Tactical Scenario II

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Tactical Scenario II

Post by SEAL » Thu May 03, 2012 1:19 pm

It's been a while since I made one of these. I've had the map for a long time, but I never got around to making a scenario with it.

Scenario II, "Divided by Water"

You are the captain of a 12-man team, and you were going to have a war against some buddies, but they chickened out at the last second and left your team standing around at the battleground, wondering what the hell happened. Determined not to let your trip go to waste, you decide to split the team up and fight amongst yourselves in a OHS game, where if a player is hit, they must return back to their team's starting point and wait there for 30 seconds. The game will be played for 30 minutes. Splitting up the team arsenal left you with:

Primaries:
CPS 2700 (Camo painted)
Monster X (2002)
Orca
Vindicator
Hydro Cannon (Nozzle modded to shoot 45 feet, camo painted, 8L backpack added)
Colossus
Bolt-action WBL, 350 ft. range

Secondaries:
SS 60
XP 90 Pulse Fire
XP 270 (Camo painted)
MD 5000 x2
Firefly
Stream Machine
Python ("Burst" nozzle drilled out for riot blast)

Sidearms:
SS 25 x2
XP 20
XP 220 x3
XP 240
MD 3000 x2
MD 4000
Hammerhead
Goblin
Viper x2

Enemy Arsenal:
XP 75
XXP 275
SC 600
XP 310 x2 (One camo painted)
CPS 1-3-5K (Camo painted, middle nozzle drilled, other nozzles plugged, shoots 45')
MD 6000 (Camo painted, smallest nozzle drilled out for riot blast)
Pirhana
Flash Flood x3 (Two camo painted and de-Max-D modded, 3rd one's riot nozzle modified to shoot 40')
SEAL H2 style one-shot SCH
Douchenator long-barrel WBL, capable of shooting 600'
Various sidarms

Link to Photobucket page

Each square is 10,000 square feet, gold star marks the tree house in which you begin the game, large brown splotch in the B-7 area is an old quarry about 10 feet deep, gray blobs in A-9 are large boulders, each about the size of a pickup truck. Green speckles in the A-1 area indicates a swamp. The river is very wide, but not very deep, with many rocks sticking out above the water surface, making it crossable, but not easily so. The river lies in a 30' deep canyon with moderately steep slopes (the dark gray areas.), and there is a smaller stream coming in from the south that ends in the waterfall at D-3. The enemy side of the canyon is mostly thick woods, nothing else of note.

Good luck! I will come up with counter-strikes for each strategy, as with last time (Going to PM my starting plan to iSoaker again.).

~SEAL
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Re: Tactical Scenario II

Post by atvan » Fri May 04, 2012 7:08 pm

Do we know where the enemy starts?
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat May 05, 2012 9:07 am

No. All you know is that they start somewhere on the other side of the river. Just like in a real war.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 05, 2012 12:05 pm

What are the respawn times and rules? And I am assuming that the exact selection of enemy soakers is unknown, or can we choose which guns on the list to arm them with?
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun May 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Oooh, I forgot to mention that. For some reason I had it in my head that the gametype was OHK when I typed this. However, that's not the case, so here are the rules.

If a player is hit, they must return back to their team's starting point and wait there for 30 seconds. That's basically all there is to it. As for the enemy soakers, the distribution is for me to decide.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon May 07, 2012 2:49 am

Your map is ~19 miles long by ~9 miles wide and your river is about 2 miles across. Dug Hill was about 1 square mile and it took us over an hour to find each other. There's no way the teams can get across the river in 30 minutes, let alone find each other.

This scenario has potential... but you need to seriously adjust the scale.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon May 07, 2012 9:06 am

What? I said each square is 10,000 square feet (Or 100x100.). That means that the fighting area is 1,000 feet by 500 feet. Not sure where the confusion came from.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon May 07, 2012 10:19 am

My bad, I was thinking of feet squared, not square feet.

I take my entire team and we sprint the ~200 ft from A5 to the B5 ledge and take quick cover in the woods overlooking the river. Our tactics are simple, isolate enemy teams as they cross the river and climb up to our side. Pin them with their backs against the gorge and score hits on them. We should have superior numbers unless their entire team comes up, so we will surround them on 3 sides, with their backs to the gorge. If the entire enemy team comes then we will try to take them while they assault the cliffs.

It is only rational to assume that some enemy forces may make it up to our side while we are engaging their teammates. If this happens we will use superior #s to pin them with their backs to the marshes, the old quarry, or the river gorge. If any enemy team makes it to the boulders we will tear the plywood or other walls off the treefort, carry them through the woods to A7 and bombard their position with our WBL, using the plywood to create a moveable wall (with some being used as a makeshift roof to prevent waterballoons falling on us). If we have little success with the bombardment we will at least make them duck with the WBL and then rush them from their R and L flanks.

