Concept: CPS2000X

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
isoaker

Concept: CPS2000X

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 am

iSoakerX Designs - CPS2000X
iSoakerX Designs - CPS2000X
concept_iSc_CPS2000X.jpg (90.62 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
Were I getting to design the original Monster XL, it would have looked a little something like this. Dual chambers, but individually controlled. Pump volume should be doubled (or at least 1.5x the original). Perhaps could have used over-under-dual-CPS2500s so that the nozzles had nozzle selectors, but I'm still a sucker for the sheer power of the original CPS2000's single, thick nozzle stream. I prefer the under-over design since I find thinner blasters easier to hold than wider ones.

Of course, being able to push this much water so quickly, this blaster would optimally also be able to hook up to a backpack reservoir like the CPS3200's backpack, but I still wanted the design to be fully functional on its own.

...and you KNOW you'd buy *TWO* of these if they ever actually got made. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

atvan

Re: Concept: CPS2000X

Post by atvan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:16 am

I'd have put a 2500 on the bottom with a riot blast nozzle too.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:49 am

Yeah, I was thinking go for one single large nozzle, and one selector for smaller nozzles. I wouldn't say there's call for a riot blast though, the 2000's regular nozzle will drench anything.

Over-under is probably more ergonomic, but personally I think the MXLs side-by-side six-way selectors make for maximum intimidation factor.

Aren't there problems with feeding dual CPS chambers by a single pump?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:40 pm

cantab wrote:Yeah, I was thinking go for one single large nozzle, and one selector for smaller nozzles. I wouldn't say there's call for a riot blast though, the 2000's regular nozzle will drench anything.

Over-under is probably more ergonomic, but personally I think the MXLs side-by-side six-way selectors make for maximum intimidation factor.

Aren't there problems with feeding dual CPS chambers by a single pump?
True in that the side-by-side design of the MXL adds to its intimidation faction (as well as its bipod). However, the MXL is fed by a single pump, though one can argue that the dual-PCs on the MXL act like a single one. I figure, with the right check and PRV valves in place, there really shouldn't be a problem. The pump will push into whichever CPS chamber offers the least resistance. If one chamber is full and one mostly empty, the pump will end up pushing water into the emptier one. If someone pumps too quickly, it would, at worst, end up activating a PRV and simply end up recycling the water into the reservoir.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:07 pm

I always thought the MXL actually had a single PC, but a check of your internals pictures reveals it does indeed have two.

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:24 pm

The pump would need 4 check valves here, which would raise the price.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:19 am

If someone pumps too quickly, it would, at worst, end up activating a PRV and simply end up recycling the water into the reservoir.
Then they should have PRV's like with 2000s. You can't pump them too fast, period.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers