hydroblitz v.2 (aka- what the hydroblitz should have been)

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

hydroblitz v.2 (aka- what the hydroblitz should have been)

Post by thelaminator » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:55 pm

most people (such as i) don't like the hydroblitz for two main reasons- exessive complexity, and a low-preformance large nozzle. this added amount of complex mechanisms affects the cost of production, thus affecting the retail cost (40$ usd? ouch.), and the large nozzle barely puts out half the water of a flash flood! (per burst, obviously.) i have a slight design change that will positively affect both problems.

first, let's look at how the "burst" mechanism works:
hydroblitzinside2.jpg
hydroblitzinside2.jpg (116.18 KiB) Viewed 7679 times
the mechanism works similarly to the largest blaster released this year, that was so horrible, i dare not mention it's name. when the trigger valve is opened, the pressure flows from the main pressure chamber to a secondary pressure chamber. when the secondary pressure chamber is full, it activates a secondary trigger valve, thus releasing a "burst". then repeats 4-5 more times.

now is my setup:
hydroblitzconcept1.jpg
hydroblitzconcept1.jpg (110.1 KiB) Viewed 7679 times
in my setup, the main pressure chamber is the only pressure chamber, which feeds directly to the large nozzle, *using larger tubing than the original*, while also passing through a laminator similar to the one found on the CPS 2000.

EDIT: SEAL pointed out a good idea would be to expand the resivoir over to the deadspace given due to removing the secondary PC. thanks SEAL!
EDIT 2: The statement denoted by *'s iwas suggested by martianshark. thanks!

thoughts? feedback? constructivefeedback? hasbro bashing?
Last edited by thelaminator on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: hydroblitz v.2 (aka- what the hydroblitz should have been)

Post by SEAL » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Hey thelaminator. Haven't seen you in a while.

Yes, I agree with you to some extent, but I have a few more improvements.

First, change the shape. I personally don't own the HB, but from what I've heard, the shape of it is kind of awkward and uncomfortable. Give it a more normal blaster shape.

Second, remove the tiny, weak normal nozzle, and replace it with a nozzle selector with good size nozzles, such as those found on the CPS 2500. And of course it would have the CPS 2000-type laminator.

Third, replace the secondary pressure chamber (Or whatever that thing is.) with a Supercannon 2 piston, and make the burst nozzle even bigger. :cool_liquidators: You'd also have to give it a much bigger reservoir to compensate.

That would be my ideal turret gun. Of course, it would require a complete design change, but that's what I think the Hydroblitz should have been. That is, if it actually were possible. In real life, I'd just be happy with a powerful CPS blaster with a Max Infusion cap and a very powerful riot blast.

How moddable is the Hydroblitz? I don't know who has a HB, but this could probably be done by modding.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Could be better IMO. The PC should be placed on where you removed it for direct flow to the nozzle. Actually, given the shell of the blaster, its pretty hopeless to convert it into anything practical. There'd be too much leftover space.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:33 pm

No... I opened my HydroBlitz when it broke, and the tubes that lead to the secendary chamber and stuff are too small. It needs that pressure chamber, or bigger pipe.

By the way, I hooked the HydroBlitz's main bladder to a sort of prototype CPH thing, and it's really powerful. It was pushing my arms back hard, although it's probably partly because of how light the prototype was.

The HydroBlitz's pump should also be replaced with something less complex.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:19 pm

martianshark wrote:No... I opened my HydroBlitz when it broke, and the tubes that lead to the secendary chamber and stuff are too small. It needs that pressure chamber, or bigger pipe.
edited. thanks for the info!
C-A_99 wrote:Could be better IMO. The PC should be placed on where you removed it for direct flow to the nozzle. Actually, given the shell of the blaster, its pretty hopeless to convert it into anything practical. There'd be too much leftover space.
yes, there is a load of deadspace left over, but i bet hasbro could "innovativly fix" that.
EDIT: the deadspace could be used to expand the resivior, as pointed out by SEAL.
SEAL wrote:Hey thelaminator. Haven't seen you in a while.

