Concept: Water Warriors Radon (?)

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
mr. dude

Concept: Water Warriors Radon (?)

Post by mr. dude » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:38 pm

I've always been fascinated by the Water Warriors Precharger series (Argon, Xenon, Krypton), but I don't think they explored it enough. Now that Hasbro has apparently filed a lawsuit that prevents BBT (I'm sorry, but to me that says Big Bang Theory, not Buzz Bee Toys :D) from using the Hydropower system, maybe this is an opportunity to do more with the prechargers. Afterall, this is basically the same technology that created SuperCannon II, just on a smaller scale. To stick with the Noble Gases theme, introducing the Radon...
I don't feel like drawing anything now, nor do I need to because this is almost the exact same soaker as the Krypton, but with the following changes:
-Much higher PC volume
-Much smaller pump
-Higher pipe diameter
-Whatever external design changes needed to accomodate the above.

It's simple, increased PC volume and pipe diameter=more power, and the smaller pump is so the average person still stands a chance of pressurizing it. My brain is in holiday mode, so I can't think of the physics behind pumping, ie I won't specify what I mean by smaller...
The pump may need to be tracked, since it could be more fragile than normal.

Other than that, I can't think of any big improvements to make, better nozzle selection aside, the Prechargers system does have a lot of potential, it just needs a nudge in the right direction.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Concept: Water Warriors Radon (?)

Post by HBWW » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Separate air/water air pressure designs have historically proven to be expensive for stock blasters. All the money going into such a system; the air pressurization system and the piston seal, can go to higher volume and internal diameters on traditional air pressure systems which would produce better blasters.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:08 pm

That would be my wish for the entire line, higher volume and ID.
The Krypton was somewhere around $30CAD if I'm not mistaken, which would price this somewhere between $35-$40CAD, and while I think $40 is a bit much for anything smaller than a CPS 2700, it's not painfully high given how well the gun should perform.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Been thinking about this a bit more, I really hope Big Bee sees it (but kindly ignores my Big Bang Theory comment :)). Some more specifics off the top of my head:
-Big reservoir, 3-3.5L
-2" PC diameter, a volume of around 500mL
-Semi-tracked pump
-Wide internal tubing (1/2")
-Nozzles: 1.5x, 3x, 5x, 10x, Riot

Colour would of course be the extremely pale green that radon emits. Concept drawing could come if I feel like making one.

Otherwise, just some general air-powered beasts would be acceptable, but I would definitely buy this one.