Rival Clans

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Rival Clans

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:51 am

This is an upcoming series of tactical scenarios that I'll be doing. They are all based off the same story, and will be equal parts role playing, problem solving, and tactical decision making. I will release the first episode/exercise after I finish my responses to the Barn Assault scenario. Read through people's submissions, and my responses. It will help you with what I've got going on ahead... Here's the background story.

Wynfield and Westingham have been rivals for as long as anyone can remember. Although completely different, the two communities have produced the vast majority of the state's most prominent politicians and influential figures, not to mention highschool sports stars. Wynfield is a wealthy suburban community on the outskirts of the state's largest city, Corinth. Most kids in Wynfield go to one of the town's 2 elite prepschools, Ravencroft and Oak Hill, although some kids go to Wynfield public JR and SR High, which are the top public schools academically in the state. Many kids eventually go on to study at Brockport University, the highly selective liberal arts school located on the north end of town.

Westingham isn't so much a town as much as it is a political/school district. Westingham is the state's breadbasket and kids grow up learning to drive a tractor before they can drive a car. The locals are a very proud people, and although Westingham isn't incorporated, there is a real sense of community. The most popular hangout around is the Westingham General Store, which has been featured in numerous news articles and travel shows for its chill nostalgic atmosphere and award winning back porch restaurant. The General Store holds square dances during the summer nights and many award winning bluegrass and folk bands have been known to host. Although Westingham borders Wynfield, and is only a 30 minute drive from Cornith, locals feel a sense of disdain for the city and typically stick to themselves.

You live in Riverwood, a nice neighborhood on the edge of Wynfield. Riverwood is adjacent to Pine Hollow, one of the few true neighborhoods in Westingham. A rivalry between Riverwood and Pine Hollow has existed as long as the two neighborhoods have been there. Originally kids fought with rocks and rubber band guns and whatever they could get their hands on, but in the early 90s these were replaced with the invention of the Super Soaker.

It is 20 years later and people have moved in and out of the neighborhood, but the rivalry is just as intense now as it ever has been. Waterwarfare has evolved as the years have gone by, and the 2 rival clans have agreed on a simple set of rules that have governed the battlefield for the past 5 years. If you are shot you are out of action for the rest of the day, you are unable to join in the fight again until day break on the following morning. No fist fights, and no head shots. Everything else goes. The fighting season lasts from April 1st to October 31st.

Most of the fighting occurs in the woods and fields on the border of the two public school districts and key fighting positions have been taken and retaken and the lines of control have shifted accordingly over the past 20 years. Territory held by one clan at the end of the fighting season is not forfeited, but is respected, and with the coming of spring teams are allowed to return to the defensive strongholds they last held in early Autumn.

From 2006 to 2010 Wynfield dominated Westingham and continually pushed them back through the woods to the very edge of the fields outside of Pine Hollow. However, in June of 2010 everything changed. Big Boss, Wynfield's brilliant veteran commander graduated from Brockport, married his long term girlfriend, and took a top level engineering job out of state. Several other veteran members moved away and the team collapsed under lack of leadership and organization. Westingham quickly took back lost territory and won victory after victory in the 2010 and 2011 fighting seasons. Eventually, Wynfield's territory consisted solely of team member's yards in Riverwood. Combined with back to back state championships by Westingham High and wins over Wynfield and Ravencroft in both football and basketball, and morale was at an all time low.

At the end of the 2011 fighting season a glimmer of hope emerged for Wynfield. You and a few of your closest friends went on a guerilla campaign on the eve of Halloween, taking 2 deerstands and the marshy area around the lake. Outnumbered 3 to 1 you somehow managed to seize these key areas without suffering any casualties. Flush with victory, the team unanymously voted you its new leader, the first since Big Boss. Now with the fighting season returning in a few days, you finally have your chance, as commander, at extracting revenge and winning back honor and pride for your people. Let the fighting season begin.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Ox-11

Re: Rival Clans

Post by Ox-11 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:16 pm

WELL?!!
I can't have a rivalry when my best gun is the Colossus, so don't ask; I can't.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:43 pm

This topic is has been dead for over a year but I agree with OX-11 start posting senarios M4
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:35 pm

I somehow missed this originally. Definitely my kind of thing, though I understand that it would take time to do. Heck, I made like 16 scenario maps but I never found the time or motivation to make scenarios for them (except for like two).

I think I'd definitely lean more towards being a "Westingham" resident though, hahaha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Do i have to live in Wynfield?? I like Westingham too.
"The world is yours" - Nas