How much water? (backpack edition)

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.

How much water do you think makes for a great all-purpose primary backpack-using water blaster?

1L - 2L (33.3oz - 83.3oz)
No votes
2L - 3L (83.3oz - 100oz)
4%
3L - 5L (100oz - 183.3oz)
8%
5L - 7L (183.3oz - 233.3oz)
23%
7L - 10L (233.3oz - 333.3oz)
54%
10L - 15L (333.3oz - 500oz)
8%
>15L (>500oz; please specify amount desired)
4%

Total votes: 26

isoaker

How much water? (backpack edition)

Post by isoaker » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:29 pm

How much water do you think is best to have in a good, all-purpose primary backpack-based water blaster? The reason to specify backpack is that it is typically easier to carry additional weight on one's shoulders than it is on one's arms. That said, there's definitely a reasonable limit as well and each additional pound/kilo does add up. Pick your preference in the poll!

As well, for those interested, please explain why you chose the number range you did.

Sidenote: You can choose two choices here since some may like to have a smaller backpack for light-duty missions while having access to a larger backpack for long missions or battling in areas with limit refilling capabilities.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

martianshark

Re: How much water? (backpack edition)

Post by martianshark » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:51 pm

I haven't really used any backpack blasters, but I would guess that 5-7 liters is good.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:06 am

2 gallons (almost 8L) is fairly standard. What's important is having a soft shell backpack that can scale down easily and carry less water without taking up space. Anything more than 8L is probably too heavy for most people, and going lighter is always beneficial. However, restricting to light loads is a bad idea. Same idea with water gun reservoirs; the capacity should be large enough for those who wish to and are able to hold heavy amounts of water but without taking up too much physical space.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:19 pm

I agree, using the CPS 3000 with its 8 litre backpack, you can last really long and it is not too heavy :)

I can just say, the CPS 3000's backpack got nearly everything, what a backpack should have. The outher backpack should be stronger, so you can run without damage. I had never problems with the adapter leaking, so I think this is also well made :)

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:37 pm

i went with the 7-10L. it will make sure you don't run dry during a war, but doesn't pull your arms off at the same time :P
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]