We will not cross the river unless we are absolutely destroying them in the points standings, then we will work together as a team, and destroy them in their woods, watching out for ambushes and using superior numbers where possible.

Everyone will carry at least 1 pistol for extra water/just in case shots, as it shouldn't slow them down, and we'll need the ammo if we want to play aggressive. The CPS 2700, WBL, and HC users will also carry a secondary or 2 as they will be moving slower anyway. We won't use the stream machine unless there's a bucket for it. My team is ordered not to spend anytime standing around in the river as that's a good excuse for getting shot by the enemy. I do not foresee us running out of ammo in a mere 30 minutes, but if we are running low then 1/3rd of the team will break away during a lull in the action (if possible) to the C4 peninsula and refill there using the woods to block any WBL shots from across the river. The other 2/3rds of the team (4 players?) will pull security/attack smaller bands or isolated enemy personnel while operating out of the B/C 3/4 area. Once 1/3rd of the team has refilled they will switch out with another 2 players. I will designate which 2 players go refill.

I will be using the HC with backpack, and I'll have an XP 270 strapped to the backpack, along with 2 SS 25s, an XP 20, and a Goblin strapped to my belt. I'll be the traditional heavy weapons officer, and I'll use my sidearms for refilling my teammates, and I won't wait until they are low on ammo, I'll top off their tanks during any lulls in the fighting. Once I've emptied out my pistols I will drop them (pick them up after the battle) to shed the extra weight. Empty pistols won't do the enemy any good.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri May 11, 2012 10:08 am

I would split in two with 2 men crossing on the right flank as a divertion, falling back once the other 4 cross on the left. Then we would spread out looking for the enamy, and marchting right. The 2 man squad guarding the base, if we do not find then we run to the base and stay there till they atack charging them when they do.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:26 am

So... Anyone else want to try this? Remember, you get points for responding to these. ;)
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:42 am

SEAL wrote:So... Anyone else want to try this? Remember, you get points for responding to these. ;)
I don't think the points have been updated for a while. :goofy:

Is there anything of value in the tree-house and are there any comms?

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:50 am

The tree house has your entire armory in it, and you can communicate with cell phones.

Regarding points, I can update them, but I'm not sure if points have already been awarded for certain things, such as this scenario (in other words, I don't want to give myself 4 points for this if someone already did.).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Depends when it was posted, I've added a 'last updated' section on the tracking page to make it easer to back-track points (It needs to be manually updated though. That way it won't update the field if someone just changes formatting etc..)

So if the tree house doesn't have any water sources, I'll use that for the WBL team. With a 350 ft radius of opportunity that gives pretty good effective coverage of most of the stream area to pick off targets crossing slowly (as long as the tree area isn't too dense). It's also a perfect spot to keep a spotter in constant contact with other members of the team (bluetooth and conference call?) to spot targets. So that's two team members in the tree house to man the WBL, spot targets, engage close targets with the advantage in range, and, if necessary, provide additional backup from the rear if we need to fall back. They'd close the hatch to prevent opponents entering the tree house (it would be suicide to take them on anyway).

As the opponents have the advantage in range (with their WBL) which spans most of the area, our team has to take advantage of our mobility. Unfortunately the opponents also have the advantage in cover, so we'll have to stay behind our limited tree cover until one or more of them makes a move to cross the river. We will covertly move as close as possible without breaking cover. When they are halfway over the stream we will make our move with hit and run attacks. The number of team members we send in will depend entirely on how many are trying to cross, and at points across the stream they try to cross. We have an 'eye-in-the-sky' to aid with target location. If the opponents fail to show their position, two members of the forward team will move to the area of cover just North of the stream (grid square C4) to try and draw the opponents out, moving quickly and with reasonable separation to prevent vulnerability to their WBL (I'm guessing a thicker grey line relates to a less steep slope, making this spot a likely place for the opponents to try to cross anyway especially with the good cover south of the stream). This also provides a perfect place for quick refills if necessary, and for a forward operating base.

If they need to fall back the other members of the team will try to attract the attention of the WBL to give them cover. Hopefully it won't come to this and the opponents will be crossing without needing to be coaxed across. By keeping at least two team members behind the cover we can move to the opponents crossing point under cover. If there is no activity, with 10 mins remaining, one of the spotters (with the WBL) will be removed from the tree house and will form up North of the rocky area at grid square A10. We will attempt to cross as covertly as possible and sweep across the wooded area (from East to West) in an extended line, with the spotter searching for movement West of our front. Likelihood is the opponents have spread out over the tree-line waiting for us to cross.