy held territory to hit them with the Stream Machines range and rate of fire once they near the shore before falling back to friendly territory untill time runs out.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:21 am

Which side does my team start on? Or do I get to choose? I would choose the left point, then seize the large island in the middle, posting up troops on all sides to watch out for the enemy. There is no way they could sneak up on us because of the water. Ideally, we would ambush them with the high-powered weapons (APWC, Stream Machines) when they get close. We could then hold them off from the safety of the trees. The WBL wouldn't do much good in that environment. Additionally, the water would cause their mobility to suffer (assuming it's 1-2 feet deep). Assuming we hold the lead, we can then shift to the defensive.

If my starting point is the other side, then I will probably stay on that island and follow the same strategy. It doesn't say if there are spawn points or what the respawn time is, but I don't think I would change my plan too much based on that.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:04 pm

This is a great idea for a scenario. Unfortunately, there's just not enough here (or too vague) to come up with much of a plan. This map would be easier to use if it was objective based. I mean, I may try to take the 3rd biggest island (the one in the middle) and try to trap the enemy out on the water between islands, but there's not a whole lot more I could do.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:07 am

I'd definitely try to exploit the limited mobility of anyone moving through the water. Assuming I have the homemades, I'd also take out the dip tubes and bring them to a water source for "infinite ammo" while trying to hold them off from an island. (I could theoretically do this with many blasters anyway, such as the 300.) Does risk getting flanked though, but I'd also be further back than with a Stream Machine. I wouldn't completely rule out the use of WBL's, especially if the team can secure an island and has enough players to hold off the beaches. (Pun intended, if anyone gets it.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat