Tactical Scenario I

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
mr. dude

Re: Tactical Scenario I

Post by mr. dude » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:44 pm

I've got a highly detailed and intricate plan:

You ready?

Run to the cliff, climb to the top, split up and guard the two entry points, get in position, hide behind cover, and shoot everything in sight. Done.

Initially they'd be split 6 and 6, but those numbers could change depending on where the evil alliance attacks (yes, I'm giving my opponents the same name that I used last time I did this). Never leave that position, willingly besiege ourselves (we've got a river and I'd instruct my team to bring some snacks), just sit there and wait. Also keep track of how many people we've shot.

The field is pretty small, it's like 150m as the Nazgul flies from F5 to B1, which would take a few seconds to sprint across. However, factoring in the terrain and opposition weapons being heavy, I should have a few minutes to prepare. This should be barely enough to get in position, and once my team is in position, we have the advantage. Range, cover, no need to climb anything, our only worry would be those Douchenators, which we can anticipate. The main flaw is that once we're up there, we're stuck, but that doesn't bother me.

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:49 pm

mr. dude wrote:it's like 150m as the Nazgul flies
Win.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:23 pm

I finally have time to sit down long enough to post counter-strikes. I will still try to keep them short and sweet though.

Here's my starting plan, as PMed to iSoaker (Ask him if you don't believe me.):
Me wrote:So basically, my plan is to attempt a sneak attack from behind, by sending a team of 5 armed with 3 2000s, a 3200, and the 21K, around the bottom of the battlefield over to the "1" column, then head up towards the cliff and try to get on top, hopefully before the other team notices, then we could attack them from behind on the high ground.

Meanwhile, 5 other teammates will attempt to distract the enemy by bluffing a charge on the other team's base. The last 4 will remain inside our base (The barn.) with the water cannon and the WBLs, in case the bluffing squad gets overwhelmed and has to retreat.

That's my starting plan! I will adjust it to try and match whatever you guys come up with.
Counter-Strike to SSG Gyovai's Plan:

As you can see, that isn't really my plan, though my sneak-attack squad could try to get your team to run away towards my base, or the bluff squad could try to get a few of your men to chase them until they're within range of the artillery. So the question is, would the first part of your plan still go into action if 5 guys are running towards your base, yelling their heads off? If so, then your whole team would be caught crossing the stream by my sneak-attack squad, in which case my bluff squad would get serious and attack your team from behind, and block the escape route up the cliffs at B3, so you now have 12 guys surrounded by 10 guys, with 5 on each side (The fighting would be taking place in between B2 & B3.), and I still have 4 men in the barn that I could send out to around C3/D3 and bombard you with Douchenator fire. I'd say your survival chances look pretty slim.

But suppose you fall for the bluff? In that case, I would just go ahead with my starting plan, and hope it works. :goofy:

Counter-Strike to scottthewaterwarrior's Plan:

Once again, it would depend on whether or not you fall for the bluff. If you do fall for it, I'll go ahead with my starting plan. If not, then we have a similar situation as before, with my sneak-attack squad stumbling upon your 4 men crossing the stream, although in this case, you'd probably be across already due to the fact that you only have 4 instead of your entire team of 12. So it would be 4 against 5, with my guys wielding the heavy-hitting blasters (You never specified exactly which blasters your squad of 4 are using.), which means that I would most likely defeat your men, although probably not without casualties on my side, especially if you're bringing some of the heavier guns.

Alright, so you now have 2 guys near your base, and 6 on top of the cliffs. My bluffing squad will easily defeat your 2 guys, but your 6 on top will be tougher. In this case I would get everybody from my base to join up with the two squads, adding to whichever squad suffered the most casualties (Most likely the sneak-attack squad.), while a lone person will remain at the base with the cannon, to serve as back-up if things go south. Now I would start unleashing hell in the form of Douchenator-launched balloons, to try and soften up the opposing forces on top of the cliff. Hopefully we'll be able to get enough of them to where we can risk an assault up the cliffs, one side at a time. It's a risky move, but I'm confident that we have enough men to overwhelm yours.

If your team gets the upper hand, my remaining troops will retreat back to the barn for a last stand, aided by the water cannon.

Counter-Strike to SPC Tredway's Plan:

Well, your scout can kiss his ass good-bye... :goofy: Seriously though, he'd be right in the path of my bluff squad, and they'd have no trouble taking him out, so I'd expect him to retreat and join up with the others. Now, will you try to eliminate the bluff squad with your entire team? If so, you'd be doing exactly what I want you to do, and I will proceed with my starting plan. But more likely, you'll go ahead and split, using 5 guys against the bluff squad, which also has 5, so they may fight for a while.

So lets leave them alone for a while and focus on the sneak-attack squad. Your 6 would probably beat us to the cliff-top, and we'd end up in the same situation as with Scott's plan, but this time your entire team is alive and well. I guess I would do it similarly to before, and send the Douchenators over to around C2, and have them reign balloons down upon the 6 men on the cliffs, while another man in the base will head over to where the bluff squad is fighting with the 5 enemy base-defenders to give them a hand.

If I get the upper hand on the 5, I will proceed in a similar way as I did with Scott's plan, but if not, I'd retreat back to the barn and fend your team off with the cannon, WBLs, and other heavy weapons, while the lighter-armed people will take up positions near the barn and in the adjacent forest, to attack your team from all sides.

So this could go either way I guess.

Counter-Strike to marauder_4's Plan:

Once again, your C6 scout is right in the path of my bluffing squad, although if he hides well, we may not see him. Now, your D1 scout... He would probably be taken out by my stealth squad, as it would be very hard for him to reach the forest (and find a place to hide.) before we get there (My stealth squad will be running as quickly as possible while staying at least somewhat quiet.).

But remember, I'm going to send out the bluff squad immediately after the battle starts (With my stealth squad moving out a few seconds afterward.), before doing anything else. so they will probably see your C6 scout before he gets a chance to hide, therefore he'll probably retreat, and most likely join the blackjack squad (Maybe not, but that's what I would do.). So I probably won't have to worry about any of the scouts. Now once again, will you gather everyone and attack the bluff squad? Or will you proceed with your regular plan? For the former, it's business as usual, for the latter, your ambush squad will end up encountering my stealth squad, and since we have equal numbers with my team having slightly superior firepower, your ambush squad will probably be eliminated, but definitely not without casualties to my squad. However, I will have the bluff squad attack your ambush squad from behind, so that tips the scales in my favor.

Now, about the blackjack squad, it seems yet again we have opposition on the cliffs. The blackjack squad will likely attempt to aid the ambush squad by attacking one of my squads from atop the cliffs. I'm guessing they'll attack my bluff squad, since they don't have to run around the pond or jump the creek (There's no way to build a bridge.) to get within range of my stealth squad. I will keep both squads away from the cliffs to avoid this problem. Meanwhile, I'll get my Douchenators over to C2, and try to take out members of the blackjack squad. Assuming I manage to eliminate the ambush squad, I will then follow the same procedure as with Scott's plan.

Counter-Strike to mr. dude's Plan:

First of all, my team's name is not the Evil Alliance. :goofy:

Okay, so you'd basically take the entire team up to the top of the cliffs. When my bluff squad attacks, you'll probably be up there already, and I doubt you'd send anyone down to take out my men. My stealth squad will also not be able to advance to the top, so I will do the obvious thing... Send in the Douchenators!

So your team is basically stuck up there, getting bombarded by water balloons. My stealth squad will guard the left path to the top of the cliff, and the bluff squad will take care of the right. When we run out of balloons, if everyone's eliminated, we win, if they only have a few left, we storm up the cliff, bringing the house. If they still have good numbers, I will instruct everyone to retreat back and hide, and from there we'll wait it out; hopefully the enemy will get bored and send some people down looking for us, who we can ambush and pick off one by one.

Alright! There we have it. If anyone else wants to post strategies, go right ahead, even though you know my starting plan now.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:55 am

Knowing your plan now, I'm not sure if I would fall for the bluff, but I doubt they would case any of you assuming the two left at base would be lightly armed, outnumbered, and could outrun your heavily armed opponents. The guys at the house would be medium armed, lights CPS guns and higher output air pressure ones. Most likely your troops would over run them, but because of your heavy armament at least one of them would make it up the cliffs (our new field HQ) and my team already up there would be waiting when you started up. They guys at the house are really just to slow you down, if they ran in to trouble there orders were to go back up the cliffs.

If guys at the house were defeated:
If you did manage to defeat the guys at the house, my team might be in trouble if you came up the left side of the cliffs since the guys at the house are the back door guards. We would make a last stand and try to hold the cliffs, but note that you would probably have to defeat all of them since otherwise we would know of your plan and be guarding the rear door. If this were the case, then I would try and take some good cover in the woods on the cliffs and try an ambush. I might also try and charge your base and capture it but in the moment, especially if you defeated all the house guys so we had no warning, then I probably wouldn't count how many people had attacked us to make the connection that your base is virtually empty.

If guys at our starting point were defeated:
This wouldn't really be a problem, the right cliff entrance is heavily guarded so you would be soaked if you tried to come up. The rest of my plan I would just carry out as normal: fend off the cliffs, once many of you were eliminated, attack your base using a decoy charge on one side, then coming in on the other.
Last edited by scottthewaterwarrior on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Summing up my battle vs. the Evil Alliance:

Don't die to water balloons vs. kill with water balloons.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:22 am

Basically, everyone needs to build WBLs to bring to the war this year. Having cliffs aren't as big of an advantage when you've got those. Imagine Thunder Gulch with 1 more person on each team, and a douchenator on each side.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:23 am

Would be cool, though I doubt I will be able to do that, I am not very good at fixing stock guns let alone building my own. I might be able to help with filling balloons though, I got this thing that allows you to fill and tie a balloon in a few seconds! I need to buy a new valve for it though, the standard plastic valve isn't strong enough to hold back the current and has a tendency to fly off and get lost. I plan to tape/glue it down and put a real metal valve up stream from the filler.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:40 am

4 points for Seal coming up with this
2 points for responding go to: m4, scott, mrdude
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri May 11, 2012 10:19 am

spilt up and just sneek up to barn if they can shoot 125x odds are that it aiming will be hard. if that fails do a lot of anbushes till they can no longer use the super weppon and try to use it for yourself if they have lasted that long.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo: