Anti-WB Guns?

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
atvan

Anti-WB Guns?

Post by atvan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:39 pm

I don't know if this counts as a concept, but I was wondering if anyone had considered some type of anti-water balloon weapon. while a decent water blaster may be able to burst a water gun, the range limits you to bursting it where it can likely still get you wet, especially if it was lobbed or fired from a WBL. perhaps an airsoft gun would do better? as long as everybody wears glasses/goggles and a rough limit on angles is used, then it should be fine, unless you are in a public area. I imagine an AEG would be handy if the enemy had a large number of WBs coming your way. this may be more useful in larger crowded battles where there is little space to dodge, or if your teammates are just inept. Also, if you had a gun that shot some sort of tethered item, it may add more skill to the use of it. Opinions or other ideas?
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

mr. dude

Re: Anti-WB Guns?

Post by mr. dude » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Basically the whole idea behind this.
Airsoft stings whatever rules you put in to make it safer, plus it goes against the whole "it's legal if it shoots water" thing.

However, WBLs in general are way too unwieldy to actually warrant a counter. WBs either require a bit of time to fill and tie, or can get bulky. A good soaker and reasonable dodging ability are more than enough.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:49 pm

I meant to burst WBs in mid air, such as when you are ambushed in a bottleneck and cannot dodge.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Blocking balloons with your gun usually works, though the balloon will miss most of the time. The situations where balloons tend to be super effective involve either stealth or core range or both (blindside, ambush, point-blank, or at night). Those are the only times you really need a good defense and the times where no defense will really save you. In normal situations, it's not worth using water balloons or launchers.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Sounds like the high tech anti-munitions laser systems of water warfare, or what we can try to do with that. Personally, I'd rather just dodge water balloons, or have an Airsoft game instead.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

carbonate

Post by carbonate » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:10 pm

For Anti WBL weapon, you need to have a wide-saturation weapon to intercept a small projectile that is heading towards you. Therefore, something that can block a WBL needs wide saturation. Perhaps something like wide-launched nets with pointy bits could work as stationary defense, however the real problem is using such weapon in a mobile mode. Perhaps somebody could come up with anti-WBL shells for WBL (net launcher), however the effort for such weapon would probably not worth it considering, people can dodge.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Maybe you could just try and hit it with a tennis ball? If you make the hit (difficult with hand throwing, maybe easier with a machine), the water bomb ought to pretty much drop to the ground, or at least be deflected of its original course.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Carbonate- i wanted something that required some sort of skill, hence the airsoft gun. I am terrible at throwing so would never hit it with a tennis ball. This was jsut a though, meant for aituations where dodging is limited or you teamates don't realize that if you move out of the way you won't get hit.
Beware the Purple

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:39 pm

atvan wrote:Carbonate- i wanted something that required some sort of skill, hence the airsoft gun. I am terrible at throwing so would never hit it with a tennis ball. This was jsut a though, meant for aituations where dodging is limited or you teamates don't realize that if you move out of the way you won't get hit.
Skill is moot versus effectiveness. If you can stop an oncoming balloon with a quick-release net/umbrella/shield/etc, that sure as heck beats trying to pull out some device, trying to track, aim, and precisely hit a small object coming at you at a rather fast speed (even if only hand-thrown). When it comes to water balloon attacks, unless you've got a computer-guided high-powered (enough power to pop a balloon) laser defense system, I'd place my bets on effective shielding being easier to come by than any sort of active counter-measure.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:32 pm

But way less fun. :goofy:
Beware the Purple