Yes, I agree with you to some extent, but I have a few more improvements.

First, change the shape. I personally don't own the HB, but from what I've heard, the shape of it is kind of awkward and uncomfortable. Give it a more normal blaster shape.

Second, remove the tiny, weak normal nozzle, and replace it with a nozzle selector with good size nozzles, such as those found on the CPS 2500. And of course it would have the CPS 2000-type laminator.

Third, replace the secondary pressure chamber* (Or whatever that thing is.) with a Supercannon 2 piston, and make the burst nozzle even bigger. :cool_liquidators: You'd also have to give it a much bigger reservoir to compensate.

That would be my ideal turret gun. Of course, it would require a complete design change, but that's what I think the Hydroblitz should have been. That is, if it actually were possible. In real life, I'd just be happy with a powerful CPS blaster with a Max Infusion cap and a very powerful riot blast.

How moddable is the Hydroblitz? I don't know who has a HB, but this could probably be done by modding.
on your "zeroeth" point: glad to be back!

on your first point: the only shape problem is that the placement of the grip was awkward, making it nearly impossible to carry with one hand.

on your second point: that's a good idea, but given the fact that if we put a 2500 nozzle selector on there, that would mean we would have two 20x nozzles. not absolutely nessasary.

on your third point point: that was the plan, up to the "*". a good idea is to expand the resivoir. i might just edit that into my post. thank you.

on the part where you asked if it was moddable: no. the only thing you can do to it is salvage the parts to make something else. it could be done via modding, but i put this out there as more of a general thought, rather than a modding plan.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:42 pm

You know, if this was done, it would basically be an oversized Flash Flood with a little more power.

What's *'s?
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:36 am

If it was done my way, it would be a SCII hybrid turret gun with a LOT more power than the FF.
if we put a 2500 nozzle selector on there, that would mean we would have two 20x nozzles. not absolutely nessasary.
I would obviously resize the burst nozzle to make it as big as a Supercannon 2 nozzle. Of course, that would only happen if I was in charge of the HB design team. :goofy:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:12 pm

martianshark wrote:You know, if this was done, it would basically be an oversized Flash Flood with a little more power.

What's *'s?
yes, or it could be seen this way: CPS 2000 mk. 3! :goofy:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:42 am

I think what needs to happen is that a lot more backspace needs to be given to the cylinderical bladder. The reservoir must mutate entirely and rest on the bottom half of the blaster. Actually, that could make for interesting balance, but the blaster basically becomes all water inside and quite heavy. Of course, its possible to fill it up less but that'll make it front heavy when pressurized. To fix that, the handle has to move up.

Overall, some very, very major design changes are needed to make the HydroBlitz operate optimumly. (Is that even a word? =p)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:07 pm

C-A_99 wrote:I think what needs to happen is that a lot more backspace needs to be given to the cylinderical bladder. The reservoir must mutate entirely and rest on the bottom half of the blaster. Actually, that could make for interesting balance, but the blaster basically becomes all water inside and quite heavy. Of course, its possible to fill it up less but that'll make it front heavy when pressurized. To fix that, the handle has to move up.

Overall, some very, very major design changes are needed to make the HydroBlitz operate optimumly. (Is that even a word? =p)
that's a good idea, but then it loses that minigun-esque look that it owns. plus the shoulder strap and lever-style pump help. but being able to dual- wield these would be pretty sick :cool_liquidators:

OFF-TOPIC: the phrase you are looking for is "at optimum performance"

v0vanu4

Post by v0vanu4 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:26 am

The Hydroblitz v.2 has never been popular among the people because it is very complicated. Moreover the price of the equipment was too high compared to its performance. These two reasons are just enough to make it unpopular. It is a good idea to change the shape of the real equipment and make some other changes in the design. Everything related with the Hydroblitz v.2 is very complicated. These wonderful modifications will give us a better Hydroblitz.