Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
isoaker

Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Post by isoaker » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:47 am

The Water Blaster Wishing Pool hears all.

Want better water blasters than what are presently on the market to come out sooner rather than later? Every time you have a dream soaker come to mind, please revisit this thread and add your mental wish. For even greater effect, feel free to post your water blaster wishes and dreams. As always, I'm keeping my hopes high for what the future holds for water blasters and water warfare, but having others share the positive outlook can only help bring about progress.

Never under-estimate the power of group-wide positive thinking.

Consider this thread for fun, for hope, for the future!

Note: This thread is for positive thoughts, wishes, and dreams only. Negative and/or pessimistic thoughts are welcome on other parts of these forums, but not in this particular thread.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Sun

Re: Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Post by Sun » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:06 pm

I wish, that there will be a HUGE blaster, great power, and 100x nozzle,etc. :P

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:30 pm

I want the water warfare equivalent of a big tripod-mounted machine gun.
And a pistol (about MD2K sized) with a similar idea to the Triple Shot's nozzles.

Rover

Post by Rover » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:40 pm

I'm an easy guy to please. I don't want insane things like super soaker tanks, machine guns, or rocket launchers (although It'd be pretty awesome). I just want these 3 guns or their equivalents: Cps 1500, Cps 2500, Cps 3000. Thats all. If these things hit shelves again, every single retailer in 20 miles of me would be bought out. Why? I'd start a massive water warfare team, and what better way to drum up excitement for that but awesome soakers that've got power, looks, and durability. There'd be a blaster to fit every person and style of play. Essentially, I wanna go back in time 10 years. lol

Edit: I've gotta compliment you Isoaker. Isoaker.net is the single best Forum on the net. It's easy to use, easy to navigate, quick to load, and fun to browse. The entire Isoaker website is in and of itself a marvel of web design, being clean, classy, and impeccable in it's operation. Bravo, Isoaker. : )

DX

Post by DX » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:37 pm

All I need is a soaker with a spherical CPS pc or connection that fits one. Don't care how much power the stock gun has or even what it looks like.

Of course I still have dream gun specifications-

DX Hellcannon:

Nozzles - 4 - skirmish [3-5x], optimized range [4-9x], spreading flood [10-12x], and hydrowave [100-120x]

Shot Time - 10 sec skirmish, 5 sec optimized range, 2 sec spreading flood, 1 sec hydrowave

Reservoir - 2.5L onboard, backpack hookup, rapid filling cap setup, large intake hole in small depression at bottom

Pressure Chamber - spherical CPS, thick as a 40 balloon k-mod [or piston/air combo if providing comparable power]

Trigger - thick, sturdy, high repetition rate [XP 150/75 style]

Pump - tracked for durability, soft comfortable grip

Colors - green/black/brown camo with twig and leaf texture [also lighter colored design option]

Design - compact with virtually no dead space, reservoir shaped to distribute weight across gun both vertically and horizontally

Size and Weight - upper mid-size, upper mid-weight

Strap - soft, wide, and comfortable while running long distances

Price - don't care...preferably a unique gun that you can only obtain through special means...
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:58 am

Lots of great ideas and dreams above! Of course, do remember, this thread isn't just meant for visiting when you have a dream you wish to share; it's also for visiting whenever you feel like getting inspired on what could be or wish to just give that little bit of additional positive energy to making our water blaster dreams come true.

Never underestimate the power of positive dreams!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:54 am

Another month begins and I'll add another wish, hoping for better blasters in 2009. Do you believe in dreams come true?

I do.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:01 am

Have your dreams already come true or do you still have more water blaster dreams that remain to be fulfilled? There is promise in the future and positive thoughts will help bring them about.

Pause a moment and make a wish today.

Soak on!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:28 pm

Weird, I never posted in this topic yet...

DX pretty much nailed it on the head though. Exception for me is that I probably won't be able to get one for more than $30 or $40, but such a design shouldn't even cost that much. As for the pump, I'd go with a semi-tracked pump to minimize lubrication needs. Obviously, there's got to be at least 2 rods inside the handle that goes through the holes in the pump rod, otherwise it's not going to balance nor hold up for crap. For PC size, I'd go with something 700mL or larger, which provides some leeway should one happen to be too trigger happy, and also allows for more soakage with those... "hydrowave" shots. (which are obviously only useful as hit-and-run attacks in soakfests)

Of course, iSoaker is hinting at something for 2009. My best guess is that BBT is finally going to put out higher powered blasters for 2009, though the CPSs faded into the background of the wishing pond "logo" might be worth pondering. As for his question to all of us... well... available combat-practical blasters have been a dream of everyone here for years.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:27 pm

Don't read to much about what I say (or don't say)... what's important in this case is simply the power of positive feelings. There are many ways things can improve when it comes to water blasters, but some times things can take awhile to happen. I just wish to keep the hope and dreams alive. We have seen some good blasters in the past (i.e. the 1998 CPS series) and some promising blasters upcoming (i.e. the Water Warriors Pulse Series), but there's always room for better things. Of course, there are many ways to make things better, too.

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:21 pm

I'd go for a blaster with a 4L tank, 120cm long, 1.5L PC and a seven second shot time with 200mL/second output.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:08 pm

I know this is sort of a silly hope, but I still hope to see this thread get more than 1000 views before the end of the year... just for good luck! More wishes and positive thinking, the better.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:49 pm

A whole lot of soakers. We haven't had too many options lately. It'd be great to see about 10 guns come out next year.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:57 pm

Well, my "wish" for >1000 page views came true... hopefully our wishes for better blasters in the near future will also follow suit.:goofy:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:37 pm

So, have you had any new dreams / wishes lately? I know I have.

Sun

Post by Sun » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:20 pm

I wish for the CPS patent to expire sometime soon.Once it does, then a bunch of companies will be (hopefully) able to make uber water guns!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Now that "On-Season" is here for the Northern Hemisphere 2009, got any new water blaster dreams?

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:14 pm

Transparent reservoirs. We need those back, thick, transparent plastic reservoirs. How much water do I have left? Do you know? I don't know! Wait, my tank is see-through! Now I know, and I'm going to use what's left to kick some ass!

Big. Bigger. Biggest blasters possible. Big, CPS powered frak-off cannons that would knock over small children. Ok, that's impossibly large (especially in this day and age), but I want everybody in the business to push it as far as is feasible to do so. I haven't bought any blasters in awhile, but if I see something on the level of the old first wave of CPSes come out again, I promise I will buy 3 of each. I'll do it, cause I'm nuts.

Bring back number schemes. Part of the childlike appeal of Super Soakers back in the day was the idea that they were equipment; kid oriented equipment but still equipment and not necessarily *just* toys as well. When you're 13, being able to talk like "oh, well I just picked up the XP-110 the other day... yeaaaaah, it's pretty awesome, but the shot time blah blah blah" is worth the price of admission alone. And of course the nostalgia value now would fill that void.

Do you guys see what they did with the Nerf line this year and last? With the sights and lasers and shoulder stocks and quasi-military/scifi styling? That. Do that. Hasbro, Buzz Bee... do it. You know you want to.

And bring back "Wetter is Better!" plus the Gunnery Sergeant dude for the commercials. A whole new wave of kids grew up with Johnson from Halo and will identify with that dude more than just random kids shooting each other.
"...Yes."

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:34 am

The epicness they did with Nerf recently actually dates back 3-4 years when the N-strike line was started and the blue color scheme was used. (which, I must say I liked better, dispite its lack of black and silver colors) Its no surprise that Nerf seemed to have become more popular since then. (comparing current N-Strike to old designs, they're much nicer than the odd styling of much of Larami's Nerf guns) Its unfortunate because such design styles don't work that well for water guns due to reservoirs and pressure chamber systems. For water guns, my favorite designs are guns like the Flash Flood, CPS 2500, Defender, Monster XL, and even the CPS 1000, which sports a rather sci-fi assault-rifle inspired style. (and the round PC adds to a sci-fi feel thanks to the blue tubes that go around it.) Since water guns aren't really the type where you put the stock on your shoulder and look through the sights (its impractical to do so anyway), those designs I mentioned combine a touch of goofiness to sci-fi style blasters whose aiming doesn't work based on sights and more on, perhaps, HUD icons its soldier should have. (Halo is pretty big on this, particuarly with the MA5 assault rifles, though many of the guns still have sights to assist the common soldier.

I agree somewhat about the commercials, though the 90's Super Soaker commercials wseem a bit too goofy for the current generation. Showing more interesting blasting and combat action between the players (like on nerf commercials) would be better but they focus too much on the gimmicks instead of actual water warfare.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:05 pm

I don't like the structural designs of:
CPS 1000, 1200, Orca, Triple Charge, 2700, 1500, Tiger Shark, Backstrike, Max D 2000+, Hydroblade, Overload/Secret Strike, XP 250, XXP 275,
I like the structural designs of:
SC 500, SC 600, Monster/4100, Monster X, Monster XL, Aquapack Devastator, CPS Splashzooka

I prefer sleek blasters - no big bubbles. Metallic and black go well with neon colors, but it's also nice to have guns with out black or silver. I liked tracked pumps and several nozzle choices on larger blasters. It's also nice to when medium/smaller blasters have some kinda alternative nozzle like piston operated blast on the storm 2500, riot blast on the xp 105. I don't like the Max D nozzle mechanism because I am sick of having to repair them. I think it'd be cool to see a pressure gauge on a soaker again, and I also like the numbers on the blaster. Names should be reserved for something truly out of the norm such as the Monster series. I'm also huge on the transparent reservoir, not only does it look better but it's useful. For larger blasters that require a thicker plastic you could use whatever the 1500/1700 used, as you could still see through it. Lasers and stuff are pretty crazy and probably unnecessary and expensive but I would not object to having one on a soaker haha. Lastly... pumps that pump LOTS of water. The XP 150 was great because it didn't take many pumps to charge and you still had a decent shot time and output. I want something with those qualities (just no twist off reservoir).
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.