Water Wars - Chapter By Chapter

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:23 pm

Well, I finally have a part to add. Please feel free to post any suggestions!

**Technological Foreword**

This story takes place in 2012. In 2006, Larami was able to purchase itself out of Hasbro and decided to re-issue the CPS line's best soakers, but with slight twists. These included:

A green-and-black CPS 2000 Mk. 1
A purple-and-brown CPS 2500
A camouflage CPS 1700 with K-mod
A camouflage CPS 3200 with advanced backpack

Also, they produced several new blasters that could rival almost any other soaker in existence.

The CPS 2000X was a heavily reinforced CPS 2000 that had the equivalent of a Colossus mod and check valve freeze. It also has a slightly larger reservoir.

The CPS 2200 was a K-modded 2100 that had an air pressure WBL using a pump to pressurize both PCs.

Although the OL-1 is not a soaker, it is an excellent device for long-range artillery bombardment. It is the same as the one mounted on the 2200. This can launch 25 1" water balloons every ten seconds. 1 min. = 150 balloons. A pressure chamber lasts for ten shots, and is pressurized with a pump.

Chapter 1

Every summer for since the SS50 was produced, the people of Lemon Tree Arkansas have had a battle of supremacy. Starting the final day of school, and ending on the first, the entire town becomes divided.
John Otis was not just one of the teenagers involved, but also the commander of the Northern Empire, the largest team. Their land stretched across nearly half the town, with most of it being gained by Otis himself.
At 3:00, he was celebrating. "School's done! It's finally summer!" he declared to his five trusty friends. "So, what should we do now?"
One of his friends, Marcus, suggested, "Maybe we should go and fix up the clubhouse. After the storm on the weekend, it could be in bad condition. Besides, I think that I got the bugs fixed in the targeting program."
The rest of his friends agreed, and said that they'd be there by 4:00.

Chapter 2

Precisely on schedule, they met at the location of their base. To their horror, they discovered the storm had been worse than they thought. Their entire base had collapsed, with the wall cracked and roof shattered.
"Well," their engineer, Sandra, began, "I don't think that we can repair it. But about a month ago I drew up designs for a tree fort. Some of the material is stil ale to be used."
Enthusiasticly, Max, their tactition, commented, "With a tree fort, if it had a large enough supply of water, we could be almost invincible!"
Beginning to realize how fortunate their loss was, they all began to search through the rubble for parts.

Meanwhile, in another part of the forest, a secret meeting between the Southeast Regime and Western Kingdom leaders was taking place, to form a temporary alliance...

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:50 pm

Hey, I think that this goes in VS. :;):

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water Wars - Chapter By Chapter

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:04 pm

Can the guy please work on this I was just getting intested

Oops I hadn't looked at the date :ss50: :oo:
Last edited by the oncoming storm on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Did you check the date? 2004. It think that's a record.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:50 pm

This story takes place in 2012. In 2006, Larami was able to purchase itself out of Hasbro and decided to re-issue the CPS line's best soakers, but with slight twists.
Unfortunately, Trekkie's prediction never came true; Larami never came back, and so far, all the 2012 line-up consists of, are two outdated battery-powered blasters, and a squirt pistol...

Speaking of that, right now I'm working on a water war story about the future. Hopefully, mine will come true, because it's going to be epic. I hope to have it finished in time for the WaterWar.net League season.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:41 pm

In 2050, Hasbro will be offering keychain spray bottles.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Normally, I'd be completely sick of CPS1200fan's necroposting now, but he has allowed some surprisingly interesting perspective to come from really, really old posts.

But before I saw the date on the OP myself, I was thinking of those alternate-reality games. Games like the Modern Warfare or Fallout series that follow a completely different timeline. If only...

Sometimes the community hopes for and/or promises too much. New homemades as suitable for combat as the CPS 2500, or even new video games (Project Soaking Trident). But it's really all we have now, and as time goes on, we still have chances to accomplish quite a lot. I guess the community is to today what Larami was to yesterday, though we can always hope that BBT has a chance to capitalize a decent amount on how trashy most of Hasbro's latest blasters are.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

B-man

Post by B-man » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:01 am

If you liked this idea check out mine "compass town"
GET SOAKED
:)