The Tempest Returns

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

The Tempest Returns

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon May 13, 2013 8:37 pm

This is one of those story's like the tempest rises was on SSC anyone and everyone feel free to contribute to this story

People
Your WW.net Screen name and primary weapon/s
Friends may (and should) be added to boast numbers

Tempests numbering about 120 (may change If they become outnumbered)
Commander CPS 3200 (Just one :goofy: )
Elite grunt's CPS 2100k (numbering 12)
Grunt's Colossus 2 (numbering 95)
Scout's Renegade (numbering 12)

History, Vertigo Island having been devastated in the First Tempest war back in 2004-05 was quick to rebuild, and by now is back to the way things were before the war, Including the peaceful Isolation from everyone else and in fact the war has become regarded as legend.

Story beginning

Oncoming Storm was doing his typical patrol of 5 with his Gorgon looking for a fight, seeing some kids with an Arctic Shock, and Switch Shot he turned to talk to them. He tried to get them to realize than Water Warriors made much better blasters than Super Soaker at this time. He heard a house door open and close behind him, but thought nothing of it. "My Gorgon could beat both of your blasters at once" he said. SQUALL, SQUALL, SQUALL... he stopped talking when he heard this. knowing there were 3 Colossus 2's pointed at his back. Running he got about 20' before hearing a hissing sound behind him, he instinctively ducked and turned firing back at one of them hitting him, noticing an armband on them. he gave his Gorgon a pump and switched over to his 10x nozzle drill planning to charge at them. but then saw the kids off to the side coming at him with a hose, realising he couldn't win this fight he turned and ran. "After him" someone called. "Let him go! He isn't worth it!" someone else replied.

He rushed home in case they changed their minds and pursued, He got on WW.net and posted the Go-Pro video of the fight, DX was the first to coment. "Looks like tempest armband, I thought we had defeated them". Storm was worried by this revelation having fought a bitter guerrilla campaign against them during the tempest occupation of the North Island.

Ok, next person please start adding
Attachments
War.jpg
War.jpg (36.43 KiB) Viewed 7203 times
Last edited by the oncoming storm on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Nemesis

Re: The Tempest Returns

Post by Nemesis » Tue May 14, 2013 4:14 pm

Soo, what exactly are we supposed to do? Is it wwn vs the tempests?
"The world is yours" - Nas

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Yes, WW.net vs Tempests, Anyone can add to it, feel free to.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed May 15, 2013 12:28 am

Oh, I hope you don't mind, I am going to modify what guns the Tempest's have, they will get owned if we all have CPS and Hydro Power guns! By the way, what game type is it, OHK? Or is this one of those scenarios when one side wins when the other is thoroughly drenched? (please say the latter!)

After reading the news on waterwar.net, I immediately called my friend Sam, he's been right hand man in many past battles. "Come on, come on, pick up!"
"Hi, you have reach the voice mail for Sam..."
I Slammed down the rotary dial phone in my room. "Gosh darn it Sam!" That lug is probably playing Halo again!
At this rate, I know I would have to go get him. I filled up my Vindicator and shoved my trusty Helix into my pack. (so long as this is fiction, my Helix has been moded!) Peering out the front door, I could see that the Tempests were already patrolling the streets. I went to the back of my house and climbed out a window. I relized making a run for the car would be suicide, but the garage door was right by the side of the house. It was my best bet; I dashed to the garage and slowly opened the door enough to roll under it, before letting it back down.
I looked around, my bicycle would be to inconvenient, and I was not about to abandon my 1985 Fuji racing bike in some park. My eyes flashed across the row of scooters against the wall. Much as I would like to use my old Quick, I can't fit it in my pack without the folding mechanism. I had broken the mechanizm when I crashed into a curb dodging a WBL shot in the last war against the Tempest. I'll have to take the Razor With the Razor folded into my backpack, I slipped back under the door.
When I turned around I was staring straight down the barrel of a CPS 1500. "Don't move," the Tempest said, his voice ice cold. "Where do you think your going with all that water power? You'd better be on your way to sign up with the Tempests!"
"Water Power, Really? I though my puns were bad," I said.
"Alright fine, guess you'd rather get wet!"
The 1500 user lifted his gun up higher to aim at my face. Unfortunately for him he had made the mistake of getting close enough for me to grab his gun. I pushed the barrel of the 1500 up with left arm just as he pulled the trigger. I felt the stream skim the tips if my hair as the nozzle barely cleared my head. As the stunned 1500 user tried to back away, I pulled my cricket out of my cargo pocket and let him have it in the gut.

