Air Pressure Concept

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
atvan

Air Pressure Concept

Post by atvan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:38 pm

I have been wanting to make a few concepts for a while now, and iSoaker's challenges post reminded me of that. Also, While there are so many CPS designs out there, there are many less AP designs that are truly capable of power and capacity. Hence this concept. The PCs sacrifice power early in the shot (wide PC=greater area=less pressure) to both make the shot more constant and improve shot time.

Made entirely in MS Paint.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

atvan

Re: Air Pressure Concept

Post by atvan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:40 pm

I am double posting mostly for the sake of organization and making things easier on my part, and hopefully to make it easier to read for all of you.

The reservoir is loosely based off the 2100, especially the shape leading up to the cap and the intake hole area. The cap and selector (4 non-fan undeclared nozzles BTW) are supposed to look rather BBTy. The pump grip is my own design, a hybrid of a vertical and horizontal grip, with the jutting out part increasing grip area without making the track all limited. Plus, it looks cooler that way IMO. The front has an eerie semblance to a Berserker that was entirely unintentional. The handle was difficult to position, does t look balanced to you?

The pump is about a 10 inches long, and yes I checked, it would fit in there. Not sure why I did the scale in metric, but a 25cm+ (essentially a 10 inches) long pump was one of the requirements of the design for me. And for those wondering about scale, my original image had each pixel represent a mm, but that image is bye-bye now.

Comments? Questions? Flames? Bring it on.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:54 am

What you could also do for the PC's instead is to use a more cylindrical shape. This would give more volume for the space it takes up, and the bottom of the PC can still be tapered to assist with drainage. Tilting the PC's slightly could be a good idea too but can introduce balance/frame concerns and complications.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:57 am

Vertical or horizontal cylinders? This was meant to be something the current companies could do *cough*BBT*cough*, hence some aspects being partly asthetic.
Beware the Purple

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:35 am

Hmm... Not bad. There's a lot of unnecessary space in between the PCs and the nozzle. Although I guess you need the space for the pump, you could still shorten it a little. I'd make the PCs bigger too.

I have a whole series of concept air pressure blasters actually; I should probably post them.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:16 pm

I could move the nozzle area back, but it leaves room for modding :p

Also, I kinda deleted the file, so no chance to edit…
Beware the Purple