D Day

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

D Day

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri May 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Your 24 man team and another of 21 have come to reenact the d-day invasion rules are 1hk respane for attackers 1hk no respane for defenders. Whom ever holds out longer wins so post defense as well

Attackers
3 4 man rafts
1 WBL
1 2k
and various light XP IE 70s, 75s, 270s

Defenders
5 WBL's
1500 berried mines
30 CPS splalshzooka's colossus modded

here is the map 1 square=10,000sq'
Attachments
Tactk 1.jpg
Tactk 1.jpg (39.52 KiB) Viewed 6995 times
Last edited by the oncoming storm on Fri May 11, 2012 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

atvan

Re: D Day

Post by atvan » Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 pm

You should give thew defenders heavier weaponry. In the real D-Day invasion, the attackers had mostly carbine rifles. The defenders had heavy machine guns and artillery. The defense also had a killing field, and then a cliff, between the attackerrs and them.

So while this is interesting, it is not really much of a re-enactment.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu May 10, 2012 9:08 pm

I'v modified it in light of Omaha beach

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri May 11, 2012 8:00 am

For offense I'd simply rush the beach with half my team and have the other half lagging behind a little bit. Once the first group engaged the defense (highly unlikely to make hits, so theyd just dance around and try to find weak points) the second group would try to flank the enemy. I'd use the boats as a barricade for my WBL and bombard the attacks from there.

For defense I'd try to be flexible. Basically, just move to wherever you see the enemy coming to and don't let anyone get up.

Lastly, please check your posts prior to submitting them. It's respawn not respane and buried not berried haha.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri May 11, 2012 8:29 am

If you're using Internet Explorer then download IESpell to check the spelling in a post. If you don't like it try Speckie. Speckie checks as you type (with that little red underline thing you get in Office applications, rather than having to check yourself constantly. I don't like advertising stuff on forums, but I know many of us dislike careless spelling errors even more.

How can you hold out the longest if the opponents can re-spawn and you can't? :goofy: Surely there must be a time limit if there are re-spawn conditions.

Anyway, I haven't posted for scenarios before but here it goes (I'll assume re-spawn for attackers):

Offence:

24 total means a platoon of three sections of 8 each with two fire-teams. Lets name sections numerically and chronologically so section 1 (from now on referred to as 1 Sect.), section 2 (2 Sect.), section 3 (3 Sect.) with the platoon commander (Plt. Cmd.) being 1 Sect. IC (section commander).

I would have the three sections moving up the beach each in their own arrowhead formation. 1 Sect. leading with 2 and 3 Sect. on the flanks behind 1 Sect. (2 Sect. on right, 3 Sect. on left). As 1 Sect. will be the first under direct fire, they will form a base of fire against the defenders, taking pot shots, and trying to keep their heads down. by being widely spread they will be less prone to hits from the WBLS's and 1500's. Their main targets will be the WBL's (if they can get close enough) Mines are of some concern if they are hidden, but we can take full advantage of the re-spawn if we come across them. Our WBL will be in 1 Sect. with the main fire group and will be focusing on the enemy WBL's the 2k will also be in 1 Sect. and be concentrating on the splashzookas.

The next part of the tactical plan depends entirely on the ground. We'll assume the right of the field has the best cover.

2 Sect. will come forward almost and provide fire support on the right hand side of 1 Sect.. Members of 2 Sect. will supplement members of 1 Sect. who are hit and in the process of re-spawn at the Plt. Cmd's discretion. Those members of 1 Sect. will be folded into 2 Sect. when they return. The fire support will also be focused on covering 3 Sect.during their element of the battle. Priority goes to manning the WBL when it comes to rotations.

3 Sect. (once again assuming the ground has the best cover) will peel-off from the left, behind 1 Sect. and 2 Sect. to a position right of 2 Sect.. At this point 3 Sect will split into a fire-team command structure. Charlie fire-team being led by the 3 Sect. IC, and Delta fire-team being led by 3 Sect 2IC. each consisting of four members of the section. Initially Charlie will provide covering fire while Delta moves behind Charlie and up the beach a further 10-20 metres. At this point Delta provides covering fire and Charlie moves up behind (and past) Delta until they are 10-20 metres forward of Delta. This continues until they are in an effective flanking position.

If the Plt. Cmd. deems the enemy vulnerable and that the manoeuvre is possible (given the cliff), 3 Sect will begin an assault of the opponents position. whilst being supported by 1 Sect. and 2 Sect. If 1 and 2 Sect. need to be closer to the opponents to provide effective support for 3 Sect. then so be it.

Defence:

Not a lot to do for defence other than make sure the opponents WBL is out of action as much as possible by dedicating a WBL or two to keeping their's out of action. 21 total so main section of 9 in the central main position with a section of 6 on each flank. 1 WBL per flank and three in the in the central group. Take full advantage of the height difference and extra range with both the WBLS's and splashzookas. As there are 30 splashzookas, keep 15 full at any one time, by refilling them when the other 15 are in use. As with offence, keep the WBL's running, but due to the height advantage the splashzookas can take priority.

EDIT: Speckie doesn't recognise Speckie in it's own dictionary! :goofy:

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri May 11, 2012 9:54 am

M4 you start on other side of the water,I Should have been more presise. Sorry :oops:

Also the attaking team is the only one who can Respawn .

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sat May 12, 2012 11:13 am

I guessed as much, but that means there must be a time limit (or defenders always lose! :goofy: ). If there isn't a time limit, the attackers will keep re-spawning and attacking until all the defenders are 'dead'.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun May 13, 2012 7:29 am

I figured, I just didn't mention it in my response. I'm still a couple hundred feet out, so I'd try to get across as quickly as possible, just take a straight shot to the beach and have everyone split up from there. A boat moving in one direction will be easier for a WBL to hit than ppl zig zagging along the beach, and I can use the boats as makeshift walls to fire my WBL from once we land.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm

The team who holds out on defense longer wins.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri May 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Ah, okay I understand now. Anyway doesn't affect the tactics too much.