That is all I can write for now. I need to know what to do with this guy now. Is he out? Does he have to resown? Does he run for a towel streaking "I'm melting I'm melting!"?
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed May 15, 2013 7:04 am

Yes scott it is OHS, with a 24 hour respawn, also it's a spring and summer long war.
For those wondering where the tempests come from here is a link to the first story to include them The Tempest Rises on SSC http://www.sscentral.org/stories/rp1/

Storm after posting on WW.net Imediatly started calling his freinds, luckily 5 of them could come to the war. within minutes reinforcements started showing up his best friend Noah came with his CPS 1200 and Avenger, The Myers boys came and were handed an Explorer and his Gorgon. Finally almost 10 minutes later Josh and his two sisters showed up with a pair of Python 2, and Crickets. He briefed his squad on what had happened while everyone was Filling their guns, It was quickly decided not to stay at 5 seeing as it was being rapidly overrun by tempests. he slung the 300's backpack on and they quickly marched off to 6 to warn the people there that a tempest attack was imminent.

On the way out of town they ran into scott who was being surrounded at an intersection by a Tempest patol, he blasted one of the tempests and charged through the hole he had just cleared in their men then Storm told his friends to open fire and they let out a volley that hit the remaining 3 tempests. Scott thanked them and they parted ways, Scott left them with one warning. "There is a Tempest guard at the bridge to make sure no one comes out of 5 dry It looked to be about 15 men."

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed May 15, 2013 10:40 am

Doesn't the story have to be in bold? Well that's what I'm going to do.

SEAL hopped on the computer after his morning jog around the block. The first thing he noticed was the oncoming storm's video and DX's comment.
"Dafuq's a Tempest?" was his first thought. Then after some looking around, he found some information on the SSC archives. "Sounds like fun," he muttered. However he was a very long way from the action zone,
[the island?] being out in the middle of nowhere. "Guess it's time for a road trip."

SEAL gathered his camo-painted CPS 2700, Douchenator, and several packages of water balloons, along with necessary provisions and camping gear. All this he stuffed into the rather small trunk of his new Dodge Challenger SRT8 392. After saying goodbye to his girlfriend and family, he jumped in the car and left in a cloud of smoke produced by the tires, exhaust roaring. Then after expertly navigating the twists and turns of small unnamed country roads, he made his way to the freeway and started heading south at 100+ MPH. Suddenly a barrage of flashing blue and red lights appeared in the rearview mirror. Swearing violently, SEAL pulled over to the side of the road, followed by Smokey.

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
"Look, I'm really sorry officer, but you have to understand, the Tempests are back! I need to come to the aid of my friends as quickly as I can or they will get soaked!" Despite SEAL's completely and totally valid excuse, he was forced to recite the alphabet and walk the line. He was then taken down to the station. Fortunately his dad happened to be friends with the police chief, and he managed to get cleared. Once he finally got back on the highway, he reluctantly stayed at about 10 MPH over the limit.
"I need to get a radar detector," SEAL muttered.

After several nights of staying at run-down campsites and taking showers outside using spigots on the sides of the campground office, plus nearly getting mugged by an old lady with an iron cane, SEAL finally arrived at the action zone. He pulled out his 2700, which was already filled.
"Let's get this party started," SEAL growled, chomping on a cigarette-sized pretzel stick.

Some of this may or may not be totally realistic, but my life is so boring in real life, I couldn't resist. :goofy:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 15, 2013 11:58 am

OOC: Do you want me to merge the player profiles from the other RP topic into this one?
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed May 15, 2013 4:25 pm

no thank you DX, I don't wish for the thread posts to be mixed together

By the time Seal got there Oncoming Storm and Scott were in 6 setting up a militia to defend it if they could the Tempests would be stuck in 5 without a way out. Storm filled SEAL in on what he had missed. Having snuck out of 5 by boat to avoid the bridge they started going through 6 knocking on every door, The army that they had formed was large 193 men but weakly armed, 71% had Nerf Super Soakers, 9% had WW's guns, 17% had squirt guns and just 3% had CPS class guns. everyone was camping in the town square and had be for 3 days so that they could be called to arms at any time.

That night at 1:00 AM Oncoming Storm's phone rang. A watch reported Tempest forces were massing at the bridge ! He started Banging a Pot with a Spoon and yelling "to arms" as loud as he could. It was confusion turns out no one's gun was filled and it was a nearly 10 minutes latter before they could head out, by which time Tempests had already taken 5 city blocks. fighting was fierce and at close range, the militia suffered 17 hits just to regain 1/2 a block, Oncoming Storm seeing this ordered the men to defend hoping to outlast them. One thing was sure there were now more than 120 tempests, it looked to be around 230 attacking 6 with more probably back in 5 just in case.
Last edited by the oncoming storm on Wed May 15, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Wed May 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Nemesis, hearing the news, arrived behind the battle a 2 am with half of his local milita, Alex, Miles, Billy, and Sammy, and started handing out cps and waterwarriors to the poorly armed force in 6. With this reinforcement, and a barrage of waterballons, his troops were able to push back the tempests a block. meawhile, under orders from SEAL, oncoming storm, and Scott, Nemesis and sammy circumvented the mob of tempests. From the roof of a house, they fired randomly at the tempests, then ducked out of sight. The enemy commander of this particular force of tempests, was curious, so he decided to check behind the house. Just as he was about to go back, he was hit on the head simultaniously by water balloons. Before he could cry out, he was gagged. Someone behing him whom he could not see whispered "listen, you have two choices, either we keep you as a prisoner of war and give you the chinese water torture, or you and your force can retreat from 6, and tell your general that we are not ones to be soaked so easily. The commanders face nodded, and with a gasp upon being ungagged, looked for the owner of the voice. He was nowhere to be seen. Nemesis and Sammy arrived back at the battle as the tempests were avoiding final shots as they retreated. "Mission accomplished" Sammy told SEAL with an affirming nod from Nemesis.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed May 15, 2013 8:41 pm

I like this thread

The Tempest leader after hearing of his mens failure to capture 6 was outraged. "You guys are useless, I can do a better job of leading in my sleep". and he unleashed his rage landing at 4 with a fleet of 15 4 man Inflatables they had stolen from a store and proceeded to march on 9 both falling without any resistance. he then proceeded to force people to join the tempests doubling his already massive 300 man army, All the while the League forces were still celebrating their victory at 6 and had no clue at what had been done. Finally after a day of celebrating they started getting serious again, and ordered 10 men to each town to create outposts, as of that time 8 a ghost town had yet to be discovered due to the lack of any roads leading to it.

It took League forces 2 days to realize that the people sent to 9 and 4 hadn't called to say that they had arrived, soon they found out why, bezarious ex tempest leader from before the first tempest war had moved to 9 several years ago and somehow escaped the tempests without getting shot to tell League people in 1 of it and 4's capture.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat May 18, 2013 1:02 pm

As atvan and his team approached the bay at point 6, he saw a saw a line of boats waiting at its mouth. "I didn't realize the opposition was so well supplied," he said to his friends, "The Tempest may be no trouble at all." He was getting ready to lie down and take a short nap when he heard the distinctive sound of a WBL. He bolted upright to see a pair of boats racing towards his own, each with a WBL and decently armed Tempest members. "Gun it!" he shouted to his teammates as he fumbled to open the storage compartment of the speedboat, "We're gonna have to run the blockade!" He smiled as he pulled the small MOARC-like pump out and threw the intake over the side, but quickly became disappointed when their speed prevented it from staying below the water. He picked up his 15k, realizing that the stream would not last long at this speed.

As the blockade loomed before them, atvan was slightly relieved to find that the interceptors that had been sent to confront them were few and far between, with the majority being made up of large pontoon boats that were evidently to prevent mostly movements of larger, slower craft. They were only able to take a few futile shots as the speedboat went by, but at least half a dozen speedboats were now following, with their water balloons falling all around atvan's boat. Slowly, he and his team were able to pull away, but not before one of them were hit, leaving only four to join the fight. The pursuers eventually gave up and returned to the blockade.

After finding the other WWn members and informing them of the blockade, atvan and two of his remaining team members set out for point one, hoping to be able to rally a naval attack force to break the blockade and prepare for an invasion of the island that includes point five. Hauling their boat in a trailer, they were about about 20 miles out from Vertigo City (point one) when they spotted 3 ATVs, which quickly turned and rode North. "So much for surprising the blockade, but we may be able to take it with force alone nonetheless."

Perhaps it would be a good idea to put at the end of each post who controls which points.
Tempest- 4, 5, 9 (?)
Rebellion- 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 (?)
Unclaimed- 8
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat May 18, 2013 2:01 pm

Oncoming Storm was shocked to hear of a navel blockade around 6, but was too busy. He was trying to come up with a plan to free the 20 People sent to establish outposts at 4 and 9 to help end it, He simply put Atvan in charge of creating a Naval force and went on working on his plan.

Finally he had it, and set off with with his 6 man squad on bikes. They snuck into 4 around midnight and spread out in groups of 2 to try and find the prisoners, they found no sign of them and left town just before first light. Storm was worried something awful, they hadn't seen a single tempest in 4 all night, He pointed this out to Noah his right hand man who also thought that was strange. Around 7 am Storm stopped his squad thinking he was being followed. Sure enough, About 25 tempests came into the field all around them ! Storm quickly remounted his bike and ordered his men to charge, Whipping out his Renegade he and his squad rode hard toward 4 tempests carrying Vindicators, overrunning them within seconds. Storm grabbed one of the Vindicators just as it's user threw it AT him and blasted him with his own gun.

They made it back to Vertigo city without further incident, and Storm immediately when into a party store to get 40 balloons to K mod his new Vindicator. While he was K modding it Storm talked with his squad and surmised that Tempests had probably taken the prisoners over to 5 to prevent them from escaping. "guess we won't be able to free them" Storm said regrettably. as he closed up the gun again. Testing it out he was pleased with the results, it now could hit 45' and had a stream speed identical to that of most light 1200K's.

Storm then bought a map of the whole keys and charted a plane so he could mark who controlled what territory making this map.
Attachments
Keys.JPG
Keys.JPG (29.55 KiB) Viewed 7114 times

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 20, 2013 2:50 am

OOC: I'm posting a player profile since I had a character in the original war and he would have aged drastically since.

Name: Vincent Drake (Duxburian)
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 185 lbs
Build: Lean and strong, athletic
Skills: Highly experienced, still fast and agile, equally aggressive or patient, versatile, decisive, creative, street smart.
Equipment: Camo-painted CPS 2000 MK2 with layered LRT and homemade nozzle selector (4x for balloons, 6x, 10x, 14, 28x) with laminator. Backpack with painted, drilled, rez expanded XP 150, mobile water balloon filler, unfilled bags of balloons, bandolier, smartphone, radio, basic tools, and survival kit. Also carries a 5' long WBL with a seamless steel PC, high flow modified sprinkler valve, and built-in sabot catcher, slung on his back.
Characteristics: Has aged considerably since the first Tempest war, has grown into an intimidating figure with a deep, booming voice, long, ragged hair, and permanent battle scars. Currently in top physical condition, although still lacks endurance and expends enormous amounts of energy when engaged in battle. Tends to be more of a loner due to age and personality differences with most players. While he has long patience in battle and can wait for opportunities to emerge, he has very little patience with other players and little tolerance for mistakes. Has many friends and contacts from the previous Tempest wars and a large collection of powerful soakers.

Duxburian decided to check out the rumor of a reformed Tempest team and boarded a public ferry from the mainland, dressed in all black. He spent the travel time on the upper deck, pressurizing his WBL to the max possible by hand and filling water balloons. Other passengers kept their distance.

When the ferry arrived in 9, Duxburian found the passenger gate on the dock guarded by a pair of teenagers holding CPS 2500s, wearing unmistakable Tempest armbands.

One of them stepped forward,

"Stop! No one with a water gun is authorized to land in this town. If you wish to join us, you must depart for headquarters in 5."

Duxburian laughed hard at that line.

"Join you? That's a good one! You have absolutely no idea who I am, do you, kid?"

In one fluid motion, Duxburian slung his 2000 on his back, grabbed the WBL, and leveled it at the Tempest.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," said the Tempest. "You have one shot, and there's two of us. We control this town and have dozens more players, all within sight of here."

However, his partner flinched as the WBL came down and backed away slowly. They were only about 10 feet apart.

"I'll take my chances," replied Duxburian.

*CRACK*

The sheer impact of the hit blew the Tempest guard right off the dock and into the water.

His partner, quickly overcoming the shock of what he'd just seen, opened fire on Duxburian. However, he was only on 5x and Duxburian raised the launcher barrel to take in the stream while slowly backing away.

The Tempest changed nozzles to 10x, giving Duxburian a moment to drop his launcher and switch to the 2000. The 2500's 10x was too large to block, but it didn't go far enough. Duxburian took rapid tap shots in an left to right arc, shooting the PC empty while rushing diagonally, causing the Tempest to run out of dodging room and jump off the dock to avoid getting hit.

Other Tempests were gathering at the far end of the dock near the gate to the parking lot. They did not dare come closer than that after seeing one of their own get blown clean off the dock. Duxburian took advantage of their hesitation and pumped up both 2000 and WBL. He loaded the barrel with heavy clam shells that were scattered around on the dock.

He then began walking toward the locked gate, slowly at first and then building up speed into a rush, yelling at them to get out of his way.

The Tempests fled.

The gate was a good obstacle, however, it was made of flimsy wood and Duxburian had a launcher with a steel PC.

*CRACK*

The payload obliterated the gate and blew the remnant pieces off the hinges. The Tempests cowered behind the safety of the ferry building, so Duxburian took the opportunity to pump up again. He dropped 3 balloons in the sabot and took aim at the Tempests.

Despite superior numbers, no one wanted to get hit at close range with a powerful WBL, so they let him pass. Duxburian knew that the fear would not last forever, so he boarded the first bus he saw, not caring what the destination was.

As the bus was pulling away, the Tempests got up and started moving toward their cars. Duxburian took aim out one of the windows, at the one guy on his radio not paying attention.

*CRACK*

One balloon knocked the radio out of his hand, one hit him right in chest, and the 3rd sailed wide.

Duxburian pumped up while looking at a transit map. He was heading to a stop near the bridge to 5. He took out his phone and called an old friend.

"Hey, Chase, it's Drake. Yeah, I heard about the Tempests, in fact, I'm on the island now. Any chance you could do me a favor and pick me up at Stop 8 on the blue line at 2:00? Sweet, thanks. Oh, bring the big rig, this whole area seems to be infested with wanna-be Tempests. Cya."

Chase was a former member of the old militia in 6. But, now he worked as a lead mechanic for the fire department in 4. As a perk of the job, he owned several decommissioned, but still fully-functional, trucks.

At the bus stop, Duxburian saw the big, red firetruck waiting. There was no time to lose, as a group of Tempests also pulled up and they now had several WBLs. He ran to the truck as they angled their launchers and opened fire.

*douche, douche, douche, douche*

The shots fell short and the one on target was slowly falling and easily dodged.

"Pfft, PVC chambers."

At this range, Duxburian did not need to angle his launcher.

*CRACK*

Only one of Duxburian's triplet balloons found a Tempest chest, but the other 2 sent the others ducking for cover behind their cars.

He climbed to the top of the firetruck and dropped his equipment in favor of the "deck cannon" and its 1,000 gallon-per-minute maximum possible output. The Tempests remained behind their cars. Communicating to Chase in the cab via radio, Duxburian settled in with the cannon and the firetruck pulled out of the parking lot.

At the bridge to 5, Duxburian saw a full barricade and more Tempests. However, these were kids and grown adults, probably forced to be there from 5. He shouted at them to get out of his way. When nobody moved, Chase raised the front bumper and proceeded to drive straight at the barricade.

Duxburian opened fire briefly with the deck cannon and now the defenders fled en masse. The barricade might have been sufficient against cars, but the firetruck easily plowed right through it.

8 Tempests caught unaware of the approaching behemoth appeared on the end of the bridge. Duxburian fired the deck cannon again and laughed as they got blasted out of the way. He radioed Chase to head for the fire station on 5 and wondered where the friendlies might be. So far, he'd seen nothing but Tempests, and lots of them.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Tue May 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Haha! with Dux and Chase on our team, it'll be hard to lose.

back at the site of the first battleNemesis tried to train and raise the morale of the unskilled, poorly armed rebel force. It was tough buisness, as news of the tempest's huge and well armed force was reported every day. The rebels seemed at the height of their lowliness when news of a rampaging fire truck armed with a huge cannon and WBL that was shooting down tempests left and right arrived. The rebel leaders privately rejoiced at the stroke of good luck, not exactly caring weather or not the news was truth. however, when it was realized that the mighty Duxburian, returned from the first tempest war, was coming to aid them, the comparitively small force began to train and give effort like never before! this was their island, and they were "not ones to be soaked so easily!" This phrase became the battle cry of the rebels.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue May 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Oncoming Storm was surprised that DX had joined the battle, but very pleased . Secretly while DX was flattening tempests with a firetruck Storm was building a tank, the T 13 destroyer with a smaller but still massive 60GPM water cannon and a 4" WLB using an 8' barrel that could fire a double layered balloon (tests with standard balloons all barrel burst) up to an impressive 1000' and armored with Cardboard sandwiched trash bags (needs to be penetrable somehow) that could take a hit from a 3' WBL from 100'.
Last edited by the oncoming storm on Tue May 28, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue May 28, 2013 11:30 am

With everyone else busy with battle plans Storm decided to test drive his new homemade tank. He drove from 1 over to 3 and once there started filling balloons and the water cannon for firing tests, and quite naturally it drew a crowd of people around it who were curious. Just as he was mounting the turret to load the WBL he saw a long white tube sticking out of the nearby woods in the direction of 9. He had time to point his gun before a balloon sailed wide past his turret and landed in the crowd. Storm was staring a hole in the pressure gauge 20, 30, 40,... as the gauge read 60psi he fired a 5 balloon load right at the Tempests hitting 3 of them, almost immediately another WBL answered him from his left side bouncing off the hull with a thud. he swapped seats with the driver and called for reinforcements hoping his 3 man crew and the 10 man outpost could hold out long enough for them to arrive.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Tue May 28, 2013 8:12 pm

The others back at 1 were minding their own buisness until they realized how long Storm had been gone. Nemesis was ordered to lead a 40 man force to march to 3 to create a stronger grip on the territory, and to aid Storm if need be. Setting off at dawn the next day, the force arrived in 3 at noon. Storm and his men were fighting for thier lives, and even with the battle tank, they were bieng overwhelmed. Nemesis's force was a good suppliment however, and with renewed vigor, they drove back the tempests. After a while more fighting though, it was realized that the tempests numbers werent being worn down, and they seemed not to be worried at all about water conservation. Storm realized a train of tempests snaking out from the woods in the distance. The tain contained both troops, and people carrying water bottles. "Must be a creek back there" mumbled Nemesis in disgust. "We cant keep this up much longer. We need to find an opening to retreat." agreed Storm and Nemesis. Just then, the roar of an engine could be heard. Out of the distance, a fire truck approached at full speed. Nemesis knew that the rumors must be true, Duxburian was back. The rebels gaped in awe at the truck, easily eliminating the remainder of the mostly-fled tempest force, along with supporting fire from the tank. WBL shots could be heard in rapid succession as most of the rebel artillery was fired at will. All that was left were water guns floating in a water-filled crater.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed May 29, 2013 7:06 am

Storm was relieved that the battle was over. But looking back something didn't add up, the shot from the left side as he was facing 9. Their was nothing but water on that side meaning it must have been boats and they didn't land anyone here at 3. He suddenly realized that out of 600 rumored tempests only about 85 had attacked, it was a decoy! He drove the tank as fast as he could over to 1 arriving just as a fleet was entering the harbor away from any defenders.

Tempest ships started firing at Storms tank their shots having no affect on it at the long range he returned the favor, eliminating a speedboat crew with a single shot. His radio crackled to life "Tempests approaching from 4" someone else said "tempests are coming from 2". Storm "thought they must be after our fleet here" and called the men back to the harbor to defend the small fleet of rebel ships there. After about an hour of battle the tempests suddenly took cover.

Storm's men wanted to rush but fearing an ambush he told them to stand their ground, there was a droning sound above them and growing louder till some ultralights in tempest markings flew overhead at treetop level dropping water balloons on the rebels. They fired back wildly with WBL's to little affect. In the end out of 25 tempest planes 3 had been taken out, 2 by WBL's and a third by a Sniper on a rooftop in comparison 33 rebels had been hit. then the tempests came out of cover again overrunning what was left. Thankfully the fleet was able to break out carrying the army from 1 and moved to 8 which was still unoccupied at this time.

"This is bad" Storm stated forces in 6 are now totally blocked in, Nemesis is still in 3 with tempests blocking land routes and we're to licked to do anything till our men re-spawn tomorrow.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Finally after eliminated forces had re-spawned Storm readied the fleet to free nemesis' men trapped in 3. It was a godsend, just as his fleet arrived the remaining men in 3 were trapped between the ocean and the advancing tempests which had brought their full force to bear on them, storm landed his men just south of 3 and took forces on nemesis left flank by complete surprise driving them back towards to center as the previously trapped men counter attacked forming a pincer movement towards the north mostly surrounding the tempests. Storm went with his squad to block the road leading out of 3, tempest forces were strong here they charged strait at storms men but were driven back thanks to DX's firetruck. It seemed the tempest would finally be finished and some Rebels were already cheering it. Till the tempest commander personalty took the field with his pepper water filled 3200 slashing through nemesis section of front allowing his men to escape back to 9 with Rebels following to close for comfort.

for whomever writes back the tempests will meet their ultimate doom on the inhabited island west of 5 very soon but we still have to liberate the island and destroy the tempest fleet

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:28 am

Hopefully I can make a character:
Name-darthmeow
Gear-21K (primary, custom strap), SplashZooka (custom strap, sidearm), water bottles for refilling

I heard about the news, and set off at once. When I got to the island I saw 3 people with renegades. I was behind some trees and they did not see me. Then my phone rang. I had forgotten to turn it off! :goofy: The scouts turned around and saw me. I proceeded to fire the whole PC from my 21K at them, hitting 2 of them. The third one started chasing me through the forest. I turned and fired the Splazhzooka at him. It hit him, and I proceed towards Storm's location to find out the plan. I then saw another tempest guard with a 1700 near a large gate. He saw me and fired 10X at me. I dodged his tap shots, and then fired the Splashzooka at him, finally hitting him just as the splashzooka ran out of water. I grabbed the 1700, and found it was empty. Also, my 21K had no water in the reservoir, just a full PC. I needed to get to a QFD. I saw one past the gate. Unfortunately the gate was locked, and I could not get it open.