M4's Tactical Exercise #3: All Out Attack

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
DX

Re: M4's Tactical Exercise #3: All Out Attack

Post by DX » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:57 am

Just realized that it's not entirely clear at some points, but the "I" used in my strategy is the universal I, the one you use to describe your team when commanding. "I then move up to G5 == My team then moves up to G5". Some of it looks like solo moves when read using the personal I and reading it that way result in a very different strategy. I myself would be at the center of my formations most of the time, due to the need to call out moves and watch all areas for enemy reactions.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:39 pm

marauder_4 wrote:I love all the new, different, ideas that people are coming up with. There are a lot of points I can make after this is all said and done.

Martianshark, you have a good plan so far. It looks like you will successfully secure the N end of the farm... but what then? The objective is the converted hunting stand/now tree fort at H5. The enemy will most certainly have some people in the immediate vicinity of H5, so you need to eliminate them and or seize the tree fort, and most likely the enemy will put people inside that tree fort. If they have any sense. How do you attack from where you are at?
I didn't know that. I thought I was supposed to take over the barn. :goofy:

I'm going to use similar tactics to take over the tree fort. Three quarters of my team goes down the edge of the map and goes behind the large building at the bottom. While waiting, they guard the water faucets.

The rest of my team goes down the railroad tracks and hides in the trees north of the tree fort. They have the WBL and 50 more water balloons. The other group has the rest of the water balloons.

The north group fires water balloons at the tree fort, distracting them and maybe eventually sending part of their team over there. While that's going on, the group behind the building attacks, coming from both sides of it. They throw lots of water balloons at people in the tree fort, and take it over. The end.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:02 pm

The railroad tracks are on the 10 column... I think people are getting confused. I should have labeled it. The tan road on the 6 column is a farm dirt road.

So, did you mean that half go down the edge of the map adjacent to the railroad tracks (10 column) and then turn west on row J and follow the road to the big house? Then the other half of your team takes the dirt road and sets up in the woods with the WBL at G5?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Yep.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Oops, I got confused too and assumed the grey road were the railroad tracks. The actual railroad at the very east end of the map got cut off anyway.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

TacticalTyphoon

Post by TacticalTyphoon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:19 am

marauder_4 wrote:Objective:
Your arch nemesis is defending their team leader's farm. Intel reports that 30 of their team members have shown up for battle. You have assembled your own team at the local park behind (A5) behind the farm. You are waging an all out assault on the enemy base. Take control of the enemy HQ (H5) in order to claim victory.

Map Recon
Each grid square is 250 ft x 250 ft. Rocks, hills, and ridges provide excellent cover. The forest is dense. The N stream can be crossed easily via a ford on the path at D2. The 2 tributaries of the N stream (C7 east) can easily be crossed. The river can be crossed by bridge, at the dam, or via the RR tracks (G10). The enemy HQ (H5) is a very large deer stand converted into a tree fort. Blue Xs denote water spigots.

This is going to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, water war you've ever attended. You have 25 soldiers at your command. Your team has the following weapons at your disposal:
Douchenator style WBL
Hydrocannon (Jeffman3 modded)
CPS 2000 mk1 (ghillie cover)
CPS 3200 (painted black)
CPS 2700 (painted camo)
Blazer
2 Vindicators
2 CPS 21k
CPS 1200
CPS 1000
3 Max D 6000s
2 Flash Floods
3 XP 150s
2 XP 270s
3 SS 100 mk2s (painted camo)
4 Pythons
4 Goblins
200 waterballoons, any carrying devices you need

Game is OHK capture the base.
As always, I'm quoting so that I can reference easier.

Right, let's see. The most obvious thing to see here is that the enemy have two water spigots right on their base. As I attack, my water spigot is right back at the Picnic Shelter; there is no way I or my team are running back that far during an offensive maneuvre to refill. Our offensive cannot afford to be drawn-out, or we'll all run dry whilst the enemy can refill. This has to be a Blitzkreig style rapid offensive.

My team at A5 will split into three fireteams (two of them have 9 soldiers, the other one has 7); Fireteams Alpha, Gamma and Omega. Fireteams Alpha will take the WBL, the CPS2000, two Max-D 6000s, a CPS 21K and a few of the other lighter weapons. Alpha will move down the "2" column to F2 at a slow, careful pace; stealth is the key here, in case of enemy scouts. Fireteam Omega will take another CPS 21K, a CPS 3200, both Flash Floods, a Vindicator, and again, a few of the lighter weapons. Omega will move down the "4" column down to F4 (they might have to cross that river at F2 and then move to F4), again staying stealthy and always making their primary concern to look out for scouts and hide/capture if necessary.

Fireteam Gamma will split off to the East along the 10 column, with the black-painted CPS 2700, a Vindicator, both XP-270s, two XP-150s, and the last guy will duel wield SS 100s. Gamma will move down to F10, and the guy with the duel-wielded SS100s will be the most stealthy guy in our 25 man team; he will have a periscope, binoculars, camo clothing, and no excessive weight to hold him down. The Scout will cross the river (I'm assuming this river will not be particularly deep considering the dam next to it) to G10. His job is simple; report everything visible about the defenses of H5. Enemy movement, enemy placement, enemy numbers (how many are outside the building?), weapons, how alert do they look (subjective...) etc. The Scout needs to be as close as possible without revealing his position; perhaps he can stay on the ridge and use the periscope. He will move back to a safe distance eventually, within the foliage, and will radio back to the rest of Fireteam Gamma about everything he has identified. In turn, Alpha and Omega will be radio contacted about this. The radio isn't going to be loud enough to be heard I reckon, considering each fireteam will be several hundred feet from the enemy stronghold.

At the 10 minute mark, Alpha Team's WBL will fire a couple shots from F2 towards H3. The water balloons are unlikely to hit, but they will draw attention. Only the WBL guy will reveal his position. The rest of Alpha and Omega must remain silent and hidden. Assuming my enemy is somewhat experienced, they will not send a scout out (they know he'll probably be soaked/ambushed), and they'll be expecting that to be a diversion. The enemy will likely, again assuming they are experienced, look towards the East, where Gamma team is. However, most of Gamma is still hidden at F10. The Scout, on the other hand, will deliberately make himself seen moving back towards F10 (he's not going to make it obvious though...). The enemy, I'm hoping, will have now prepared for an attack from the East, expecting my WBL attack to be a bluff.

The reality will soon hit them. Gamma will finally reveal themselves to the enemy as if to "confirm their suspicions". The 7 man Fireteam Gamma will take up position on the ridge at H10, giving the impression that a larger, main force is attacking from that direction. Fireteam Omega will now move down from F4 to H5, still through the foliage and not detected. At 14 minutes, Omega will use a rush attack, curving round to use the silo as cover. They will be in trouble quickly if surrounded, so Gamma must make a sprint across open ground from H10 to about I6. They will undoubtedly be seen running, so this part of the plan really depends upon their own skill as water warriors. They need to eliminate any hostiles on the "I" side of the main building and use that wall as cover. Again, both Omega and Gamma will be overwhelmed unless help arrives. Thus, at the same time Omega began their rush attack, Alpha was sneaking from F2 to G2 relatively unseen due to the foliage and trees. By the time Gamma has reached I6, Alpha will maneuvre to H3, eliminate any hostiles using the sand pit as cover, and then use many water balloons to hit the enemies who will be attacking Gamma/Omega, in the back (each member of my 25 man team has one water balloon to themselves). Gamma and Omega will use their water balloons at this point, essentially bombarding the enemy (who will be stuck in the middle of Alpha and Gamma/Omega). The end is simple; Gamma can quickly refill at the J5 spigot if necessary, and we soak the remaining stragglers of the enemy, including any who are left in the main building.

Victory for my team!

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:13 pm

4 points to m4
2 points to Atvan, Seal, CA99, DX, MartianShark, & Tactical Typhoon

Almost done with my responses guys, I made maps for your responses and everything. I'm excited baout this.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Any progress on your responses?
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:19 am

I was almost complete and my laptop died, so I have to salvage my responses from my hard drive when I'm back in the states. Sorry guys. However.. I did make animated GIFs (haha so 10 years ago) of everyone's responses vs my plan and they look sweet. Some of you guys really hit home with some of your ideas, others of you didn't. One of you just had really bad luck haha.