Tactical Scenario #3 - Role Reversal

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:14 pm

* Sidenote: a little later posting than I wanted, but it's up now! :goofy:

Environment: Grass, large bushes, sparse trees
Time: Mid-afternoon
Weather Conditions: Warm to Hot, slight breeze, moderate humidity
Game Type: Team Duels - One Hit Eliminates
Game Time: In Progress

Team Descriptions:
Your Team - you plus 2 friends
Opposing Team:3 other friends
General Armament: all players are using mid-to-high class air pressure soakers or small CPS-soakers (nothing larger than a CPS1500)

The Scenario (revisited):
You hooked up with a handful of friends for some water fight action on a nice summer's day. Everyone had agreed to playing a team-based one-hit-eliminates type game. Games were played fairly quickly as there are only 3 players per team.

There was only one area in the park which had a water fountain, this area was declared as a soak-free zone. Any 'hits' taken by a player within 20' of the water fountain would not count as an elimination. Since the fountain didn't fill very quickly, all agreed being shot at while filling would be too cheap.

You and your friends had already played a number of games. The current score was 2 wins for your team and 2 wins for your opponents. As it was getting later and some had to leave soon, it was decided that this final game of the day would decide which team could possess the bragging rights (though things were obviously pretty even between).

During this last game, one of your allies was taken out early on, but you and your buddy managed to keep things going. Then, as one of your opponents headed off for cover, you and your ally managed to trap and eliminate the two visible opposing players, leaving just one left before sweet victory would be yours (well, and your team's)!

The bushes your remaining opponent hid behind were roughly 60' away from the fountain.

You and your friend stood about 30' away from the bush, fairly directly between the bush and the fountain. However, the last skirmish, while bringing your team ahead, used up most of your water supply. Checking your blaster, you estimate that you have about a half PC left worth of firing before misting. Glancing to your partner, he seemed to be a little better off apparently having a full PC's worth of liquid.

The bush is about 8' wide and would allow your opponent to stand and still not be seen. There is 30' of open grass between your current position and the bush (the bush lies about 60' from the fountain). Behind the bush, at another 50', was the park's fence noting the limit of the playing zone. There is also the occasional mid-sized tree around, but the tree trunks would offer little cover and the trees are not easily climbable.

So, what do YOU do to increase your team's chances of being victorious?
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:36 am

So it's two on one?

I'd go out as a diversion, try and take the guy out, or get him to present his back to my teammate.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:45 am

I agree with Adrian on this one, except I'll let my teammate be the 'point man.' Both of us will run out from both sides of the bush simautaneously, hopefully confusing him by the presentation of two targets. By then, hopefully, we would have got him.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars