Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Re: Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Post by steelboot. » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:53 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Weird, I never posted in this topic yet...

DX pretty much nailed it on the head though. Exception for me is that I probably won't be able to get one for more than $30 or $40, but such a design shouldn't even cost that much. As for the pump, I'd go with a semi-tracked pump to minimize lubrication needs. Obviously, there's got to be at least 2 rods inside the handle that goes through the holes in the pump rod, otherwise it's not going to balance nor hold up for crap. For PC size, I'd go with something 700mL or larger, which provides some leeway should one happen to be too trigger happy, and also allows for more soakage with those... "hydrowave" shots. (which are obviously only useful as hit-and-run attacks in soakfests)

Of course, iSoaker is hinting at something for 2009. My best guess is that BBT is finally going to put out higher powered blasters for 2009, though the CPSs faded into the background of the wishing pond "logo" might be worth pondering. As for his question to all of us... well... available combat-practical blasters have been a dream of everyone here for years.
I think isoaker put in a hint about the Vindicator back in September 2008 when he posted this. isoaker, that's never a Vindicator nozzle selector in the bottom left corner of the image, is it? If not, correct me, but if so, and I realized it, do I get a cookie? Anyway, if I'm right, that's really cool! That would mean BBT told you early and you subliminally inserted a snippet of the soon-to-be-best available stock soaker. Weird stuff.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:55 am

Anyone have new water blaster dreams/wishes for 2010 and beyond?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:08 pm

I demand a line of paintball style blasters that can shoot waterballs, like water balloons but smaller. 200ft of range, CO2 powered automatic fire, the whole deal.

On a more serious note, I don't think there's much changing on our dreamy dreams and wishes. Though to be honest, I've been wishing for more/better wars than blasters for the past while.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Well, I wish for a spherical based CPS blaster, about the size of a CPS 2000 with at least a 600 ml output (six shots per refill with a 3.6 liter tank). It would have 6 nozzles, a 1x, 4x, 8x, 11x, and 20x plus a 10x+ Flood type Nozzle (like the one on the Hydroblitz). I want thick pipes so the blaster can handle a huge (100 balloon or larger) K-mod, or it comes already with a huge K-mod. It would have a QFD port and a tracked pump and a tethered cap (yay, the return of tethered caps). It would outclass the range of the CPS 2000 pretty easily and get as good of output figures as well. Here are the shot times of the nozzles:
1x: 8 seconds
4x: 5 seconds
8x: 2.5 seconds
11x: 1.75 seconds
20x: 1 second
Flood: 1 second
This would be great to have!
The name's Juch, just Juch.
The word Juch meant water in medieval times.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:19 pm

I used to prefer spherical for easy modding, but I think cylinderical actually results in less dead space; less volume of water left in the PC that cannot be shot. For power, k-modding is what gives flexibility, but since more power is almost always better, a bladder at least as good as the 2000's is ideal. Laminators can take care of excess flow for smaller nozzles, while larger nozzles get all the power they need. Pumping will be more difficult but worth it in the long run.

Forget caps, period. They seldom thread on correctly in the heat of battle, and a relatively large (3/4") ball valve would be much better to work with. Perhaps in addition, a permanent quick-fill port can be attached for water bottle filling without having to flip the valve, as well as to allow air in without creating a vacuum.

I guess the whole purpose of Hasbro's caps is to never have to unthread them unless letting the reservoir dry. Unfortunately, their quick fill isn't perfectly universal and there comes a time that they have to be opened to fill, which is where the ball valve would come in.

The flood nozzle is also better known as a riot blast. Not to be confused with the useless fan blast as the riot is pretty useful when used at the appropriate ranges.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:45 pm

1. max infusion cps 2500 would be perfect for me :cps2500:
2. a real cps blaster made by hasbro. (come on, hasbro, we know you can do it.)
3. simple design soaker, and no "SPECIAL FEATURE!" nonsense
4. simpler ball valves, no more of this max-d maddness
5. at least the re-release of the Flash Flood *the blaster that brought me into this watery mess*
6. the discontinuation of basic piston blasters (rattler, bottle blitz, etc.)
*7. if hasbro really want's the "real gun" look to stay, they could at least re-introduce the pulse nozzles, but with an actual pressure chamber (ie. xp 90 w/ spherical cps w/ rattler- like shell)
8. hasbro blasters with buzz bee performance (it's a shame an off-brand can out-soak THE name brand that started the whole thing...)
9. original style boxes, and no more "full-body" boxes.
more to come....

*if this were to be done, we'd have a water blaster version of the P90! (for those gun enthusists out there :goofy: )

now, to be less wanting, and more accepting, i do like the "red v. blue" idea, so team members are easier to distinguish. just have it more enforced with real soakers, and not the 'new generation' blasters which could probably be outclassed by basicly any blasters in the same price-range.
Last edited by thelaminator on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:00 am

@thelaminator:

I like your post. I'd really like a MI backpack to compliment my 2500. With regard to #4, there are present-day blasters like the Vindicator that have over 5x outputs, and as for #6, Flash Floods have been on the shelves for the last four years so I guess your dream came true!
Still love soakers.

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:03 am

steelboot. wrote:@thelaminator:

#6, Flash Floods have been on the shelves for the last four years so I guess your dream came true!
well, this year, all my searching shows none in retail stock.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:55 am

Buddy, it's February. What do you expect?

edit: post count = Ty Cobb's lifetime batting average :)
Still love soakers.

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:21 pm

well, target already has it's full supplemnt of soakers for the year, toys r us is kinda lacking in blaster avalibility, and i don't even bother with wal*mart

soak2urundergarments

Post by soak2urundergarments » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:16 pm

:cps2000: i want a new gun thats like a cps2000 but with some changes like maybe a backpack for higher water capacity or something like that, or even just the same gun but back on the shelves, or if possible a monsterxl back on the shelves!! :helix:

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:09 pm

In the summer, they'll be available and on eBay they still are, but they're about four times as expensive.
Still love soakers.

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:37 pm

steelboot. wrote:In the summer, they'll be available and on eBay they still are, but they're about four times as expensive.
really? they still sell MXL's? i gotta get one....

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Okay... I wish for a golf cart. Then I could modify it into a tank!

Ooh... Cool smilies! :cps2000: :soaked:
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:16 am

I wish there was a super soaker wich looks like a shotgun, have a shotgun nozzle but also a long distance nozzle, have high power, much water output, have a high pc and also a backpack for long battling.......etc. :D :P :D

edit:
and I mean a huge backpack........ not the ones they sell at the moment...
Have a Bottle Shot, a XP 70 and a XP 110 and also recently bought a Look Alike of the Arctic Shock

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:42 am

^ Sounds like a CPS 2500 with a riot blast nozzle and backpack mod. It may not look like a shotgun, but once your target is drenched I don't think anyone will notice.

Welcome to iSoaker.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Welcome to iSoaker, Gilgamesh!

For some reason, I really want a Tiger Shark or Orca now.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 am

I wonder if it would be possible to pre-pressurize metal canisters of water, with some sort of seal or valve on the top that could be swapped in and out of soakers. Sort of an advanced version of that new one that uses a drinking water bottle. It would free up the designs from the need of a pump and traditional reservoir, and would introduce more strategy, as I imagine the canisters wouldn't likely carry much.

An anniversary edition of the 2000mk1 would be nice as well.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Adrian wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to pre-pressurize metal canisters of water, with some sort of seal or valve on the top that could be swapped in and out of soakers. Sort of an advanced version of that new one that uses a drinking water bottle. It would free up the designs from the need of a pump and traditional reservoir, and would introduce more strategy, as I imagine the canisters wouldn't likely carry much.

An anniversary edition of the 2000mk1 would be nice as well.

Adrian
sounds like a over-the-top XP Triple Play, but with more tanks. and that idea, as cool as it sounds, lacked a LOT of what it should of had.

jappert

Post by jappert » Thu May 06, 2010 1:01 am

I wish for a re-relaese of the cps 1700 or monster X mk1.
Most of current (Hasbro) blasters are crap and i'm prety happy to have an old school blaster :cps1500: